COMPLETED CG Fight for Gliese 44 Citizens’ Forum (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Are combat bonds for killing "wanted" NPCs?
Those are bounties.

Combat bonds are for killing enemies in conflict zones. Conflict zones come in two types
- space conflict zones, which tend to be near planets in open space, can be seen on your left panel. They go from low to high intensity, and if you've not been in one before, start with the low intensity ones as the ships are quite tough even there (quite a bit tougher than a typical pirate ship)
- surface conflict zones (Odyssey only), which take place on foot at Odyssey settlements. Use the Frontline Solutions desk at a starport to get to those, or fly your own ship and land nearby if you prefer (just watch out for the anti-aircraft guns). These also come in low to high intensity, but even the high intensity ones aren't that bad.

Both types earn combat bonds which will work for this CG.

Could someone be a bit more specific about this? Are combat bonds for killing "wanted" NPCs? Or is it something else?

You get combat bonds by fighting in Combat Zones (in space or on ground) between the 2 factions at war - by signin in for one of the faction after you drop in the Combat zone
Then you cash in those combat bonds in the CG station AFTER you sign in for the CG

edit, pff so slow :D

Could someone be a bit more specific about this? Are combat bonds for killing "wanted" NPCs? Or is it something else?
Bonds are always for something else.

Wanted status applies to ”criminals” not honest soldiers of the enemy, and will earn bounties in most locations

Bonds are earned only in Conflict Zones and only when you have signed in for that conflict not just for the CG.

Edit: So many Ninjas these days.

Combat bonds are for killing WAR class targets in war/civil war conflict zones... bounties are not compliant for the CG. Bounties are issued for wanted targets...
Combat bonds are only earned in conflict zones labeled conflict zone and then a size class, low, medium or high... you have to drop into these zones and pick a side and then only kill the rival faction... EDO walkies has on foot conflict zones in the same wars...
Too complicated. I think I'll skip this one.

Nah, it's not.
You just have to get there and pick a side. Then your team will appear as Greens and the enemies will be Reds.
Then it's very intuitive: Red means Dead

Combat Zones are really fun, but they do benefit a lot from strong/engineered ships, but they're doable (Low CZ) with any ship given the pilot has decent flying skills
On-foot Combat Zones are also fun, no matter the level of equipment, but if you dont have at least G3 equipment is better to stay away from High CZ

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
The on-foot combat zones couldn't be simpler, and I love them! Just go to Frontline Solutions and talk to the guy there. Click on planet, find base with relevant sides fighting at the level you want; there is just one on the first plant which is Medium, which I've been going to. Then go to the Frontline lifts and wait for message to say Dropship ready and leaving in 5 minutes. Go to the hangar and board the dropship which willl 'drop' you at the edge of the combat zone. So far this base has been in darkness when I've been online, so I'm glad I have night vision which I use instead of a "look, here I am, shoot me" torch! I you become 'critically injured' (you don't die), you are automatically picked up, patched up and sent straight back with no loss of bonds to continue fighting - unless the end is very close. After the battle is done, you can call the dropship to take you back to the station (this needs a keybind setting!) and go back to Frontline Solutions to hand in your bonds and maybe sign up again if you are ready for more! Don't forget to sign up for your chosen side in the CG itself before handing in of course. :)

Combat Zones are really fun
Hmm, I thought that combat would be fun, but it seems rather tedious. It takes like an hour to kill one single enemy ship. (Ok, "an hour" is an obvious exaggeration, but it does take an inordinate amount of time. We are talking about, like 10 minutes or so. Perhaps even more.) One single ship.

It's like turn towards and fly towards the enemy ship, and shoot. If you are lucky you get its shields down by 50% or so. If unlucky perhaps 10%, or none at all. Then we fly past each other, and same thing all over again: Turn around, fly towards, shoot, get the ship's shield down by some tens of percents if you are lucky. Takes forever. Then, once the shields are down (and hoping that it's not one of those ships that regains shields in a microsecond), the same thing repeats, except now you may get its hull damaged by a few percents. Obviously the ship regains shields after one or two passes, and everything repeats again. And again. And again. And again. Like literally 20 times or whatever. It takes forever to destroy one single ship. And by that point I'm almost always very low on ammo, so it makes no sense to continue combat.

Hmm, I thought that combat would be fun, but it seems rather tedious. It takes like an hour to kill one single enemy ship. (Ok, "an hour" is an obvious exaggeration, but it does take an inordinate amount of time. We are talking about, like 10 minutes or so. Perhaps even more.) One single ship.

It's like turn towards and fly towards the enemy ship, and shoot. If you are lucky you get its shields down by 50% or so. If unlucky perhaps 10%, or none at all. Then we fly past each other, and same thing all over again: Turn around, fly towards, shoot, get the ship's shield down by some tens of percents if you are lucky. Takes forever. Then, once the shields are down (and hoping that it's not one of those ships that regains shields in a microsecond), the same thing repeats, except now you may get its hull damaged by a few percents. Obviously the ship regains shields after one or two passes, and everything repeats again. And again. And again. And again. Like literally 20 times or whatever. It takes forever to destroy one single ship. And by that point I'm almost always very low on ammo, so it makes no sense to continue combat.
I've been having a similar experience in the space CZs. I thought after my success HazRes bounty hunting in unengineered Kraits and Anacondas, I'd be able to do some dogfighting in addition to ground combat, but after an expensive rebuy from fighting a deadly FDL down to 3%, I've changed my mind.

Still pulled in over 140 million on bonds from the Odyssey High CZ on planet 9, though. In vendor G3/G2 gear.

It's like turn towards and fly towards the enemy ship, and shoot. If you are lucky you get its shields down by 50% or so. If unlucky perhaps 10%, or none at all. Then we fly past each other, and same thing all over again:

You need to treat the CZ as a team map.
So follow the greens, attack their targets, preferably already damaged.
Also, bind keys for module sub-targeting and always target the powerplant

Granted, they're not that easy as the pirates in Res sites, but they're doable

Hmm, I thought that combat would be fun, but it seems rather tedious.
Forgot to mention, the worst thing about this is not that it's tedious, but that it's very time-inefficient.

It takes forever to go to the conflict zone, to destroy one single enemy ship, which almost always pretty much fully drains my ammo requiring me to go back to the station to restock, which takes its time. Rinse and repeat.

The bounty for one single ship is rather pitiful. Not that I really need the money, but it doesn't really help me rank up in the CG percentage. At least with the cargo mission CGs it's relatively easy to get at least in the top 50%. With this... not so much. Can't really compete with those who have played combat for years and have monstrous combat ships that cut through enemies like a hot knife through butter.

As Northpin said you need to shoot the ships that your side are already attacking the extra shooters keep the target from picking on you exclusively and the extra damage they are doing kills the target quicker.
You could consider using turreted weapons the damage per shot has been nerfed but the superior time on target for the weapons compensates for that and if you wait till your green allies have attacked the target the odds are quite good they will have used fixed weapons which means the target will forget to use chaff until late in the fight.

I've been having a similar experience in the space CZs. I thought after my success HazRes bounty hunting in unengineered Kraits and Anacondas, I'd be able to do some dogfighting in addition to ground combat, but after an expensive rebuy from fighting a deadly FDL down to 3%, I've changed my mind.

Still pulled in over 140 million on bonds from the Odyssey High CZ on planet 9, though. In vendor G3/G2 gear.
Pirates rarely have a ship that is optimised for warfare so they are much easier targets than the warships you find in a CZ plus you are much more likely to encounter enemies with some or more engineering. Your ship should be outfitted in the same manner, though some do suggest going in in the lowest threat ship so you get ignored as a target, but you have to kill snipe to get the rewards but at least the rebuy is cheap.

Forgot to mention, the worst thing about this is not that it's tedious, but that it's very time-inefficient.

It takes forever to go to the conflict zone, to destroy one single enemy ship, which almost always pretty much fully drains my ammo requiring me to go back to the station to restock, which takes its time. Rinse and repeat.
There are often Fleet Carriers lurking outside CZs where you could go to repair and rearm to reduce flight times. You could try an all energy build to remove the ammo limitation but that can increase the time to kill and require more involved swapping of pips in the capacitors.

The bounty for one single ship is rather pitiful. Not that I really need the money, but it doesn't really help me rank up in the CG percentage. At least with the cargo mission CGs it's relatively easy to get at least in the top 50%. With this... not so much. Can't really compete with those who have played combat for years and have monstrous combat ships that cut through enemies like a hot knife through butter.
The trouble with flying such a monstrous combat ship is that you become a conspicuous target and are much more likely to get swarmed by any available enemies.

To be honest, the rewards for this CG are incredibly ridiculous and don't match the contribution of the players. A waste of time. I entered the top 10 pilots, killing a few days, in order to get 18 million credits, it's ridiculous and absurd, such money can be raised in the game in less than an hour. Makes me think about the meaninglessness of future participation in these goals. A board of honor, where the heroes of the conflict would be listed, at least these ten pilots from each side, would be a greater reward than these pennies.

To be honest, the rewards for this CG are incredibly ridiculous and don't match the contribution of the players. A waste of time. I entered the top 10 pilots, killing a few days, in order to get 18 million credits, it's ridiculous and absurd, such money can be raised in the game in less than an hour. Makes me think about the meaninglessness of future participation in these goals. A board of honor, where the heroes of the conflict would be listed, at least these ten pilots from each side, would be a greater reward than these pennies.
Sometimes the top 10 cmdrs get mentioned during frameshift live, but they've stopped doing that after a while.

Even rarer, top 3 cmdrs sometimes get mentioned in Galnet in the conclusion of the CG.

You should fight for the side that you want to support regardless of credits. If you want to earn money by mercenary work there are other, more interesting, challenging and decent paying tasks available.

You should fight for the side that you want to support regardless of credits. If you want to earn money by mercenary work there are other, more interesting, challenging and decent paying tasks available.
That's the point that people go to CG, not for money that they can earn on their own, there are no problems with money in the game, now too much money is given out for any sneeze. It's just that the reward for participation should be at least moral, for example, in the form of a leader board, so that everyone who visited the station could see their contribution, at least these ten heroes. And instead, they give you a miserable penny, except that they don't shout in the back - here's a penny for you, fool, go buy yourself a badge. What is the incentive for the players? At this moment, for watching a dull devs stream on Twitch for a couple of hours, they give out much more significant awards (skins) than for a multi-day participation in CG. There is something wrong with the priorities in the game when it comes to attracting the community.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom