Feature Focus: Restrooms

I really hope you can mix JW and JP style at least on the sandbox mode, people have been asking for more freedom and creativity when it's about building your dreamed park, split them into separate eras, I believe it's the opposite way to go.

ohh i hope that's the case for dino skins... but for buildings? the feature mentioned "when selecting the "Jurassic Park" era setting"...
So as of right now, it looks like you can't mix and Match JW and JP buildings. Hopfully it will be something that Sandbox will change.

I really hope you can mix JW and JP style at least on the sandbox mode, people have been asking for more freedom and creativity when it's about building your dreamed park, split them into separate eras, I believe it's the opposite way to go.
I agree, I been asking for the last year and a half for new buildings, giving us new skins is a great option, I love the idea of mixing and matching park designs.

So as of right now, it looks like you can't mix and Match JW and JP buildings. Hopfully it will be something that Sandbox will change.
I agree, I been asking for the last year and a half for new buildings, giving us new skins is a great option, I love the idea of mixing and matching park designs.
Right now, No it looks liek you have to choose JP or JW era for the maps, something I hope they change for Sandbox.
Tip, you can quote multiple comments in the same reply.

One question in regards to the building aesthetic choices.

Since the Aviary is its own building for sure, and that images of it show to have a proper JP trilogy design, will it also have a proper modernized look as well, like in Jurassic World?

The aviary in the JP trilogy is like a dome shaped cage. Whereas in the JW trilogy, it’s a glass biodome, kinda like the greenhouse from Claire’s Sanctuary.

(I realized this comment might be posted in the evening time for them...)

In regards to sandbox mode, will the "Jurassic Park Era" setting be something that you can only choose when starting a new sandbox mode? Or, will it be like the other options where you can change them at any time during gameplay? It sounds like it's going to be the former, but I am extremely hopeful that it's the latter. On one hand, I understand if there's technical issues that prevent both eras from existing at the same time on a single save. On the other hand, there's been things in the past that Frontier has stated that they couldn't do or wouldn't do, but eventually found a way to do it anyway.

So we have to place the restrooms like we the other buildings in the game. An actual system I don't care for. I have never really liked how that is handled.

This is the problem I have always seen with restrooms and why I thought they weren't needed. So you build an enclosure with dinosaurs. The you have to build a something for fun, drinks, food and so on near the viewing galleries otherwise your park rating won't go up. So now you have to place down a bathroom. A bathroom in the same vicinity of buildings that already have bathrooms in them.

Does no one see the issue? What kind of Restaurant or bowling alley wouldn't have a bathroom in it? Also the viewing galleries already had bathrooms in them. They had a sign on the entrance indicating this.

I know Frontier is just adding the bathrooms in cause people keep asking for them and they want to give people what they want. But I feel like no has really thought about this and how it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The bathrooms will most likely be free as well. This isn't like Rollercoaster Tycoon where you could put extra salt on your French fries which would make people drink more and need to use the bathroom more often. I have never been in an amusement park that charged to use the bathroom. Matter of fact I would find that to be a really scummy thing to do. Considering getting into those kind of places isn't cheap the bathroom should be free. That's the one good thing about this bathroom addition to game.

No one is going to get up and leave a restaurant or whatever else to use a bathroom outside of the place.

Otherwise I like the looks of the JP bathroom and I will use them in the game. When I do play the JW part of the game I will probably place the bathrooms down anyway cause it just adds a new building. But then again it also takes up space.

Not being able to mix up the building styles doesn't bother me that much cause as I said before I won't be playing the JW side of the game much after the JP DLC is released. But being able to mix up the different dinosaur designs will be nice. Cause I actually like the designs of the JW dinosaurs as well. I just like dinosaurs in general. lol

I really don't get the urge to mix the eras together 🤷‍♂️
Because there are a few structures in the JP style that wouldn’t look out of place within Jurassic World such as the fences and Hammond Creation Lab.

Also, we've been able to use the 1993 JP Jeep for our Rangers to use in Jurassic World, so why are we only now unable to pick and choose whichever building style for our parks?

I really don't get the urge to mix the eras together 🤷‍♂️
So here's the thing, I been complaining about the lack of guest buildings, all my parks look the same when it comes to buildings. Having the JP building skins is going to be awesome. I would allow me to have building verity. Also it allows me to do things like a JW City on one part of the island and a JP safari on the rest.

Also there are some buildings I am not crazy about like the Hotel so I might be a fan of the JP version.

Because there are a few structures in the JP style that wouldn’t look out of place within Jurassic World such as the fences and Hammond Creation Lab.

Also, we've been able to use the 1993 JP Jeep for our Rangers to use in Jurassic World, so why are we only now unable to pick and choose whichever building style for our parks?

They would stick out like a sore thumb. I get that you want customization. I just don't think mixing these would work (or make sense chronologically). Different parks, different staff, different banners and utterly different styles.

I can see both sides of the argument regarding mixing eras. On one side themes would clash and then problems with Ai generated models. However i had a rich and poor theme for 1 of my parks mixing eras would be good in that way. Especially on Nublar North with 2 arrival points.

Will we be able to access the new paths and fences in the main campaign once we've completed the research for them? In addition, will the JP aviary get a JW variant or skin so it can be used in the main campaign? Thank you so much for the hard work and dedication that you all have put into this and sorry to be so full of questions.

Top Bottom