FC jump times still long ?

Everyone who filled up their carrier with cargo somewhere else is now jumping as close as possible to the cg system... lots of money to be made

This is not the first CG like this and this is not the first Sunday evening in a CG week - and yed and i dont remember getting 45-60 minutes jump times that easily

7x4xlq.jpg

I did two carrier jumps in live last night, both were just over 17 mins. Legacy appears to be running absolutely fine.

@Rebel Yell
It's all about rewards, no matter what form they take. That's the curse of modern gaming.
Common sense would suggest you should do it the old-fashioned way to maximise your profits but the jury seems out on that one.

I see... I maximize the fun, that's my reward.

May be I'm a little "romantic" about approaching the game but... but all those "material" rewards are pixels, what I feel when undocking in my piracy ship... the uncertain outcome of the next engagement, what could happen after the next hauler submit to my interdiction, the chickchatting with other players, etc. etc.

Source: https://media.giphy.com/media/IntCEdOCoB1Pa/giphy.gif

I see... I maximize the fun, that's my reward.

May be I'm a little "romantic" about approaching the game but... but all those "material" rewards are pixels, what I feel when undocking in my piracy ship... the uncertain outcome of the next engagement, what could happen after the next hauler submit to my interdiction, the chickchatting with other players, etc. etc.

Source: https://media.giphy.com/media/IntCEdOCoB1Pa/giphy.gif
I'm curious, when I buy commodities from my carrier my inventory appears empty. When I'm scanned by NPCs, pirates or system authority, they see nothing.
If you scan someone who took commodities from a carrier can you see anything?

I'm curious, when I buy commodities from my carrier my inventory appears empty. When I'm scanned by NPCs, pirates or system authority, they see nothing.
If you scan someone who took commodities from a carrier can you see anything?
Mmm... good question, usually when players do not have cargo are mostly compliant and say "I'm empty" or similar. But some times it happens that they don't talk, and we don't find cargo and it's a "byez, o7, fly safe" etc. but go figure if they in reality had some cargo and the bug cheated our manifest scanners :cry: we'd still use breakers, but they're sooo unreliable now 🤦‍♂️

And then you'll stop playing the game a week after the CG ends leaving your carrier taking up a parking spot in a high traffic system somewhere causing headaches for those of us who actually play the game... until the next CG comes along and you contribute to stupidly long jump times just to start the cycle over again.
Well, you may do that...

Your choice, naturally.

It's not about people playing the game wrong, it's about f-dev clearly not considering the effects of the events they put in the game.
Really?

Do you hanker for the "good old days" where running a mission or two might not even make enough credits to pay for repairs on your ship? I certainly don't!

How many times do we need to tell them to stop the CGs and flooding the game with credits and carriers before they listen?

Probably forever. May as well go play something else.
There are always players who need to catch up. Not everyone grinds their rear bloody in the first week something releases. There is players who take their time.

We do :p (evidence is in our piracy videos :coffee: )

If so, how do you get to ask for cargo and they get to reply "im empty" - with a manifest scanner, all you need to say is: "dont worry, this scan will finish in a second" 😂
Or is this conversation happening in the supercruise before any interdiction?

And then you'll stop playing the game a week after the CG ends leaving your carrier taking up a parking spot in a high traffic system somewhere causing headaches for those of us who actually play the game... until the next CG comes along and you contribute to stupidly long jump times just to start the cycle over again.
You know me too well...
As a matter of fact, I do play regularly. The problem you describe is only up to FDev to solve, maybe by moving FCs from populated systems to adjacent unpopulated ones, maybe after 1 week of inactivity. Then the owners will have to search for them if they've not bookmarked them. But with all the bugs that creep up after (almost) every patch, who knows what will stop working if this is implemented.
Player etiquette is another thing entirely. Having said that, it's entirely plausible that life happens and you don't get to play as planned, thus creating major first world problem to other players.
Also, the latest update (or was it the one before?) has improved the system map by grouping FCs around planets.
What now remains is the location tab to exclude our own FCs from the Fleet Carriers filter, but that's something for another day.
On a different note, maybe your coffee intake is a bit on the high side?
o7

If so, how do you get to ask for cargo and they get to reply "im empty" - with a manifest scanner, all you need to say is: "dont worry, this scan will finish in a second" 😂
Or is this conversation happening in the supercruise before any interdiction?

We have some text-spamming to Local/Direct like "o? bla... bla... piracy... bla... STOP FOR SCAN" or "DON'T RUN" where "CARGO" is mentioned and this may result in different outcomes, as some haulers know the drill.

If we suspect they are "lying" we'd go checking with manifest saying "Ok, but I like to check" if they lied we ask double booty :LOL: but there's no general standard case... that's the fun of every engagement, it may be different from the previous hundreds (as most of haulers in open are low level players or newbies and may be it's first time they encounter a "human" pirate).

Top Bottom