News Fiction Diary #5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Fiction Diary #5

In this latest Elite: Dangerous Fiction Diary Michael talks about the process of putting together the galaxy for the game. He also answers a few questions posed by backers from the DDF.

check it out here

Excellent update, nice background mockup of station. How about dev interview which was in the makings? :) Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Edit: can we have that background as image? It looks simply beautiful. Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Subtitles please! Unable to hear anything at the moment and the YouTube captions are beyond useless for this vid (DDF = Media is about the only mistake that can be easily translated back into something meaningful). :(:(:(:(

People of a geeky persuasion might be interested in an analysis of FFE's galaxy-generation algorithm. When I was just getting into programming, reading it gave me some really interesting concepts to chew on.

Also,

Jongware said:
So, there are about 15,000 stars named "Aaa", "Hohoho" and "Lalala". Fortunately they are spaced out *very* far, in the order of 2,000 sectors apart (that's a rough guess).

I should have registered Commander Christmas. Then I could have pretended I got to name a star system.

As a rule of thumb I would say don't read much into the ships that are painted into these sorts of concept art pieces. They're usually just painted in as scale references- they aren't reflective of any particular model of ship.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom