News Feature Focus - Guided Tour Improvements

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Welcome back Park Managers,

We are very excited to bring you a new Jurassic World Evolution 2 Feature Focus! Previously, we talked about Challenge Mode and Sandbox Mode and what you can expect when you jump into either of these modes. Today we're switching tracks to take a look at the Guided Tours you can add to your parks. We have made several improvements to how you build and manage your Tours and we wanted to take some time to highlight them.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the Feature Focus, and remain seated at all times. We wish you a pleasant tour!

We've brought back Tours from Jurassic World Evolution for the sequel. Your guests can take a ride inside dinosaur enclosures using Gyrospheres or hop on a guided Jurassic Tour as a group. Placing them inside your parks works similarly to what you're already used to from the first game: Tour Stations can be placed on their own or through fences, and you can then draw and place tracks for the vehicles to follow.

Tours can go through multiple enclosures using gates, but now you can chain different Stations together in a single loop. Make sure your dinosaur visibility is top notch across the board, so each part of your tour is as exciting as the last!

Feature_Focus_Screenshot.png

Tour tracks can now be built over paths (or vice versa), and a path junction will be created when the two cross. You can also place fences over existing tour tracks, automatically creating a new gate for the Tour to pass through. This makes it a lot easier for you to make any necessary changes to your enclosures on the fly, without needing to redo the Tour track you've already built.

Photo points can be built along Tour routes, which will take pictures of your guests. If you pay attention to your Guided Tours you'll sometimes see a small flash go off when they pass the photo points, indicating that your guests are getting their photos taken. You won't be able to view these photos in the game, however, but it serves as an extra detail you can add to your Tours.

Your Tour routes can also run through Aviaries, giving your guests an up close and personal look at the flying reptiles housed inside them. You lay down track like you would in other dinosaur enclosures and your Tour can run through an entire Aviary if you'd like. Tour gates are snapped to Aviary walls to create entry and exit points. The system is highly flexible, and you can even make several entries and exits, letting multiple Tours go through the same Aviary or Enclosure at different points!

With these new additions to Guided Tours, you can even have a single Tour moving its way through a single Park, with multiple stations for your guests to get on or off the tour. You can also split them up further and have separate tours for separate parts of your parks. Maybe create a Gyrosphere tour through a huge Sauropod enclosure, or send a Jurassic Tour through several carnivore enclosures to give your guests the thrill of a lifetime!

You will need to be careful though, as your Jurassic Tour vehicles can be damaged by roaming or attacking dinosaurs! If they're completely damaged, that section of the tour will shut down, and a Ranger team will be required to reboot the tour.

Finally, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention the tour guide, who can be heard in the Guided Tours you can add to your parks. Jurassic World spares no expense, of course, so the tour guide will be a learned figure that provides commentary of what's happening in the tour, from facts about the park's environment, to announcing when the tour is entering the territory of specific species. If you've been following our Park Management Guides, the tour guide will sound very familiar to you.

We hope you've enjoyed this rundown of the various improvements and changes to Guided Tours in Jurassic World Evolution 2! Will you be adding Guided Tours to your parks? Let us know in the comments if you've got plans cooking up already. Until our next Feature Focus, you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and join the discussions about the game on our forums!

Will the guests inside the destroyed Jurassic Tour vehicle be dead, ie does it count as a fatality in the park ?

Well isn't all this lovely. Well done especially on the multiple stations, even if I'm not sure how that works.

Where are my JP safari tour confirmations tho?

Is there an increase in visibility in the Jurassic Tour? I know last game, from the guests POV it was hard to look ahead because bars and people are in the way, and it was difficult to look behind because we were unable to turn all the way around.

This is awesome! The tour attractions were one of my favorite parts of JWE, I am so happy to see it has improved so much in the sequel. 🤩

If I could ask: Could the tour paths be placed over shallow bodies of water? With the Jurassic Tour utilizing the pinzgauer all-terrain vehicle, I could see it being a cool attraction for wetland exhibits.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Will there be a tour stop option between stations? For example, parts of the track where the vehicle will stop for a minute for guests admire the animals/ take photos like a safari?
The tour will be one contiguous run and as far as I'm aware, there won't be stops between stations.

I'm definitely going to be build a gyrosphere tour through the aviary, my visitors will enjoy a safe and spectacular way of seeing the pterosaurs!

Regarding the photo spots, will selling souvenir photos be an additional way of making money from the Gyrosphere and Jurassic Tour?

Last edited:
Will there be a tour stop option between stations? For example, parts of the track where the vehicle will stop for a minute for guests admire the animals/ take photos like a safari?
The tour will be one contiguous run and as far as I'm aware, there won't be stops between
Thanks for your response. I hope you guys consider it in the future. It would be great for capture mode!

Tour tracks can now be built over paths (or vice versa), and a path junction will be created when the two cross.
Jens,

What about Tour tracks over existing Tour tracks?

I like the ability to have multipul entrance/exit points on a single tour.

Will the tour vehicles have new skins and will the skins from JWE be available as a reward, how about the JP Land Cruiser? Will it be restricted to a specific era?

I noticed that only the Gyrosphere and Jurassic Tour was mentioned. Does this mean that those are the only 2 tours available in game? Please answer what you can when you can. Thanks.

Welcome back Park Managers,

We are very excited to bring you a new Jurassic World Evolution 2 Feature Focus! Previously, we talked about Challenge Mode and Sandbox Mode and what you can expect when you jump into either of these modes. Today we're switching tracks to take a look at the Guided Tours you can add to your parks. We have made several improvements to how you build and manage your Tours and we wanted to take some time to highlight them.

Please keep your arms and legs inside the Feature Focus, and remain seated at all times. We wish you a pleasant tour!

We've brought back Tours from Jurassic World Evolution for the sequel. Your guests can take a ride inside dinosaur enclosures using Gyrospheres or hop on a guided Jurassic Tour as a group. Placing them inside your parks works similarly to what you're already used to from the first game: Tour Stations can be placed on their own or through fences, and you can then draw and place tracks for the vehicles to follow.

Tours can go through multiple enclosures using gates, but now you can chain different Stations together in a single loop. Make sure your dinosaur visibility is top notch across the board, so each part of your tour is as exciting as the last!

Tour tracks can now be built over paths (or vice versa), and a path junction will be created when the two cross. You can also place fences over existing tour tracks, automatically creating a new gate for the Tour to pass through. This makes it a lot easier for you to make any necessary changes to your enclosures on the fly, without needing to redo the Tour track you've already built.

Photo points can be built along Tour routes, which will take pictures of your guests. If you pay attention to your Guided Tours you'll sometimes see a small flash go off when they pass the photo points, indicating that your guests are getting their photos taken. You won't be able to view these photos in the game, however, but it serves as an extra detail you can add to your Tours.

Your Tour routes can also run through Aviaries, giving your guests an up close and personal look at the flying reptiles housed inside them. You lay down track like you would in other dinosaur enclosures and your Tour can run through an entire Aviary if you'd like. Tour gates are snapped to Aviary walls to create entry and exit points. The system is highly flexible, and you can even make several entries and exits, letting multiple Tours go through the same Aviary or Enclosure at different points!

With these new additions to Guided Tours, you can even have a single Tour moving its way through a single Park, with multiple stations for your guests to get on or off the tour. You can also split them up further and have separate tours for separate parts of your parks. Maybe create a Gyrosphere tour through a huge Sauropod enclosure, or send a Jurassic Tour through several carnivore enclosures to give your guests the thrill of a lifetime!

You will need to be careful though, as your Jurassic Tour vehicles can be damaged by roaming or attacking dinosaurs! If they're completely damaged, that section of the tour will shut down, and a Ranger team will be required to reboot the tour.

Finally, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention the tour guide, who can be heard in the Guided Tours you can add to your parks. Jurassic World spares no expense, of course, so the tour guide will be a learned figure that provides commentary of what's happening in the tour, from facts about the park's environment, to announcing when the tour is entering the territory of specific species. If you've been following our Park Management Guides, the tour guide will sound very familiar to you.

We hope you've enjoyed this rundown of the various improvements and changes to Guided Tours in Jurassic World Evolution 2! Will you be adding Guided Tours to your parks? Let us know in the comments if you've got plans cooking up already. Until our next Feature Focus, you can follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and join the discussions about the game on our forums!
hello i have a question. since in the last game the visitors could not see through non-concrete fences, will the visitors in the new game be able to see at least a little bit trough them?

Will we be able to change the direction that tours or monorails go instead of being restricted to always going right for tours, and whatever the monorail feels like that day?

Easily my favorite Feature Focus so far. Ever Since Claire's Sanctuary added the truck tour (and rocks which led to my favorite park I built, the Safari Park), full park tours have been something I always wanted to make.

I was hoping they'd be improved for more versatility in JWE2, and I am NOT disappointed. Crossing over paths is a DREAM COME TRUE (wondering if they can cross over other tour tracks as well?) as well as linking stations. Now I can design the tours to allow for stops where guests can get out and view species for longer periods of time, as well as the Aquatics, which will have tours drive by with exclusive viewings until it reaches a station to get out. But driving through the AVIARIES will be incredible, having guests look out to see Pteranodons and Dimorphodons flying overhead, or landing nearby to feed.

Now all I need to know are the species I'm going to populate these parks with and scenery to decorate the paddocks with... and keep certain species away from the vehicle without obstructing view.

Will the guests inside the destroyed Jurassic Tour vehicle be dead, ie does it count as a fatality in the park ?

I was wondering the same. Or do we have to rescue them when the car was attacked? That'd really be an amazing detail and add some urgency to it should the worst case happen...a simple ranger reboot on the other hand sounds pretty boring and negligible, no one in danger just some attraction shut down for maintenance that can wait a little longer anyway.

Top Bottom