First AX attempt now?

They don't scramble your targetting, just the info from the target, as per Dr Nagi's post above.
As for scoop vs HRP, have you fought an interceptor yet? ;). If you do heatsink spamming, you'll probably be ok, although if you're new to it you might find you'll need the extra HRP. I would definitely keep it nearby at least :).

Why have the SDFN & xeno scanner modules at all? Well they are handy, but not essential, for an EMP you can just FA off (boost if need be too, but you may end up going too far). And the scanner is handy but not essential (as above), for smaller ships it's more important to have another shield booster, or maybe a HS launcher.
Personally I think it's about time that Fdev finally intergrated the xeno scanner with the standard sensors.
Oh, and for scouts, it's very useful to target certain types of scouts 1st (I forget which, as I rarely equip the xeno scanner), especially if you're soloing 12 scouts or more! lol
Ok, I follow you. Yeah I've concentrated on the inciters and stuff first when there was a big swarm.

Yeah, I haven't taken down an interceptor yet, but I killed 2 hearts on my first attempt before my stick trigger broke! I still hung around for a while trying to figure out what was wrong and my my gauss cannon couldn't fire before returning to the station.
Anyway, parts are there so I can swap them in as needed.

We'll see, I guess, if I'm overconfident. Personally, I think what I have tested is that this ship (which was slightly less engineered the first time) will last quite a while even when I have no guns what-so-ever and can't shoot the swarms down and am taking lightening attacks to the face.

Ok, so I just gave it a try.
(you convinced me and I did throw on the 4D HRP before setting out.

Long story short. I did kill it, but was at 5% hull, canopy blew right before the kill shot, and then caustic damage finished me off before I could limp back to the station.

I made some mistakes. A few misses with the gauss cannon meant hearts shut back down without being killed the first time, and all while being so flustered that I forgot to keep the heatsinks flowing and ran over 300% heat for a minute. Forgot to look down.
That probably would have made the difference. Synthing heatsinks takes forever and I need to get some more mats for that before I try again.
I could also be better at the flak launcher while flying backwards in FAO. I was ok while in full rev thrust with FA on, so maybe I can kill the swarm faster that way before the big guy catches up.
Lots of shields going down and kiting it off while I charge up.
I think I know what I did wrong.
Ultimately, I never even fired the thermal vent laser. Don't know if there were many seconds when I was close enough to hit, anyway.

There was this funny moment at the end where the hearts are all killed but a swarm is still all over me. Shields go down and a missile damages the flak launcher. I check and I’m at 15% Hull and decide.... why not? So switch to gauss cannon and go for the kill. Canopy shatters between the second and third hit and I watch the interceptor blow up through open space with the suit breathing apparatus and the alarms as the only sound. A rated life support so I’m not worried.
I see the heart pop up and think about scooping it, but my scoop is damaged also. Oh well, time to head home.
Then she reminds me about the caustic damage. I look down and see 1%.

Eject.

Last edited:
Nice, a kills a kill! I run at least one MRP due to the module damage taken when fighting interceptors. Soon you will be able to take a Cyclops fairly easily i should think. Good work CMDR👍

o7

Nice, a kills a kill! I run at least one MRP due to the module damage taken when fighting interceptors. Soon you will be able to take a Cyclops fairly easily i should think. Good work CMDR👍

o7
Thanks, yeah I have a size 2 and a size 4 MRP in here. It lasted a long time!

Oof sounds like a wild ride you had there. Congratz for the kill though!
In the future, try to take a kill-screenshot showing the bond and explosion, as that'll get you recognition by the AXI, should you ever want to join their discord, like this:
uwiVXn2.png

Also video recordings help others to give you tips on what you can improve, if you ever feel stuck somewhere.

Oof sounds like a wild ride you had there. Congratz for the kill though!
In the future, try to take a kill-screenshot showing the bond and explosion, as that'll get you recognition by the AXI, should you ever want to join their discord, like this:
uwiVXn2.png

Also video recordings help others to give you tips on what you can improve, if you ever feel stuck somewhere.
Right on, and does that still work in VR?
I'm a VR guy, I don't think my computer would.... well It's on the edge of what it's able to accomplish running the whole game in stereoscopic. Hehe . Don't think I could add video rec/stream

Right on, and does that still work in VR?
I'm a VR guy, I don't think my computer would.... well It's on the edge of what it's able to accomplish running the whole game in stereoscopic. Hehe . Don't think I could add video rec/stream
Give OBS a try, relatively low overhead. It does have an fps impact for me but it might be small enough to not notice.
In ED change the mirror display to 1280x720 windowed, then in OBS set up that window as the source for capture (not the headset).

Watching VR footage takes a bit of getting used to :)

I killed Basilisk in a Chieftain without orbiting. So it is possible, though for Medusa not anymore. If orbiting is not for you, try a big ship, mainly Cutter or Corvette.
I started running minerals out to a station just 'north' of the witch head. I started to get pulled from hyper repeatedly. It was my first run in with thargoids.

I'm not entirely sure if I want to get into the fight yet. I'm not hot on a stick and this f off flipping and rolling isn't gonna work for me yet, but I run a Cutter with 4 turreted lasers, three gimballed multi cannon and a fighter. I run CZs, HAZ Rez, and Pirate Activity Detected area but ..

Would you by chance have a Cutter build suitable for a dead hand pilot?

Give OBS a try, relatively low overhead. It does have an fps impact for me but it might be small enough to not notice.
In ED change the mirror display to 1280x720 windowed, then in OBS set up that window as the source for capture (not the headset).

Watching VR footage takes a bit of getting used to :)

I was wondering if it would work to send the video stream out to another computer. (My MBP would be great) and stream/record from that machine.
Then again the kaby lake cpu has these dedicated video transcoding cores that sit at idle while I play so maybe I wouldn’t see any extra load.

Last edited:
I started running minerals out to a station just 'north' of the witch head. I started to get pulled from hyper repeatedly. It was my first run in with thargoids.

I'm not entirely sure if I want to get into the fight yet. I'm not hot on a stick and this f off flipping and rolling isn't gonna work for me yet, but I run a Cutter with 4 turreted lasers, three gimballed multi cannon and a fighter. I run CZs, HAZ Rez, and Pirate Activity Detected area but ..

Would you by chance have a Cutter build suitable for a dead hand pilot?
Yes, here you go:

It requires a lot of engineering and stuff, but works great.

Medusa Solo video:

It's done!
First kill.JPG

I did pretty poorly at the start but got into rhythm a couple minutes in.
And I did stream/record the whole thing (not that I have any viewers) so I'll be able to upload the video at some point. I'll probably cut it down to the actual fight. My mic was much too low, which I'm fine with because I'm sure I sound like an idiot most of the time.

One thing, I scooped up the heart but apparently those are caustic, too so I sold it quick. Is there something else I'm supposed to do with it? Just a bobble-head, or something else?

It's done!
View attachment 144341

I did pretty poorly at the start but got into rhythm a couple minutes in.
And I did stream/record the whole thing (not that I have any viewers) so I'll be able to upload the video at some point. I'll probably cut it down to the actual fight. My mic was much too low, which I'm fine with because I'm sure I sound like an idiot most of the time.

One thing, I scooped up the heart but apparently those are caustic, too so I sold it quick. Is there something else I'm supposed to do with it? Just a bobble-head, or something else?
Yeah that's a nice one!
You can unlock corrosion resistant cargo racks at a human tech broker to safely transport hearts. And yes you only kinda need them for the bobblehead. Also stay outside the death cloud until the materials have degenerated to 50%, then it's safe to pick stuff up.

Last edited:
Lol, thanks for the honest, straight up videos, I've kept my 1st kill offline ;).
Good start on that 1st heart!, I've only watched the 1st 4 mins so far, 2 things that struck me, keep over 800m away from them so they don't trash you with their yellow lightning, & try to remember to juggle your pips more (especially when being zapped, 4 pips to shields! ;)), but yea I know, theirs a lot going on!
Will watch the rest later. [edit] now seen.
1st 2 hearts killed pretty quickly, you could've actually finished him off much sooner, but not a bad 1st kill at all :).
I would leave killing the swarm for when you reverskiing away from the interceptor.
Btw, I think 350+% heat is the highest temperature I've ever seen! lol :D, I was amazed you didn't have a cascade of malfunctions

Last edited:
Top Bottom