Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

Who is this George Lucas,why is he not on the list and can we challenge him?Just asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Hey I can't believe I've not heard about this before. I've subscribed to the thread with the intention of remembering to have a crack at it next week. Hopefully I'll remember :)

Who is this George Lucas,why is he not on the list and can we challenge him?Just asking for a friend.

If only there was a George Lucas we could blow up "this is for midichlorians <pew>.. this is for the ewok teddybears <pew>.. and this is for Jar Jar Bloody Binks! <pew pew pew>"

Hey I can't believe I've not heard about this before. I've subscribed to the thread with the intention of remembering to have a crack at it next week. Hopefully I'll remember :)

Welcome on board just Friend either me or Dayrth. It makes it easier to wing up and coordinate things.

Wow, now this is nice and the sort of PvP i could be interested in. Well done OP for setting this up.

Not sure when ill get the chance to take part, but i've subscribed to the thread and will try and get involved at some point.

I do have a little stock sidewinder ready to go.

By the way, when you say stock, would an upgraded FSD be acceptable as it doesn't affect combat... just for travel back and forth. And... how do you check for people using modified engines? Just watch how they perform and ask for proof if they appear to be running something they shouldn't? Or is everything based on trust?

Great to have you on board.

Yes it is all trust. All the people who have taken part so far have been very trustworthy.

Anything that doesn't affect the performance of the Sidewinder positively is fine. Just don't start gutting the Sidewinder to save weight. The reason we moved over to Leesti is because they sell Sidewinders there, and some of us like the straightforward convenience of just buying a Sidewinder and knowing that it's then standard.

Last edited:
Great to have you on board.

Yes it is all trust. All the people who have taken part so far have been very trustworthy.

Anything that doesn't affect the performance of the Sidewinder positively is fine. Just don't start gutting the Sidewinder to save weight. The reason we moved over to Leesti is because they sell Sidewinders there, and some of us like the straightforward convenience of just buying a Sidewinder and knowing that it's then standard.

Thanks, sounds good. How is the outfitting in Leesti?

Oh, wait, you mean we take absoloutely stock? Not even A rate anything or change what weapons we carry?

That's ok as well.

Last edited:
You go to the Sidewinder showroom at Leesti shipyard. You pay the dealer for your Sidewinder. And you fly it directly from the showroom to the duel. You can stop by the coachworks for a different paintjob or decals, but nothing that affects the performance.

The main part of Fighter Club is the list..

DAYRTH
MYV.HS
FRANK
NOOBDELUX
CERTACITO
BOBBALONG
ARTEMIS DUKE
ODDPOTATO
PSYKOKOW
EID LEWEISE
THEO BLINKS III
ASTACED

This is what makes the fight as fair as possible. You choose to challenge the position in the list which you think you can win. If you pick an easy fight then you don't get so high up the ladder.

Of course the ladder doesn't really represent the skill of the players. I've seen psykokow fight in CQCC and I know he is a good pilot, but he only took part in the duels once when we were drumming up business by taking it to Lave Radio.

Good pilots who don't take part in the duels slowly slip down the ladder, whilst really bad pilots who have to attend the event as they are organising it, can stay up the list as high as third place.

Some of the participants have suggested a points system rather than this list, but I like the casual nature of this way of keeping score. It means people who join the club late are not put at an unfair disadvantage.

And the gentlemanly agreements of the fights means the ladder system has a trick up its sleeve. Two people can arrange a duel themselves, at a different time and space. It doesn't have to be Sidewinders. It doesn't even have to be symmetrical weapons. As long as both parties agreed to the arrangement, and they both PM me with all the details I need, then I'll modify the ladder as per the result of that duel.

You go to the Sidewinder showroom at Leesti shipyard. You pay the dealer for your Sidewinder. And you fly it directly from the showroom to the duel. You can stop by the coachworks for a different paintjob or decals, but nothing that affects the performance.

The main part of Fighter Club is the list..

DAYRTH
MYV.HS
FRANK
NOOBDELUX
CERTACITO
BOBBALONG
ARTEMIS DUKE
ODDPOTATO
PSYKOKOW
EID LEWEISE
THEO BLINKS III
ASTACED

This is what makes the fight as fair as possible. You choose to challenge the position in the list which you think you can win. If you pick an easy fight then you don't get so high up the ladder.

Of course the ladder doesn't really represent the skill of the players. I've seen psykokow fight in CQCC and I know he is a good pilot, but he only took part in the duels once when we were drumming up business by taking it to Lave Radio.

Good pilots who don't take part in the duels slowly slip down the ladder, whilst really bad pilots who have to attend the event as they are organising it, can stay up the list as high as third place.

Some of the participants have suggested a points system rather than this list, but I like the casual nature of this way of keeping score. It means people who join the club late are not put at an unfair disadvantage.

And the gentlemanly agreements of the fights means the ladder system has a trick up its sleeve. Two people can arrange a duel themselves, at a different time and space. It doesn't have to be Sidewinders. It doesn't even have to be symmetrical weapons. As long as both parties agreed to the arrangement, and they both PM me with all the details I need, then I'll modify the ladder as per the result of that duel.

Thanks for the info, and yes, seems the fairest way.

Okay, so remember Wednesday at 7pm at George Lucas, Leesti.

MYV.HS suggested after the duels we go down to have some fun on a planet surface.. I'll bring my SRV

Okay, so remember Wednesday at 7pm at George Lucas, Leesti.

MYV.HS suggested after the duels we go down to have some fun on a planet surface.. I'll bring my SRV

Yeah, thanks. Not sure i'll make it today, got a few things on, then i've got to get off to do some scouting for the silly ships expedition. Will try and make it next week... 7pm, so 10pm my time. Perfect actually, i put kids to bed at that time.

Is this for PC players or XBOX players? Sorry for the noob question. I'm on both platforms but just wondering whether I'll be joining up on a small screen or a big one 😂

This is for PC's only. I'd be delighted if anyone set up a similar club in the alternate universe though. To avoid confusion I'll go stick our PC label onto the OP.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
@Rickietee10: If you have both, why not join us on Wednesday, but invite some other XBoxers to take part another day?

@Frank: If Rickietee10 is up for it, you could put a note on the OP to say that XBox players interested could contact him.

This is for PC's only. I'd be delighted if anyone set up a similar club in the alternate universe though. To avoid confusion I'll go stick our PC label onto the OP.
ANOther?

o.k.
heres the ch allenge.
theo challenge george lucas from trevithic ltt 4386
i@7:30/19:37 or until heat meta strikes
stock sid ey

answers on a p[ostcard oplease

The Fighter Club List Currently :-

MYV.HS
DAYRTH
FRANK
ZANTOR
NOOBDELUX
CERTACITO
BOBBALONG
ARTEMIS DUKE
ODDPOTATO
PSYKOKOW
EID LEWEISE
THEO BLINKS III
ASTACED

This is a battle me and MYV.HS (Pepys) had a while ago.

[video=youtube;Kjg9Xl-ILCg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLj1EEEr7oCwy5vLyDOsxnQ2dv8dJzDsM9&v=Kjg9Xl-ILCg[/video]

Cercicito, you link stopped working and people couldn't join our Discord Channel. I don't think their permanent links are as permanent as they make out. You may have to give the the permission to invite people.

Until then, I've posted an invite to the ARC discord channel so we can all get on. I'll keep it as up-to-date as the list.

Last edited:
Sorry about arriving late ^^'
It was a nice spar tonight, I had a lot of fun! I'm encoding the video of the duel with Dayrth, I wish I had remembered to record the 3forall.

I'm sorry I dashed off so quickly but I really needed to... go... How can I put this euphemistically... put on a show for Trump.

If we have a go at mucking about on a planet after next week's duelling, a fairer fight might be one Sidewinder verses a gang of SRVs <grin>

Last edited:
I'd be up for that. If anyone needs my gamer tag to set it up then it's Cipher1992.

Also I'll need to progress a little more on PC. Think sporting a cobra mk3 with C level gear and about 150k credits to my name haha

Back
Top Bottom