FDL Build?

Huge advanced PA if it was me, then the corrosive MCs and/or rails

The Adv PA only comes in the 1 size of 3B, I do believe, which is a large size, right?, which fits but seems like a waste of a huge weapon space, but... might all even out. I have a bunch of them and I do have an ENG Huge PA. Trying to find it's whereabouts now.

I think I am going to go with the one ENG Huge PA I have now, plus 2 Hammers and then two PAs. I wish I could fit the Adv PAs in the two side spots, as the adv PAs are so much faster in reload time, and I think even faster in speed. Whatever it is, I am MUCH better with them than the standard shop ones, for sure!

Man! This game needs better module management. Only space for 120 module in storage and then, you need to search through all your ships, by going to stored ships and looking at what's where. It's actually faster to go to my INARA site and use INARA to search for stuff!

Last edited:
The type 10 is the best storage ship. Get a bunch of those and name them according to what they house e.g. light weight hammers.

I dearly love imperial hammers, trying to get all 3 bursts to connect is fun. However more than two on a fdl is not a good idea because of the heat. The exception is Light Weight hammers/plasma slug. They are less hot and you can put four on a fdl but the damage is super meh. You are far better off using a srb rail gun/mc build like Hazzmango's.

I tried a srb hammer build engineering to just grade 4 with four hammers and huge MC. Even grade 4 is way too hot.

This is where I am at now with this build and I can see that I am going to need to, probably, go G5 OC on the PP, as I've not even started with boosters and I think those are going to add some more power, and already at full power when stuff deployed. I've never had a ship that I had to disable modules but I can't see how even turning off stuff will keep the power flowing here. I'll have to see when all is said and done, but not looking to good on power as it stands, and I hate Monster a PP, if I can help it.

Jack Hammer - Incomplete Build

Hmm, so yeah.. I just took the build suggested, added my weapons and this would be (Coriolis is always a bit off on power it seems) the build's Power requirements. Not sure how to handle Power. Is it possible to turn on and off other stuff automatically. So I can have both a flight and flight power modes, or does it need to be done manually?

Power

Your power plant is only to grade 4... ... take it to 5 and you should be fine.

FSD should probably be fast boot sequence or shielded..... yeah the jump range sucks.... I usually use double-braced, but mass manager could be okay, too...

Do you know about power priorities? Most of us turn off the cargo hatch if there are issues. If you are doing organized PvP, where it is expected to fight to the death, you can also turn off the fsd.

Your power plant is only to grade 4... ... take it to 5 and you should be fine.

FSD should probably be fast boot sequence or shielded..... yeah the jump range sucks.... I usually use double-braced, but mass manager could be okay, too...

Do you know about power priorities? Most of us turn off the cargo hatch if there are issues. If you are doing organized PvP, where it is expected to fight to the death, you can also turn off the fsd.
Yeah, I think I'll need to go G5 on the PP, with Double Braced. That's my normal MO anyway ;) Also, yeah, I can turn off whatever is not needed, like cargo hatch and whatnot. Wasn't sure it there was a way to automate power based on criteria conditions, but don't think there is, just gotta manually do it. I do set the power priorities, normally, yes. But as I understand that, this just keeps power flowing to the higher priority stuff when things start malfunctioning, correct? Thnx! Sorry to sound like a newb, been playing since 2015, but only since last April (Covid!) more seriously, and now want to take it up a notch and move away from NPCs and into more PvP stuff. Let's put it this way... never used a SCB, ever, for anything. I look at them like some sort of advanced module I'm afraid I am going to totally screw up trying to use.

Last edited:
I forgot to add that one of your hammers needs to be feedback cascade.
:)

Done and set. Thanks! I'll need to watch some YT videos on when to use Feedback, and how to avoid others using it on me! :oops: On the Power Plant. G5 works great, gives me what I need for full power. Question I would have, Thermal Spread or Double Braced on the EXP? I usually go Double Braced, but maybe TS is much better for keeping the heat down?

Last edited:

Deleted member 192138

D
The Adv PA only comes in the 1 size of 3B, I do believe, which is a large size, right?, which fits but seems like a waste of a huge weapon space, but... might all even out. I have a bunch of them and I do have an ENG Huge PA. Trying to find it's whereabouts now.

I think I am going to go with the one ENG Huge PA I have now, plus 2 Hammers and then two PAs. I wish I could fit the Adv PAs in the two side spots, as the adv PAs are so much faster in reload time, and I think even faster in speed. Whatever it is, I am MUCH better with them than the standard shop ones, for sure!

Man! This game needs better module management. Only space for 120 module in storage and then, you need to search through all your ships, by going to stored ships and looking at what's where. It's actually faster to go to my INARA site and use INARA to search for stuff!
For four rails, multicannon is preferred for the versatility. APA is always bad, even more so on the FDL where it's a waste of a huge slot. If you can hit an APA you can hit a normal plasma and get more damage for your volley.
No Guardian Shield Booster? Aren't they worth it?
Less healthpool than a hull reinforcement but permanent power draw. The builds where they're useful are few and far between and most of the time people have them, they'd be better without.

Kayvan said:

Less healthpool than a hull reinforcement but permanent power draw.

I think I get it. A class 4 G5 HD HRP is worth ~600 points of armour, whereas a class 4 GSB is only worth some 200 points of shield. When your shield takes half an hour to recharge, you can treat it like it doesn't recharge at all. Esp in a PVP situation where you duel 1 guy and then return to base.

Compared to that, a Bi-Weave with GSB recharges in like 100 seconds so in PvE you can use those 200 shield points over and over.

Deleted member 192138

D
Kayvan said:

Less healthpool than a hull reinforcement but permanent power draw.

I think I get it. A class 4 G5 HD HRP is worth ~600 points of armour, whereas a class 4 GSB is only worth some 200 points of shield. When your shield takes half an hour to recharge, you can treat it like it doesn't recharge at all. Esp in a PVP situation where you duel 1 guy and then return to base.

Compared to that, a Bi-Weave with GSB recharges in like 100 seconds so in PvE you can use those 200 shield points over and over.
In most PvP fights you won't have time out of damage enough to get much back from a bi-weave unless you're in something like a Phantom and literally run away to get shields back. So you're looking for what can maximise your upfront healthpool potential. SCBs are better than hull, if you get them off without being cascaded and especially if you're good with using pips to get the most out of them. GSRP are a permanent power draw, making your build run hotter and offsetting your power priorities, and have the lowest healthpool of your optional slot choices. On a pure stat basis with a prismo that works out as a loss, because you'll not regen those MJ any time soon.

If you put them on a bi-weave in PvP, you better be really confident you're not going to lose shields fast. You sacrifice hull for the potential healthpool that a GSRP adds into your shield capacity. If your shields do drop, you have less hull to last while they're regenerating and your shield rebuild takes longer because your capacity has been artificially increase with a module you can't turn off. Oh and by the way - while your shields are down they're pulling harder on your distro so your pips are starved waiting for them to come back. Not to mention vulnerability to phasing, which people will capitalise on if they know you run GSRP often.

The builds where GSRP can be useful are ships with a moderate shield multiplier and a lot of SCBs, where the GSRP is useful for making sure you have enough up front MJ in your shields to not lose them before you've got all your banks off so that you can reach your full healthpool potential. You may also see it on a few ganker builds where people aren't hanging around to the end anyway, so it's putting some extra strength into shields so there's more space to wake out before modules are threatened.

So no, GSRP aren't worth it because they have less healthpool than a hull reinforcement but permanent power draw.

Whew! These FDLs man! That was close! Fumes!

whew.jpg

And again, made it on fumes and a prayer!

whew.jpg

Last edited:
In most PvP fights you won't have time out of damage enough to get much back from a bi-weave unless you're in something like a Phantom and literally run away to get shields back. So you're looking for what can maximise your upfront healthpool potential. SCBs are better than hull, if you get them off without being cascaded and especially if you're good with using pips to get the most out of them. GSRP are a permanent power draw, making your build run hotter and offsetting your power priorities, and have the lowest healthpool of your optional slot choices. On a pure stat basis with a prismo that works out as a loss, because you'll not regen those MJ any time soon.

If you put them on a bi-weave in PvP, you better be really confident you're not going to lose shields fast. You sacrifice hull for the potential healthpool that a GSRP adds into your shield capacity. If your shields do drop, you have less hull to last while they're regenerating and your shield rebuild takes longer because your capacity has been artificially increase with a module you can't turn off. Oh and by the way - while your shields are down they're pulling harder on your distro so your pips are starved waiting for them to come back. Not to mention vulnerability to phasing, which people will capitalise on if they know you run GSRP often.

The builds where GSRP can be useful are ships with a moderate shield multiplier and a lot of SCBs, where the GSRP is useful for making sure you have enough up front MJ in your shields to not lose them before you've got all your banks off so that you can reach your full healthpool potential. You may also see it on a few ganker builds where people aren't hanging around to the end anyway, so it's putting some extra strength into shields so there's more space to wake out before modules are threatened.

So no, GSRP aren't worth it because they have less healthpool than a hull reinforcement but permanent power draw.

Hi

On this FDL "Meta" build... I am wondering if Chaff would be worth adding. I am not planning on doing competition PvP, this is more for just running around and random encounters. I am thinking that for random encounters, chaff might make sense, whereas going to a PvP competition might not make as much sense as everyone will probably have Rails and PAs. Any thoughts? In my Utility slots now, I have Boosters and Heatsink, following the build. Thank you! :)

On this FDL "Meta" build... I am wondering if Chaff would be worth adding. I am not planning on doing competition PvP, this is more for just running around and random encounters. I am thinking that for random encounters, chaff might make sense, whereas going to a PvP competition might not make as much sense as everyone will probably have Rails and PAs. Any thoughts? In my Utility slots now, I have Boosters and Heatsink, following the build. Thank you! :)

The issue is that chaff is only useful against gimbals and turrets, while more shielding is useful against everything.

It's up to you to decide whether you think you're encountering enough gimbaled weapons for 110 to 160 seconds of significant protection against such weapons to be worth the loss of the ~600 shield you get from a single HD booster.

Top Bottom