First to Explorers Anchorage?

Two things:

1) I thought the whole purpose of the delayed roll out of the WP's for DW2 was to keep people from overshooting the expedition? There were people already at SagA* two weeks ago and now there's already a race to the new station? Sheesh, people...stick with the fleet, potter around, find some things, and shot some rocks. Also, get off my lawn.

2) Ed went to Bethesda? Oi vay...

This reminds me of a conversation between some of the characters in the movie The Last Days on Mars. One of them says something along the lines of "No one remembers the second man to walk on the moon.", and the other responds, "It was Buzz Aldrin. Everyone knows that!" ;) :D

Two things:

1) I thought the whole purpose of the delayed roll out of the WP's for DW2 was to keep people from overshooting the expedition? There were people already at SagA* two weeks ago and now there's already a race to the new station? Sheesh, people...stick with the fleet, potter around, find some things, and shot some rocks. Also, get off my lawn.

+rep.

I remember on distant worlds 1 someone posted a screenshot of themseves being at beagle point a week after it started saying he's completed it, then he wondered why everyone rolled their eyes at him :D

I thought the whole purpose of the delayed roll out of the WP's for DW2 was to keep people from overshooting the expedition? There were people already at SagA* two weeks ago and now there's already a race to the new station? Sheesh, people...stick with the fleet, potter around, find some things, and shot some rocks. Also, get off my lawn.

I'm pootling around the edges of the western neutron fields exploring planetary nebulae, taking my time getting to the next WP, pretty much as I've done from the start. But I can totally get some people with less time to spare heading out there as it provides somewhere to park, and some folks might go two weeks before even being able to sit down and play again, but want to be there for the CG, because it's not every day you get to participate in something like this.

Last edited:
I've long ago passed Elite status in Exploring, and followed the fleet for a large majority of the trip so far. I just wanted to see if I could possibly be the first into a very historic Station that will forever more be an 'anchor' port at the center of the galaxy. When the server ticked, and I was that close to the station, it was a really exciting moment for me as I've played this game for a very long time. I was so excited in fact, that I accidentally lingered outside the opening for a few seconds too long and got a 200CR fine that put me in Anonymous Access mode....lol. Frontier had to remove the 200CR for me, as the station had no means of paying it. It was also fun to report to the Fleetcom channel in Discord everything that was happening. Memorable evening.

I now have more than enough time to backtrack and see all the POI that I jumped over.

Happy Travels, Commanders. o7

Last edited:
Two things:

2) Ed went to Bethesda? Oi vay...

1. For some of us with limited gaming time under the week, making the waypoint releases on a Sunday evening UTC (Monday morning APac) means we're constantly a week behind; not so enjoyable when one of the big aims is to play -with- other people.

2. Yeah :( Hope he enjoys it! They've certainly made some great games but I never participated in their communities. Maybe I should drop in to give Ed a hard time for old times' sake ;)

Well Bethesda need a decent person over there, for some reason they seem to be falling apart what with the new Fallout failure and the Diablo Oblivion debacle

Well Bethesda need a decent person over there, for some reason they seem to be falling apart what with the new Fallout failure

There's a nuka cola-themed "New Coke"-based meme about Fallout 76 in there somewhere, if I could be bothered to fire up GIMP.

By my current progress I think me and my T10 miner will arrive around Tuesday, assuming I don't get too sidetracked on the way (wish I'd packed a SRV). Now there is a UC office there I'll be even happier as I can offload my data and do a bit of non-CG mining before the event starts. Hoping it is nice and 'shiny' inside the station :)

Top Bottom