Feature Focus #1 - Terrain Painting and Scenery Improvements

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Staff member
Sandbox mode without sand? no please… We need all of terrain tools in sandbox mode. This is the essence of the sandbox mode.
Hiya, the reason this is not possible is because there is limited space available for materials per island. As all those slots are taken, adding new materials to Nublar would have to be at the expense of something else; that in turn would mess up people's saves and park files. That's why we've decided that is not possible, and have tried to compromise with what works per island :). Hope this clarifies!

Muerta: Sand
Pena: Shale
All (including Nublar): Grass, Mud, Rock
Thanks for further clarify this. I do understand and also like each island retaining it's character.

Can we know if they will ever be made part of Sandbox mode, however?

Edit: I meant the Five Deaths' maps, not the tools. It would be greay to be able to do sandbox on each of them, at least while the rest of Nubla remains locked.

Last edited:
Hiya, the reason this is not possible is because there is limited space available for materials per island. As all those slots are taken, adding new materials to Nublar would have to be at the expense of something else; that in turn would mess up people's saves and park files. That's why we've decided that is not possible, and have tried to compromise with what works per island :). Hope this clarifies!
according to this it will not be possible to add other brushes in the future

I don't mind the limitations in all honesty. I think it's a reasonable compromise and I appreciate the explanation for the reason why.

Maybe we can eventually get a "Nublar South" sandbox with all brushes available? Maybe also sandbox for all other islands?

At the end of the day, I suspect the update will give me many hours of creative venture and screenshotting, and for that I am grateful.

Top Bottom