FC: Transfer all to ship

I didn't test this in beta but unless you have less stock on the carrier than available cargo space, it does nothing. Any chance this could just fill your hold with the selected commodity rather than making us wait for the counter to fill? Please.

The problems with this half built feature were discussed on the beta and bugs were entered, but I guess it just not an important enough half built feature to fix.

Interesting...
Are you suggesting that we could actually increase the total storage capacity by transferring 30x Type-9 and filling their cargo?
It would add another +2,300 tonnes of storage actually.

More like 23,000+ tons. I only use my Cutter (794t) for hauling these days, but I think a T-9 is still 750+ t, and 30 T-9s would be a lot cheaper.

I've been thinking using this method to carry additional Tritium if I ever take my FC exploring, and I could see DSSA using it to deliver Tritium to their fleet.

Interesting...
Are you suggesting that we could actually increase the total storage capacity by transferring 30x Type-9 and filling their cargo?
I'm not sure how you got there from the OP? But anyway, what you suggest wont work, because you can only transfer cargo to and from your current ship, and when you store that ship, the cargo is moved to the new current ship (or your blocked from changing ship), exactly the same as in stations.

More like 23,000+ tons. I only use my Cutter (794t) for hauling these days, but I think a T-9 is still 750+ t, and 30 T-9s would be a lot cheaper.

I've been thinking using this method to carry additional Tritium if I ever take my FC exploring, and I could see DSSA using it to deliver Tritium to their fleet.
Yes, I missed one zero in my calculator... it was just too obvious... 🤦‍♂️

I'm not sure how you got there from the OP? But anyway, what you suggest wont work, because you can only transfer cargo to and from your current ship, and when you store that ship, the cargo is moved to the new current ship (or your blocked from changing ship), exactly the same as in stations.
yes you're right

yes you're right
Yep. Forgot about that. SenseiMatty, clearly our analytical skills are a good match.

When I first was thinking about this, during the beta, I was thinking about people buying multiple accounts and using them just to store Tritium in their carriers. With base game accounts for £5 a pop during Steam sales, it's not totally impractical; though as a VR player I'm not currently looking for ways to give Frontier additional money!

Transfer All To FC should also exclude Limpets ideally .... I have no use for Limpets in the FC, whereas I like them in my ship :)

It's an interesting idea. Could create some interesting usage scenarios!

Top Bottom