Feature Focus: Guest Building and Dinosaur Customisation

A video game trailer is really meant to give a potential customer like us a good idea of what the game is like, not an exact replica of what to expect to see or hear every little detail by every little detail. In fact, every AAA game trailer that I've seen does that exact thing, regardless if they're CGI cinematic, or in-engine scripted, or even actual gameplay, including Frontier's non-JWE series game trailers. And, it's not too different of what movie trailers do as well.
Well, then the JWE1 wasn't even a good idea. Too much misleading info.

Last edited:
A video game trailer is really meant to give a potential customer like us a good idea of what the game is like, not an exact replica of what to expect to see or hear every little detail by every little detail. In fact, every AAA game trailer that I've seen does that exact thing, regardless if they're CGI cinematic, or in-engine scripted, or even actual gameplay, including Frontier's non-JWE series game trailers. And, it's not too different of what movie trailers do as well.
Sorry but, if they only say "JW Park Making Game" without any trailer, we would have your "good idea" already. You don't need a deceiving CGI trailer to show me what Jurassic park or dinosaur concept is.

Movie trailers show you parts of the movie (mostly). You would like to deceived or less info at movie trailers because you SHOULD NOT know the movie before you watch. Can you understand the difference? This could be right for an adventure or action game as I would like to see the content myself BUT for a strategy game without any story, I would like to know every detail "RIGHT". but still, not so big deal, I told the real management problems but I just don't want to read that part.

The problem is not the trailer. As you are right at some point, still I think players should not support deceived trailers.

The problem is JWE failed as a park sim, badly. This is a fact. I mean if you say that JWE is a good even average parking sim, probably you did not play any other park sims or you are just happy with bare minimum.

We, dinosaur and JP fans, expected a dino park sim experience with nice visuals and dino action. We only get visuals as we did not get any kind of management or dino AI which acts like dinos.

I can see there are hard core fans of JWE ,like everything has even EA games who sells same game for 3 years, there is no problem, but just don't get blind because you saw some nice dino models walking on your screen.

JWE 2 can fix many things but there is chance to not fix most of them at all. We will have another lame Jurassic World movie with cool CGI dinos but very lame story and characters again and this game would use that like they did with first game. Now they got more info, time and chance to make a proper "game". BUT I need to see it to believe. This is what I think.

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, the story in JWE wasn't that lame. In fact, compared to the usual 0% of park builders, it was great.
I talked about the movie, not the game.

At Jurassic Park movies, everything you see got a logic and could happen if a park failed (JP 1-2). At JW

At Jurassic Park movies, everything you see got a logic and could happen if a park failed (JP 1-2). At JW
The story of JW was OK if a bit cheesy. Fallen Kingdom works great in the first half, but becomes 300% dumber. The whole idea behind the indoraptor is idiotic.

Yeah, your totally kidding yourself if you think the first three movies were perfectly logical and well written... all the Jurassic movies suffer from various degrees of nonsensical writing and "stupid people being stupid" to justify what's going on (for example, the T.Rex escape scene in JP is just silly)...

The story of JW was OK if a bit cheesy. Fallen Kingdom works great in the first half, but becomes 300% dumber. The whole idea behind the indoraptor is idiotic.
What was wrong with the Indoraptor? Wu was trying to improve on the Indominus design; create something dangerous, yet practical that humans could train and command like any other animal humans train and command... but once again it was too hostile and ultimately deemed a failure... at least this time the escape makes a bit of sense...

Yeah, your totally kidding yourself if you think the first three movies were perfectly logical and well written... all the Jurassic movies suffer from various degrees of nonsensical writing and "stupid people being stupid" to justify what's going on (for example, the T.Rex escape scene in JP is just silly)...

What was wrong with the Indoraptor? Wu was trying to improve on the Indominus design; create something dangerous, yet practical that humans could train and command like any other animal humans train and command... but once again it was too hostile and ultimately deemed a failure... at least this time the escape makes a bit of sense...
If you got a dinosaur aiming gun pointed at your enemy, you may as well shoot with a regular gun

If you got a dinosaur aiming gun pointed at your enemy, you may as well shoot with a regular gun
Pretty sure that was just a part of the experimental phase; seeing what they could do with it... remember, the Indoraptor was ultimately another failed prototype... also, I don't think using the gun to point was the important part, it was the "we trained it to kill a target hit with a laser pointer on command" that was important...

Last edited:
Pretty sure that was just a part of the experimental phase; seeing what they could do with it... remember, the Indoraptor was ultimately another failed prototype... also, I don't think using the gun to point was the important part, it was the "we trained it to kill a target hit with a laser pointer on command" that was important...
ok, maybe so, but still, with all those dinosaurs, those people forgot the best way to use them is to make a park!

Top Bottom