Fast Track Engineering

I would like to see an addition to the current system:
a] a button to allow me to fully engineer a single module as far as it will go based on the mats I have collected rather then click, click, clickety-click [yawn], possibly with an "are you sure Cmdr?" msg with a response from the eng. saying, for example, "we can get you as far as Lvl4, perhaps a little further"
b] selecting one or more of the same type of wpns and getting the eng. to upgrade them all in a round-robin type process until the mats ran out leaving me with, say, 3 beam all at efficient lvl 3.

Even if these 'quick-eng.' btns were only at the engineers themselves and not available as part of remote eng.ing - it might be fun to watch some animation of the eng. process similar to the round circles we have now

dxm55

Banned
I would like to see an addition to the current system:
a] a button to allow me to fully engineer a single module as far as it will go based on the mats I have collected rather then click, click, clickety-click [yawn], possibly with an "are you sure Cmdr?" msg with a response from the eng. saying, for example, "we can get you as far as Lvl4, perhaps a little further"
b] selecting one or more of the same type of wpns and getting the eng. to upgrade them all in a round-robin type process until the mats ran out leaving me with, say, 3 beam all at efficient lvl 3.

Even if these 'quick-eng.' btns were only at the engineers themselves and not available as part of remote eng.ing - it might be fun to watch some animation of the eng. process similar to the round circles we have now

The crap part about engineering is the randomness at the attempts to engineer a module up a grade.
Sometimes it moves half the circle, at other times it moves a freaking degree or radian.
Double-U, Tee, Eff.

Just make it consistent. One Click on the engineering button, and the 💩 gets done for that grade.
What's with the stupid random mechanics? Waste of mats. We already have to frakking grind for that crap and wasting it on a single percentage point is a slap to the face. Gorram programming.

The crap part about engineering is the randomness at the attempts to engineer a module up a grade.
Sometimes it moves half the circle, at other times it moves a freaking degree or radian.
Double-U, Tee, Eff.

Just make it consistent. One Click on the engineering button, and the 💩 gets done for that grade.
What's with the stupid random mechanics? Waste of mats. We already have to frakking grind for that crap and wasting it on a single percentage point is a slap to the face. Gorram programming.
Yeah, I see that the RNG is working overtime here, I can't really understand that 5000 pilots all arrive to have a given Engineer pimp their Asps jump range and they can end up with wildly different results, when a car tuner pimps an engine (eg. stage III) it's usually pretty much the same as the one that went out the door yesterday (assuming the the same base)
There should be very little discrepancy between 'pimps' of all grades with only the experimental effects involving a wider variation.
where some pilots get a ship that's fast but hot that cooling should have been taken care of in the build, I understand it adds variation but it's a variation that could be taken care of by different Engineers, one could do better cooling and another might give a better performance or longevity again assuming the same unit.

Top Bottom