Fleet Carrier autorefueling

It does but if we can have crew that can do that then the endless arguments will ramp up demanding that they can do other stuff for us and we will end up with more new lyrics to that 1970s classic by The Eagles.
I would prefer they do anything, really. Right now all those crews (including fighter pilot) just suck my money :D

c) Its like everything else on a fleet carrier, its an optional service. What does people selling ships or modules on their carrier add to the game when players can just go to the bubble and buy everything there instead?
  • Vista Genomics is part of an actual game loop. That involves actual player activity.
  • The Bartender is based around actual player gameplay.
  • Armory: the fleet owner can sell to other players. This involves actual player activity.
  • Refuel, Rearm, Repair, UC are all copied from elsewhere in the game. And part of actual player gameplay.
  • Pioneer supply function is copy pasted. I don't see much value in it... but I suspect minimal effort on FDev part.

Your suggested NPC tritium mining service is NOT based around actual player gameplay or activity. It provides a passive service that reduces player gameplay. Having NPC function as bots on behalf of the player. This is most certainly not in the "spirit" of the game. And it makes no sense for FDEv to dump resources into a feature that reduces player gameplay.

I see you sidestepped the ingame financial aspect of your suggestion. It also makes no sense.

And unless you can reference existing lore... I don't understand your claim of NPCs mining tritium on behalf of the cmdr is part of lore.

Last edited:
I don't understand your claim of NPCs mining tritium on behalf of the cmdr is part of lore.
NPC pilot + turreted guns = AFK T10 farm while commander sleeps ?

This is most certainly not in the "spirit" of the game. And it makes no sense for FDEv to dump resources into a feature that reduces player gameplay.

Or maybe FDevs want to sell more accounts ? :) If you have 10 accounts sitting on carrier, each into own T9 with 700t of the tritium it will allow round trip eventually.

Last edited:
Is that part of lore somewhere? The claim was the suggestion fits in with existing lore and the spirit of the game.
Yes it fits. I pay crews..for what ? Just to be pictures?
My NPC pilot at least fights. I want them all to do something meaningful, so I can never exit Solo mode and just do everything :) Why not ? Solo is there.

All that rant for one button "Refill tank" or option to scoop tritium from the sun, or refinement module for converting regular hydrogen into tritium. I guess the older community is the more resistant to ANY change it is...
Micromanagement in ED is extensive, no amount of automation is allowed (which is fine for me if that is dev choice) but sometimes it is annoying... like being able to hire APEX shuttle to move around while being unable to hire pilot for Your own ship to move around the same way... like being interdicted or attacked while moving 1t of junk in cargo hold.
There are things I like here and those I don't. For the latter ones I'm simply avoiding them:)

Imho my character career as a pilot here is being handicapped by being unable to progress beyond point of doing everything by myself. I feel being deprived of right to spend earned money the way I like (hiring other pilots to do things I did before and no longer wish to do), to buy modules that would make my in game pilot life simply better... therefore making owning a lot of credits in game pointless.

All that rant for one button "Refill tank" or option to scoop tritium from the sun, or refinement module for converting regular hydrogen into tritium. I guess the older community is the more resistant to ANY change it is...
It is more that they become resistant to bad changes, of course what is a good change becomes more narrowly defined over years of experience.

Micromanagement in ED is extensive, no amount of automation is allowed (which is fine for me if that is dev choice) but sometimes it is annoying... like being able to hire APEX shuttle to move around
Apex of course being introduced as a way for people to play on foot who didn’t want to fly a spaceship.

while being unable to hire pilot for Your own ship to move around the same way... like being interdicted or attacked while moving 1t of junk in cargo hold.
There are things I like here and those I don't. For the latter ones I'm simply avoiding them:)

Imho my character career as a pilot here is being handicapped by being unable to progress beyond point of doing everything by myself. I feel being deprived of right to spend earned money the way I like (hiring other pilots to do things I did before and no longer wish to do), to buy modules that would make my in game pilot life simply better... therefore making owning a lot of credits in game pointless.
Yes but that is the start of your career as a manager rather than a simple pilot.

Yes but that is the start of your career as a manager rather than a simple pilot.
I do feel like being manager of character in game regardless of what I do: which ship to fly, to where, how to outfit it, how to earn credits, what to do when someone is trying to rob ship, etc.
In game all pilots are being called commanders... and I think there is a reason for it. I'm veteran player too so sometimes changes are hard to accept for me as well. Most recent one was getting used to new outfitting style and learning how to deal with ground activities (which was fun, despite many negative reviews I've been reading).
One of perks of being commander should be ability do delegate some of the duties to hired crew but if I want that I'm simply switching to other games and if it is still not enough I can mod some of them to my liking:)

All the lore needed for mining module on fleet carrier is the upkeep cost for a specialized crew to gather tritium and maybe minus a dock to a mining npc ship. Money pay for comfort... this is an universal human rule. The player activity needed is feed carrier with credits.

Top Bottom