Flat Rides Toolkit

Do you think Frontier will ever add a Flat Rides Toolkit to Planet Coaster? It would be nice to have one in game.

They've spoke about this in the past and it will not be happening. Their reasoning was the rides and coasters take the developers months to create and are very complex. Not to mention releasing a tool to make your own rides would most likely hurt the DLC sales, so you can pretty much guarantee it will never happen.

That's why I want them to continue making all rides DLC's. Because we will never be able to make our own working rides like you could with RCT3.

They've spoke about this in the past and it will not be happening. Their reasoning was the rides and coasters take the developers months to create and are very complex. Not to mention releasing a tool to make your own rides would most likely hurt the DLC sales, so you can pretty much guarantee it will never happen.
I don´t agree it would hurt DLC sales. I mean, now, we probably can´t expect much more DLCs so it would be nice to have such a tool so we, as a community, can keep the game alive. And yes, it might be complex tool, quite hard to lear. But I don´t buy this argument as a reason for not releasing the tool. I mean, this community has definitely very smart people among it who would enjoy the challenge. And it could even bring more people on board, as there are those who are exactly looking for such a challenge. Anyway, I cannot name single game that was hurt due to modding tools being released publicly. I can only name countless of games that were a huge success and sales got even boosted. And some of these games is alive for many many years, even today. Mods = more profit.

Parkitect may be simpler, but they released a flat ride tool allowing users to create their own flat rides. And it has been done in RCT2 and RCT3. But Planet Coaster is one of the only game that is not bound to a grid that is a full simulation with people, etc. Theme Park Studio was another, and they had a flat ride tool, but I don't think that game ever had a future.

I don´t agree it would hurt DLC sales. I mean, now, we probably can´t expect much more DLCs so it would be nice to have such a tool so we, as a community, can keep the game alive. And yes, it might be complex tool, quite hard to lear. But I don´t buy this argument as a reason for not releasing the tool. I mean, this community has definitely very smart people among it who would enjoy the challenge. And it could even bring more people on board, as there are those who are exactly looking for such a challenge.
I personally don't know how hard it is for the devs to create the flat rides, I'm just going off of what they've said in the past, and by looking at the detail in each and everyone of them, I believe them when they say it would be very hard to create a flat ride toolkit.

I would definitely say a tool of this kind would hurt the ride DLC pack sales. If Frontier creates a ride that people have been requesting for a long time and released it in a pack, most people who really want that 1 ride will buy the entire Ride Pack (cough chairlift cough). If a popular ride was made available for free on the workshop, people will be less likely to buy the Frontier version which involves buying an entire pack.

Do you actually look at what creative minds come up with as objects in the Thememaker's Toolkit?
The start has already been made ...

#Shoutout to Coshira

I personally don't know how hard it is for the devs to create the flat rides, I'm just going off of what they've said in the past, and by looking at the detail in each and everyone of them, I believe them when they say it would be very hard to create a flat ride toolkit.

I would definitely say a tool of this kind would hurt the ride DLC pack sales. If Frontier creates a ride that people have been requesting for a long time and released it in a pack, most people who really want that 1 ride will buy the entire Ride Pack (cough chairlift cough). If a popular ride was made available for free on the workshop, people will be less likely to buy the Frontier version which involves buying an entire pack.
Modding is usually not very easy. Still, there is a lot of people who is willing to learn. Very often, these people also end up in gaming industry as developers. So saying it´s too complicated is just very weak reasoning to not release such a tool. And again, I don´t remember any game that got hurt by modding community... It was always actually for the good and bigger profit. And I also count a lot of games with DLCs. Even The sims, Cities Skylines and many other games that sold DLCs and made huge profit even with modding community being quite big and active. Also, note that earlier DLCs for PC are actually scenery based and we already have tools for creating scenery. Do you feel it hurt the game or sales of said DLCs? I don´t think so ;)

Modding is usually not very easy. Still, there is a lot of people who is willing to learn.
Sorry I didn't make it very clear, I was talking about the difficulty for the Developers in making the Flat Ride Toolkit, not the community modding them.
Also, note that earlier DLCs for PC are actually scenery based and we already have tools for creating scenery. Do you feel it hurt the game or sales of said DLCs? I don´t think so
No, the scenery based toolkit most likely did not hurt DLC sales at all, and that's probably because the Scenery DLC packs included fleshed out themes. Each one includes a load of modular building pieces too. The toolkit can only offer individual scenery pieces (which is still great) but many people, including myself, would rather have full themes.

why not?

what is needed for ugc, too?
1 rootspline, the count of peepseatpositions, a bigger map in the toolkit.
that was it.
they only have to allow splines and empty bones and more armaturebones

they knows that some users could do cfr ....

I'm sure, that the creation of a Flat Ride for PlanCo is not more difficlut as the creation of a Flat Ride for RCT3. It's only a matter of time before a few people bored by Frontier's release strategy start developing their own tools. ;)

I'm sure, that the creation of a Flat Ride for PlanCo is not more difficlut as the creation of a Flat Ride for RCT3. It's only a matter of time before a few people bored by Frontier's release strategy start developing their own tools. ;)

It might look like that on the surface, but i am not convinced. Since we actually don't know how the Rides work in the Game everything is speculation. But talking to Andy C in Efteling made it clear that it is not as easy as people thought.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
What kind of computer would be able to handle planet coaster with selfmade flat rides by a thememaker toolkit? So many community members are posting problems by playing the game 'cause of the frames per second, which are in the "basement". But as long as the data size of most of the objects, which had been created by the thememaker toolkit is bigger than a complete park, I hope that a tookit for creating flates rides will not come, otherwise the fun to play planet coaster will also be in the "basement".

What kind of computer would be able to handle planet coaster with selfmade flat rides by a thememaker toolkit? So many community members are posting problems by playing the game 'cause of the frames per second, which are in the "basement". But as long as the data size of most of the objects, which had been created by the thememaker toolkit is bigger than a complete park, I hope that a tookit for creating flates rides will not come, otherwise the fun to play planet coaster will also be in the "basement".
File size got nothing to do with it. And please stop comparing those file sizes with Save Files or Park Files. This comparison doesn't really work since the Save Files or Park Files don't contain any Textures or Models. It just draws from an existing pool of data. A Phone Book doesn't contain actual People right? It is kinda like that.

A TMT File on the other hand has to contain all the needed files in a complete package. And the File Size doesn't matter, since it gets loaded while you load a Save as far as i know. The Framerate is affected by LOD's that are not properly done. NOT the size of the TMT file.

Sorry I didn't make it very clear, I was talking about the difficulty for the Developers in making the Flat Ride Toolkit, not the community modding them.

No, the scenery based toolkit most likely did not hurt DLC sales at all, and that's probably because the Scenery DLC packs included fleshed out themes. Each one includes a load of modular building pieces too. The toolkit can only offer individual scenery pieces (which is still great) but many people, including myself, would rather have full themes.

Hmm, honestly, it could be just a tool to compile the rides and set certain presets. I´m sure that would work very well.

Honestly, what a horrible argument. On one side, people here protect Planet Coaster´s optimization that it´s actually up to us to build adequately large parks, on the other hand, you right away say no to this tool... why not let people use it if they want? Also as mentioned above, your thoughts are wrong and file size has rly nothing to do with it.

Sorry guys, if I had displeased someone within this Forum. That was not my Intention. I love planet coaster and for me it's still the best game ever had been made and I also love this community.

Sorry guys, if I had displeased someone within this Forum. That was not my Intention. I love planet coaster and for me it's still the best game ever had been made and I also love this community.
My reply was not meant as a personal Attack. Sorry if it came across this way :D I just saw this comparison a lot and it just isn't true. Don't take things i say personal, since it was meant as a general statement.

What Crowdpleaer said, nothing is personal. We are just discussing and sharing our thoughts :).

Top Bottom