Fed rank up missions

Hi all, has anyone experienced issues with finding rank up missions since the update? I am 100% both categories in fed rank. I have looked in 3 diff systems both controlled and with fed factions but cannot find a navy rank mission. Thoughts?

Hi all, has anyone experienced issues with finding rank up missions since the update? I am 100% both categories in fed rank. I have looked in 3 diff systems both controlled and with fed factions but cannot find a navy rank mission. Thoughts?

I assume you are at 100% rep and inf at the stations and or system your seeking the rank mission. If not, it ain't gonna happen.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator

Sometimes they can be rare to spawn. Best advice is not to sweat it and carry on doing missions. You will still accumulate federation rank above your 100% level in the background. This will display once you finally do rank up.

You will only as Nemo suggests get Navy Rank missions from Federation affiliated minor factions you are allied with.

You can actually check this with the full lists of missions which may not be available if you are not at the required statues with the minor faction.

Last edited:

Need to find an un-repped Fed Faction in a different system and increase your standing by one unallied to cordial should trigger a Navy mission. This is how it's worked since being implemented so shouldn't have changed.

No, I'm finding them no problem. I will say however that the old principle of grinding between 2 stations has been obviated; you need to "work" an area of fed space. I'm doing data and cargo missions across about 10 systems, and find the rank up missions no problem.

Thanks guys, I was at Sothis/Ceos but flew back to Ross 490 and Sol. Did not get one rank up mission from any of them but I am allied with all. I will look for a new system and faction to work in.

Thanks guys, I was at Sothis/Ceos but flew back to Ross 490 and Sol. Did not get one rank up mission from any of them but I am allied with all. I will look for a new system and faction to work in.

Yep, I'm not far away from there. I'm not board flipping to stack missions; simply taking missions with rep +++ or higher, and going where they take me (in a reasonable range). Quickly finding I'm maxed out on missions, and that I'm handing several in at each station.

Problem is, if too many go their, they cause the system to change very rapidly and thus it won't be good for those whom have yet got there nor the throng who's already there. Might be a better plan to put it on a calendar for a couple of weeks from now and make sure to check it before plotting and flying all the way there for nothing. It's the same thing that happens occasionally when someone is doing a bang up job at making cr's and rep while in Quince. When it's hot, it's really hot, but when everyone and their brother go to take advantage of it, it cools rather quickly.

I'd aquait it with the housing bubble a few years back, those that go in early made a killing, the rest took a significant hit when they remortaged everything and the bubble popped.

Last edited:
Problem is, if too many go their, they cause the system to change very rapidly and thus it won't be good for those whom have yet got there nor the throng who's already there. Might be a better plan to put it on a calendar for a couple of weeks from now and make sure to check it before plotting and flying all the way there for nothing. It's the same thing that happens occasionally when someone is doing a bang up job at making cr's and rep while in Quince. When it's hot, it's really hot, but when everyone and their brother go to take advantage of it, it cools rather quickly.

I'd aquait it with the housing bubble a few years back, those that go in early made a killing, the rest took a significant hit when they remortaged everything and the bubble popped.

I see your point. I have, however, just gone from Ensign to Rear Admiral in a few hours. That bubble can pop anytime it likes now.

Top Bottom