Newcomer / Intro Fighter Club, the fighting club for every skill level

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
These updates are a pain for me. Despite having a reasonable connection the ED updates always take ages. It seems that FD are now doing their patches on Wednesdays so I propose we change Fighter club to a different day. As I am working form home now, any weekday would suit me. Frank has suggested Tuesdays. Any thoughts?

Okay so we put it to a vote on our Discord thread and it was a decisive victory for Friday.. so next Fighterclub will take place on Friday

This Friday we will be trying to kill Thargoids with Shard Cannons.
Get yourself some AX weapons and be on board the ARRC Response Fleet by 18:00 game time when she will transport any participating commanders to the target systems. Most likely the Pleiades.

Dayrth did you hear that? You'll have to transfer over to the "ARRC Response Fleet". The "Prachodayat" will be remaining in Bruthanvan, to keep its promise

This coming Friday, I will offer a choice of events.
1. Landing on heavy gravity planets in big ships. Bring your Cutter, T9, Corvette. T10 or Anaconda to a heavy grav planet yet to be chosen. Be prepared to face the rebuy screen as your ship becomes a metal pancake.
2. Thargoid hunting either in the Pleiades or the Witch Head Nebula.

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Whichever one we end up doing, are we getting there by carrier and if so, which one and where is it?
If not, give me a bit of notice of where we are going as I may have to travel there a while before hand.

We already have a bookmark to a 9G planet in our squadron bookmarks it seems.
HD 148937 planet 3
Distance from Zaonce is 1,295.31 Lyrs
Carrier ARRC Response Fleet is handy in Tionisla for that trip.

Friday is pancake day.
The carrier ARRC Response Fleet will resume its journey to the 9G planet for High G Landings in the morning.
It is highly recommended that you park your ships aboard her at the end of play today so as not to miss the bus.
This is a Fighter Club event and everyone is welcome.
The event begins officially at 18:30 Game time but you may spend as much time as you like practising before then.
Just remember to save some rebuy for the event itself.

o7

Last edited:
Today is "Pancake Day"
The carrier ARRC Response Fleet will be leaving Tionisla for the 9G planet HD 148937 planet 3, at 12:30 game time.
The Fighter Club "Pancake Day" event will officially begin at 18:30 game time.
It is highly recommended that you park your ship along with any extra modules aboard her as soon as possible before her departure.

o7

Well "Pancake day" fell a bit flat. (See what I did there :))
It was a lot of fun despite the massive rebuy bill.
Lots of surprises, including the ability to land on 10G planets being confirmed.
SRV Racing on 10G planet was a bit of a ;et down though. Seemed easier in a lot of ways then on low G moons.

Looking for a new idea for the next get together on Friday.
Something worthy of a streaming sesh perhaps.

Maybe Oddysey related for those of us that have Alpha access.

o7

Last edited:
The SRV racing never took off. I don't know how fun the SLF flying was, but it certainly looked spectacular from where I was looking

For tomorrow, if the constant fires will give us a break for a day. I propose another trip to either the Witch Head sector or the Plieades to bash Thargoids again.
The Carrier ARRC Antrum Draconis will be available to transport ships and modules out there.
Be aboard before 18:00 UK time 17:00 Game time or miss the bus.

o7

Top Bottom