FDev, Have You Lost Control of Your Game?

After the so-called "nerf, 2-3 hours of mining:

screenshot-59.png

This is just silly.

FDev, have you lost control of your game? Are you going to pull a Diablo III on us and inflate the heck out of in-game prices next?

Edit: FDev could avoid going the inflation route by adding supply\demand curves that squash prices for any item that commanders dump on to the market en mass and lift prices for those things that commanders are not mining. This would keep the apologists happy by keeping mining as-is and result in other minerals\metals\etc becoming valuable to mine, not just LTD.

Last edited:
This all amuses me more than it probably should. Credits have been basically useless in the game for years, and now that there is something expensive in the game, everyone is losing their minds. :D

Besides that though, Frontier haven't really ever been great with a consistent economy across updates, so I guess it's to be expected.

You can't lose something you've never had. :p

Last edited:
The economy has been out of whack for along time.
LTDs are fairly abundant, yet are priced higher than VOs, which you can only get from core mining and are rare as hen's teeth.
The other minerals are nice line fillers, never seen anyone say "I've made a nice coin last night mining Alexandrite or Benitoite".
Price and demand are just not right, and should be addressed so players will do something else other than just mine LTDs.

After the so-called "nerf, 2-3 hours of mining:

screenshot-59.png

This is just silly.

FDev, have you lost control of your game? Are you going to pull a Diablo III on us and inflate the heck out of in-game prices next?
Typical post from a newbie :)

Do you not know why we get "Legitimate" - "FD Approved" - "Exploits" every so often ?
--->>> Store :)

It is a whole new game owning a Fleet Carrier. We need credits. Then if I get bored with the game and don't play for say a year That FC could cost me 200 million credits.Oh wait, I have billions I'm not using and mine a LTD site for an hour should take care of business

"These are not the droids you are looking for...move along...move along...".

Last edited:
It is a whole new game owning a Fleet Carrier. We need credits. Then if I get bored with the game and don't play for say a year That FC could cost me 200 million credits.Oh wait, I have billions I'm not using and mine a LTD site for an hour should take care of business.
This irrelevance of upkeep should apply to all professions in Elite, not just mining. Easiest done by removing the upkeep entirely.

@OP - not bashing in any way, but ever heard expression 'the horse is already out of the barn'?

Your screenshot shows ~3/4 billion credits. From number of LTDs mined, you have a big ship and clearly not new at this, so safely assume not the first billion you've earned via 'out of control' mining.

Far as credit inflation being rampant, I 100% agree. But horse is already out of the barn on that. If FDEV shut the taps down now, severely reduce mining and/or other future 'next goldrush' opportunities, the game would explode from the rightful complaints of newer players who have not yet earned the billions you have clearly already gotten while complaining how overpowered it is.

As badly distorted as you may believe it to be now, the bottom line is all commanders have equal opportunity to take or pass on these gold rushes. But if FDEV completely shuts the taps down instead of minor nerf here and there, you will create a permanent class of haves vs have nots.

Don't you see the irony of the let them eat cake implication where you've clearly benefited from the mining but seem to be calling for even bigger nerf so others can't obtain what you already did?

FD hasn't had a handle on the economy for a very long time now, at very least as long as I have been playing (early Horizons). Not to mention that every time they fix some broken part of the economy, they typically introduce a problem that's thrice as bad in the same patch.

It does amaze me though that we used to consider Sothis-Ceos's 30-50 million credits an hour in an Anaconda an exploit in dire need of the nerf hammer, yet now a newbie in a CobraIII would be practically wasting their time at that rate of earning nowadays.

And inflating prices a bad thing? Inflating prices is pretty much the only way to begin fixing the economy. The income potential has been broken for so long now that nerfing player income wouldn't achieve anything - so much of the player base could weather the next 5 years' expenses just on their savings alone. Even just a basic 10x increase to all ships and modules in the game would go a long way to fixing things, although it's arguable that even greater inflation is required to really bring cheaper ships and modules back into relevance.

Top Bottom