Feature Focus: Restrooms

They would stick out like a sore thumb. I get that you want customization. I just don't think mixing these would work (or make sense chronologically). Different parks, different staff, different banners and utterly different styles.
Mixing them has been shown to work, there were a couple of examples seen within the Jurassic World park. On the Lagoon boardwalk, next to the IMAX Cinema, the Visitor Information kiosk was built in exactly the same style as the JP style restroom. The Radio Bunker from Fallen Kingdom was also built using a similar design to the maintenance shed and emergency shelter, it’s even been reported that this particular building in the film universe was built for Jurassic Park and then repurposed for Jurassic World.

It’s an simple, plausible and satisfactory explanation that can justify building some of the classic JP buildings within the modern Jurassic World era. And none of the buildings, save for the Jurassic Park Gate and Tour, have any banners denoting their JP identity, so they can easily be built within JW and not look distractingly out of of place.

Loving the classic bathroom design. But like many others I'm disapointed we won't be able to mix the classic and modern buildings. I was really hoping to use them in the main campaign after unlocking them in the new Return to Jurassic Park campaign. Hopefully this will be changed later on (after all, they did give us sand on Nublar because we asked for it) and doesn't also apply to the new dinosaur skins/models.

I'm also wondering when they're gonna make more skins for the ACU helicopter. At the very lease they should make a classic, red, and blue skin to match the skins of the ranger jeep. I also wish we could pick different skins for each actual jeep instead of just in sets of three. But I know that's probably being too picky :p

They would stick out like a sore thumb. I get that you want customization. I just don't think mixing these would work (or make sense chronologically). Different parks, different staff, different banners and utterly different styles.
It would most definitely work. For example, look at Disneyland. Disneyland has various, distinct areas of the park. There's futuristic, fantasy, cartoon, jungle, and other themed sections of the park. I agree that combining both eras in the same section of the park would aesthetically look silly. However, by allowing us to use both eras simultaneously, we could build different, distinct, themed sections of our parks.

Besides, in a game that's supposed to be a sandbox game, why implement something in a certain way that limits creativity?

Last edited:
The fact that the JP dinosaurs are allowed everywhere, but the building skins are restricted to Sandbox and Challenge modes is quite the odd choice (I understand the reasoning, though it still seems odd to me).

Last edited:
Jurassic World-Gyrosphere=1993 Jeep Wrangler-Jurassic Park

Jurassic World: Gyrosphere
Gyro.jpg

Jurassic Park:1993 Jeep Wrangler
jurassic-park-jeep-wranglers-at-dinosaur-ridge-morrison-colorado_100705623.jpg

Jurassic World-Safari Tour=Ford Explorers-Jurassic Park

Jurassic World: Safari Tour
jurassic-world-movie-screencaps.com-4935.jpg

Jurassic Park: 1993 Ford Explorer
34e33049e3773405a82780b20a1af986.jpg

You know what guys. I've been thinking after a good night's sleep. I think I'm ok with being able to use only just one era of building skins, but the dinos no compromise. Because for starters most dinos never appeared in the og trilogy, so ergo no JP variant. I am okay with it I enjoyed JPOG with just simple mechanics and skins... But provided they give us a big sandbox map. Like in PZ the maps there are huge. Cmon we are getting a freakin aviary. Its gonna eat the whole map. Hahaha. Or better yet in sandbox mode there's no restriction whatsoever. Either way. Let's go JWE don't disappoint us.

Does this mean we're getting a 1993 skin of the Gyrospheres?
Not sure, I get the impression that Era might not be changeable once you've created the save, in which case it probably wouldn't be available. Otherwise the Explorers are probably the closest (monorail equivalent looks to be the jeeps).

You know what guys. I've been thinking after a good night's sleep. I think I'm ok with being able to use only just one era of building skins, but the dinos no compromise. Because for starters most dinos never appeared in the og trilogy, so ergo no JP variant. I am okay with it I enjoyed JPOG with just simple mechanics and skins... But provided they give us a big sandbox map. Like in PZ the maps there are huge. Cmon we are getting a freakin aviary. Its gonna eat the whole map. Hahaha. Or better yet in sandbox mode there's no restriction whatsoever. Either way. Let's go JWE don't disappoint us.

I would be ok with it if indeed we got a big huge sandbox map even if its not JP / JW relative, and I really keep saying i thi k in sandbox mode everything should be unlocked from the moment you use that mode not that you have to unlock stuff and forced to play all modes, some of us only love sandbox mode so we can let our imgination of a dreampark run wild its called sandbox mode for a reason

So we have to place the restrooms like we the other buildings in the game. An actual system I don't care for. I have never really liked how that is handled.

This is the problem I have always seen with restrooms and why I thought they weren't needed. So you build an enclosure with dinosaurs. The you have to build a something for fun, drinks, food and so on near the viewing galleries otherwise your park rating won't go up. So now you have to place down a bathroom. A bathroom in the same vicinity of buildings that already have bathrooms in them.

Does no one see the issue? What kind of Restaurant or bowling alley wouldn't have a bathroom in it? Also the viewing galleries already had bathrooms in them. They had a sign on the entrance indicating this.

I know Frontier is just adding the bathrooms in cause people keep asking for them and they want to give people what they want. But I feel like no has really thought about this and how it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

The bathrooms will most likely be free as well. This isn't like Rollercoaster Tycoon where you could put extra salt on your French fries which would make people drink more and need to use the bathroom more often. I have never been in an amusement park that charged to use the bathroom. Matter of fact I would find that to be a really scummy thing to do. Considering getting into those kind of places isn't cheap the bathroom should be free. That's the one good thing about this bathroom addition to game.

No one is going to get up and leave a restaurant or whatever else to use a bathroom outside of the place.

No, no one will leave a restaurant, but people will also not go into a restaurant and buy something, just to use the bathroom... Considering how many people visit the parks, it would be ridiculous not to have independent toilets... You get that in all amusement parks worldwide and at big events like sports games etc. You can't have 1000 people waiting to use the restaurant bathroom. Lol

@Steggs I will try to be as brief and straightforward as possible. Can we use JP and JW structures together in Sandbox?
The game is so great that it is very annoying to have limited creative freedom. I want to create my dream park! In my opinion, these are unnecessary things to keep talking about. I know that technically, for development reasons you may have certain limitations. But on the other hand, these are things that the game development team knows we'll be asking for sooner or later. So why not avoid our wear and tear by having to ask for something that can already be included in the game without pressure from fans and players?

Top Bottom