Fdev ! stop the 1 billion a day shared wing pirate massacres bonanza

If not longer before that. They just tinkered with things to make it less profitable. The OP seems to be making up things to suit a poor argument.
Yeah, iirc they said it wasn't intended but they weren't going to stop it. Was kinda the only way to make money competitively doing combat. At least at the time.

And people will eventually move on from this game or will fly Vultures and Sideys later, because they have fun with the game.
And I have recently dragged trusty old Sidewinder from where I abandoned it in the starter district when I left for the bright lights in a shiny new Cobra III. Souped it up, put in shields and a PVH in the 2 slots and in the one slots a auto dock, fuel scoop and extra fuel tank. It is now the ship I use for most of my Odyssey missions that do not involve hauling cargo.

Steve 07.

I haven't partaken in that, and I do NOT think FDEV should do something about it. Why should they? It is NOT an exploit, it is NOT a bug, it is game play as (drum roll please) intended. If somebody does not want to do that, nobody is forced at gunpoint to do it... and since PVP is entirely optional, and money alone does not help that much anyway, there is not even pressure to do it.

You could have harnessed come creative energy and made a thread discussing possible money sinks this game DESPERATELY needs but instead went the destructive route and made a bait post for...attention? Which you got so...congrats?

Anyway this game is in DESPERATE need of a money sink.

If I am earning money
Also 1 billion / day is less than 42 million per hour.
That's rookie numbers 😜
yup if I am in the mode of play to earn 42mill in an hour is considered a fail. Nothing needed but inara and a hauler for an easy 80-120mill an hour. No friends, no stacking, no reputation with factions, just haul.

i just completed a 50 million wing mission by myself.does that make me a bad boy.

Balthazar_Bratt_Transparent.png

The time to worry about this sort of thing and fight against it was years ago when people were complaining about how hard it was to make credits.

That ship has long sailed and FD might as well not spend any more effort on balancing credit payouts unless they are prepared for a major backlash from people for "nerfing everything"

There is one last bastion to gate progress, (well, 2) the two forms of engineering.

And if people get their way with FD looking for feedback on ship engineering, i guess it won't be long before that progress gate is also gone.

Pretty soon, they might as well make the game a basic sandbox. Let everyone have infinite resources or zero cost for everything.

People will get what they cried out for, those same people will then quit the game because they have nothing to do.

Did anyone say massacre missions? 2017 Upsilon Aquarii PTSD attack incoming... Stacking massacres and racing against the clock to score a hundred CZ kills in an unengineered Vulture... yeah those were the days... that's how I bought my first Conda...

Last edited:
Ill never do that, but it sounds fair enough given you have to rep to allied with a bunch of minor factions first. It sounds like quite a good experience.. at least you did more than one thing and had options on the way to doing it.

Also, doing this will put you in a elite's beaten you situation as well which is doubly more taxing.. other games use gambling boxes, the reputation grinds like elite used to have, etc. Elite gets you with time, and once you've started, you're going to get anything until its full, and the full part is well into you're working elite not playing elite, to me anyway.

Say.. after 5 hours of this adventure you decided that you would have better fun elsewhere. You don't get a partial complete, just some factions with rep. Its a completely waste in essence.. so you have to keep going.. and going and going..

Last edited:
In a galaxy of grind and bugs, I'm good with keeping something that can make some easy money.

I hope FDev concentrates on the myriad QoL fixes which have been outstanding for some time now.

I'm one of those who did the massacre thing with some squad mates and it's not as simple as OP made it out to be.
There's a considerable amount of prep work to be done before you can start farming (same as most activities in ED in general).
  • You have to identify a system which offers massacre missions that only targets 1 pirate faction in a neighboring system
  • Target system should have a hazres nearby
  • Must get to allied with all the factions to get the best rewards (can be done by taking rep rewards when turning in massacre missions)
  • Your ships should be decently engineered for long session bounty hunting
  • You have to sit in a station for about an hour to stack missions (longer if you really want to score the juiciest missions, but that will also take longer to complete)
    • Alternatively, you can jump around different systems to stack missions from more than 5 factions targeting the same pirate faction but I prefer to stick with 1 spot for easier turning in
    • Use a spreadsheet to manage your stack to keep the kills balanced
  • Have friends (might be the hardest part for some people 😂 )
  • Prepare to spend up to 2 hours pew-pewing
So yeah, not as straight forward, but it does get considerably easier once you get the ball rolling.

just leave it. the game has still many time-sinks as it is. enough to do, so CR grinding does not have to be a time sink.

and as said before OP: if you don't like that gameplay, dont use it.

Top Bottom