Engineers falling at sleep...

Honestly, im falling at sleep driving and looking for materials, 3 hours to find 1 phosphorus. Frontier, can you add POI's with higher drop chances or treasure areas that drop a larger quantities of materials.

The grind is really killing it for me (not that I mind grinding when it's rewarding). I gotta say it gets real boring when i have two grab 3 cups of coffee to keep me going.

kthx

Last edited:
If you need 3 hours to find a single phosphorus you're on the wrong planet.
Try prospecting on another planet. Phosphorus is pretty common so it shouldn't take too long. :)

you'll get better over time.

listen to the srv scanner sounds, and go into the direction of them.

if you get the hang of it, it is fairly easy to find even metallic meteorits.

you'll get better over time.

listen to the srv scanner sounds, and go into the direction of them.

if you get the hang of it, it is fairly easy to find even metallic meteorits.

nah i refuse to land on any more planets i cant stay awake it's way too boring just to pick up rocks. I'll be back once they fix this horrendous grind.

Then it's pretty weird that you've only found a single phosphorus.

I know for real, they are very common that's the funny part. All I found was zinc, zinc, zinc, zinc.

Last edited:
I think there may be a quirk with mats that the game knows you need.

I have been mining since update, trying the new mechanics, before I left I picked up a mission to supply 3 platinium, no problem I said, plat is pretty common so off I toddles in my Conda mining vessel, 3 full cargo holds later, not one bit of platinium from ANY asteroid that I scanned, got everything else though.

I think there may be a quirk with mats that the game knows you need.

I have been mining since update, trying the new mechanics, before I left I picked up a mission to supply 3 platinium, no problem I said, plat is pretty common so off I toddles in my Conda mining vessel, 3 full cargo holds later, not one bit of platinium from ANY asteroid that I scanned, got everything else though.

did you get any phosphorus from mining asteroids belts so far? i might try mining seems less boring than roving on barren planets.

Last edited:
did you get any phosphorus from mining asteroids belts so far?

Nope but it seems the AI knows I need that mat and won't give me any until I have scooped my eyeballs with a rusty spoon because of excess grinding, similar to yourself searching for that once pretty common phosp.

Phosphorus isn't a metal by the by so High metal worlds is not the best place to find it.

Bronzite Chondrite is what you are looking for or outcrops on non metal worlds

http://www.wavescanner.net/

You do get phosphorus from Rocky Belt clusters and rings asteroid mining, again non metal element so don't look in metallic or metal rich rings

Last edited:
USS are filled with materials. Also NPCs drop some when destroyed. Some missions award them too.

Carrying collector limpets make life easier.

Phosophorus is a very common material, normaly it shouldn't take long (certainly not 3 hours) to find some of it on any planet. Pretty much any Outcrop, Bronzitedingsbums and all the others can have them so you don't have to look for Mettalic Meteroit like for very rares.

If it has gotten so rare there may be a bug going on, will try and check when I have time.

Top Bottom