Fdev ! stop the 1 billion a day shared wing pirate massacres bonanza

Time to close this gameloop?
4 cmdrs in a team (don't have to be winged up till hand in), set off to their local haz res they farm.
Once they've visited the neighbouring systems asset and all stacked a dozen or more wing pirate massacres (same pirate faction is a must) each, they arrive together at the hazrez and proceed to farm it.
An hour or 2 later their all done as each kill counts towards each cmdrs wing missions as much as 1 kill = 28+ kills in stacked winged up missions. Remember it's important when stacking the missions you take one from each faction hence having to be allied with em all.
They then head back to the neighbouring asset and hand in as a winged up group.
And I Poo u not, assumption a dozen each x4 cmdrs =48 missions to share each averaging 20 mill each that's a billion or so credits per hand in per cmdr.
And if the missions run dry as the neighbouring systems state changes then yup, your groups already got another farm elsewhere...or even a third.
It's the new meta as senior cmdrs well know.
Just don't think the devs know cos they'd nerf it sharpish.
Sorry in advance everyone.
Any suggestions as to making it harder or whatever pls post.
where is the problem? Find 3 friends and go nutz or ignore this loop, ez

To get the high paying massacre missions all the players in the wing have to rank up to allied first, then they all have to get the missions and play together, and none of the factions can be in civil war state.
That’s quite a lot of pre-requisites, so I don’t think it’s exaggerated compared to other game loops.

To get the high paying massacre missions all the players in the wing have to rank up to allied first, then they all have to get the missions and play together, and none of the factions can be in civil war state.
That’s quite a lot of pre-requisites, so I don’t think it’s exaggerated compared to other game loops.
For what it's worth, allied with all factions is achievable in very short order, an hour at most[1] (incidentally, by running massacre missions), and as for states? Not hard to just jump to a different edge-case system and rinse-repeat. And given the right system, it's very simple to prevent a conflict state.

Worst-case scenario, you jump to another of the many systems where stacking is ideal.

Compared to other activities in the game, the investment is low at worst, trivial at best.

[1] Low-rep missions also need much lower kill counts, but thanks to how the payouts work, mix in some assassinations (which have the same spawn conditions) it's very easy to mash out some easy +++++rep missions rapidly.

True enough, perhaps as most of the debate revolves around playing a game, and different personalities perceive 'play' individually?
Whenever the logic of "wouldn't all players..." is brought up, it reeks of "I would" rather than the intention, surely?
You are right, there are definately examples of that. Jmanis post however is far from that, as his reasoning is according the established game world and aligned with ideas from FDev as we can see in past discussions, implementations and so on.

You may consider any disagreement with what you consider is 'right' a straw man, that is common enough here too, had you noticed? What it comes down to, when all is said and done, is the amount of effort Frontier are prepared to make to change the existing system, which, in al truth, is likely to be very little or none. It is just wait until EDO's woes are not occupying the majority of the Dev team assigned to ED and time might be given to the 'balance pass' promised last year.

Be honest, do you think much will be done to change things? Would it ever be enough?
On thing can be considered sure, if no one would point at issues and everyone would just buy the next product, FDev (or any other dev company) would be more likely to not make all the changes necessary to improve a game. Hence some devs value feedback.

On thing can be considered sure, if no one would point at issues and everyone would just buy the next product, FDev (or any other dev company) would be more likely to not make all the changes necessary to improve a game
I have a vague feeling that Frontier are aware that everyone already isn't buying their 'next' product, given the success of EDO and JWE2 to date. They already receive plenty of feedback from the forum, but have an amazing ability to more often than not completely miss the point being made, if they take any notice at all.

We were told that balance passes were to be made, also that a statement would be made about the issues with the new planetary technology, some time ago. Perhaps they might occur at some point in the future, along with sensible interpretations of good feedback. (good being relative to ones stance to playing the game, naturally.)

Credits don't matter in this game and there is really only one thing to buy that costs, I guess, a lot. Also FDev is never going to add a good system of credit sinks so who cares how many credits someone earns. Its meaningless.

If you don't know the author very well, this is a rather impertinent insinuation, even without naming him directly. Impudent and deceitful. If I had written the OP, for example, then your statement would be simply false, because I have never knowingly used an exploit, but I am rich. In my eyes, someone is rich who still has almost 4 billion in cash plus his fleet carrier and all other assets. I have no idea what some players think they can do with hundreds of billions. I couldn't care less how and how much others earn, I just don't feel competitive enough for that, and I doubt that the game even allows for such a competitive mindset (dreams are free, of course, as always).
All right then. How about this:

""Frontier, I have made billions now myself - now it is time you make the game even more tedious and unfun for players that come after me."

The point is the same essentially. Now that you've reach the endgame it is time to make the game a slog for everyone else. We can't have upstart CMDRs reach my levels of progression. It's quite a toxic attitude, imo. Doesn't really matter how the average entitled end gamer reached their status.

I'm one of those who did the massacre thing with some squad mates and it's not as simple as OP made it out to be.
There's a considerable amount of prep work to be done before you can start farming (same as most activities in ED in general).
  • You have to identify a system which offers massacre missions that only targets 1 pirate faction in a neighboring system
  • Target system should have a hazres nearby
  • Must get to allied with all the factions to get the best rewards (can be done by taking rep rewards when turning in massacre missions)
  • Your ships should be decently engineered for long session bounty hunting
  • You have to sit in a station for about an hour to stack missions (longer if you really want to score the juiciest missions, but that will also take longer to complete)
    • Alternatively, you can jump around different systems to stack missions from more than 5 factions targeting the same pirate faction but I prefer to stick with 1 spot for easier turning in
    • Use a spreadsheet to manage your stack to keep the kills balanced
  • Have friends (might be the hardest part for some people 😂 )
  • Prepare to spend up to 2 hours pew-pewing
So yeah, not as straight forward, but it does get considerably easier once you get the ball rolling.
Agreed 100%

And for me, it's simply a fun change of pace from blasting rocks, hauling passengers, cargo, etc.

Now post the same in a thread about combat logging and watch the salt fly :D
salt-bae-sprinkling-salt.gif

If there was a LFG (Looking for group) function in EDO I'd absolutely take advantage of these missions. As it stands, all of my EDH friends bailed on the game when EDO dropped.

Guess I need new friends???

This is perhaps not the best example. As far as I know, FD's position on combat logging [*] is clear. And also their inability to stop it in any meaningful way that will not do more harm than good.

[*] my translator makes it to Kampfholzeinschlag 🤪

They don't want to stop menu logging. But yeah, they can't stop the other sort of logging.

tl:dr
nobody gives a flying fart about the consistency and integrity of the game.

If you knew me better, you'd know that I'd be willing to wipe out my 7 year old Commander at any time - if only the game was rebooted with a meaningful economy. It is mainly this competitive, typical mainstream MMO mentality that is indeed toxic and is at least partly responsible for the state our game is in now. The only thing I can really blame FDev for this situation is that they let themselves be driven by player desires. By players who are often barely able to think outside the box let alone have anything like a long term vision (although everyone seems to think they do).

Or let me put it another way. Today, when a new player starts, he sits in his Cobra about 4 times faster than in my time. Have you ever heard me complain about this "injustice"? By now the game has had so many exploits that it doesn't matter anyway. Give every new player 5 billion, a fleet carrier and 30 ships of their choice for all I care. That will certainly do the game good. /s

... and if I want to play a competitive game, ED is the last thing I would choose. There are a lot of other games that fill this area very well.
We all know that it's not the credits but the engineer mats that make up the new progression. The ships I unlocked with credits were rendered quite impotent over night.

I know I shouldn't be suggesting this since I've benefitted immensely from massacre stacking. (I can literally buy & outfit any ship I want now and I'm still playing actively)

But if they followed EDO's style where you can no longer share on-foot missions after you completed them before turning in, then the whole thing will crumble.

Edit: You can still earn a lot from it, but it's 75% less effective than what it is currently.

I think the only reason they haven't done this is because everyone would just go back to Horizons for massacre stacking, and spending time to add new code to Horizons would be the last thing FDev want to do right now, I'm guessing.

Top Bottom