Feature Focus #2 - Gyrosphere and Challenge Mode Additions

Cool !! This feature was missing so bad ! I can finally make a insane gyrosphere tour for my visitors, the gate looks nice,
Frontier have very good designers, congratulations (y)
You know, I always hoped there will be a new attraction, maybe two. To have just three as always felt boring, but with this new feature, it feel like it's going to be a lot better. :)

Yes! Gyrospheres are one of my favorite things in the game and to see an update to them will make it extremely easy to link all the pens together in parts of the park where its hard to do that, I hope there will be an update when you dont have to link the gyrosphere track to the original gyrostation, I just wanna have another station to connect the track to so I can extend everything how I like lol. But I hope there will be an update to sandbox making it that everything is unlocked instead of having to unlock them in campaign then be able to use them in sandbox.

Anyways great job devs! Giving us things we didnt even know we wanted and many more!

Last edited:
Is there any chance you'll either include more skins for the dinosaurs or perhaps include a way to obtain the challenge mode skins without beating challenge mode? I desperately want the wetland tyrannosaur skin but I cannot beat the Jurassic difficulty.

Will it be possible to connect multiple Gyrosphere stations kind of like the Monorail stations? AS in the next update will allow them to move through gates.

Is there any chance you'll either include more skins for the dinosaurs or perhaps include a way to obtain the challenge mode skins without beating challenge mode? I desperately want the wetland tyrannosaur skin but I cannot beat the Jurassic difficulty.

I know this is off topic, but don't be threatened by challenge mode, Jurassic Difficulty. There is no time limit, and with proper dinosaur and money management it isn't that bad. I personally completed mine in under four hours (going for the fast for a biped achievement). Honestly Isla Pena is one of the easiest if you follow a few tips.

1. Contracts, contracts, contracts.

In this game, contracts generally suck! I tend to restart my challenge mode until I get a series of easy to complete contracts like, obtain a fossil, Incubate a dinosaur, build an expedition center, etc. Next, don't be afraid of canceling bad contracts, or if you really want to complete it without much difficulty, saving before ever accepting a contract, and loading if the contract is bad. This ensures you get cash from contracts.

Another tip to try out is the contract to build emergency shelters. After building one, I always sell it resulting in increased profit, and I always get that contract back in the pool.

2. Dinosaurs

Never ever ever incubate or go for any dinosaur that likes to break out. Dinosaurs like Velociraptor, Baryonyx or any large carnivore are not worth it (unless you have Dr wu DLC). Instead, focus on dino's that are easy to keep and maintain. Keep your ceratosaurs, your iguanodon, and other easy dinosaurs. Last, I go saurapod heavy. They are easy to keep, have huge social and population limits, and provide a lot of points.

3. Building.

There are a lot of unneeded buildings in the game. Try and avoid building anything more than you absolutely need. In my case, for Pena, I build a single viewing platform (one brings in the cash, others are unneeded) with a corresponding clothes shop, restaurant, hotel, and arcade. This keeps my guests happy without draining my power. Space management can be key to dino diversity.

Here are some links to helpful tips that should help you through and will include more info than I have provided:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd5fJnZ379c

How will the Challenge mode randomizer work? Will researchable dinosaurs be randomized as to what star level you can get them at? Will all dinosaurs with a certain star level by required together? Will the Acro, the Giga, and the Carcharo always be linked together?

How would that be fair to those of us that have put in the time and effort to beat the Challenges and get the skins?

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the Feature Focus! The JWE Summer Update is shaping up to be an awesome addition to the game! :D

Top Bottom