Fleet Carrier FAQ

Hi All :)

Just a few questions about Carriers if you please . I don't own a Carrier...yet...and since there's been no new ships in the game for a long time I'm getting a bit 🤔...'ship starved' for want of a better word. I'm contemplating buying one but to be honest I'm wondering if after buying one I'm not going to find a long term use for it.

Anyway some questions if you please though.

1. I couldn't find an answer to this one in the above Op's post. Are there different designs of Carrier for the four main factions? eg....Alliance, Federation, Empire etc. or is there only one. ?
2. After buying one do you have any direct input in the system where it's initially placed?

Any input or advice surrounding these questions gratefully received.

Jack. .:)

1) No, only one.

2) No, and it may not even be in the system of purchase, if there are to many already there it may be moved to a nearby system.

I hope that's clear enough!

Thanks Codger, Ninja'd by about a microsecond!

Are there different designs of Carrier for the four main factions? eg....Alliance, Federation, Empire etc. or is there only one. ?

It's just a big mobile station that you can jump around in, taking all your ships with you. There are no faction alignments. You can buy kits to make it look various ways, but none of those are faction related. You can name it whatever you want, and park it wherever you want (except permit-locked systems).

The only hint at alignment is in paints, as in there are 3 "themed" paintjobs purchasable with Arx
  • imperator (white with blueish stripes, obviously Empire hinted)
  • constitution (grey with redish stripes, obviously Fed hinted)
  • union (grey with greenish stripes, obviously Alliance hinted)

Hi All :)

@Codger
@ Varonica
@ Northpin

Thanks for the answers, Yes, that's clear enough. cheers. (y)

I also wondered why there were quite a few decommissioned Carriers in some systems, and why they should still be showing up on the system map.
Found the answer in the original topic post. So it takes up to a few months?....for the Carrier to be deleted from the system/s map.

Must admit, I find it slightly irritating when I'm targeting an object (station, planet or POI ) and for whatever reason having to re target it on the ships navigation L/H menu. Scrolling up or down can be a bit tedious when there's several (or a hundred in some cases) Carriers shown! 😩....😀
Is there anyway to delete Carrier markers/names in the Left hand navigation system menu of the ships cockpit?

Jack :)

Hi all. Purchased a carrier a week ago and am enjoying the ease of having every ship and module I own in one location and being able to jump around to my heart's content.

A question (or observation with a bit of a whinge thrown in): The only way I can view the cargo my FC is currently carrying is via the Inventory panel from my ship? It seems a rather glaring oversight from FD to not have added a screen to the Carrier Management menu from where you can see at a glance what's in your FC hold (which gets me annoyed at the idiot method they've implemented where the only way to move Tritium from the carrier's hold into the tank is transferring it from the FC hold to your ship and then donating it)!
...Or am I missing something?

Am looking forward to firing up the engines soon and heading off into the black. Am a tad concerned about mining for Tritium but, going by other threads on this board, it seems it's doable (and I quite like mining anyway).

Hi all. Purchased a carrier a week ago and am enjoying the ease of having every ship and module I own in one location and being able to jump around to my heart's content.

A question (or observation with a bit of a whinge thrown in): The only way I can view the cargo my FC is currently carrying is via the Inventory panel from my ship? It seems a rather glaring oversight from FD to not have added a screen to the Carrier Management menu from where you can see at a glance what's in your FC hold (which gets me annoyed at the idiot method they've implemented where the only way to move Tritium from the carrier's hold into the tank is transferring it from the FC hold to your ship and then donating it)!
...Or am I missing something?

Am looking forward to firing up the engines soon and heading off into the black. Am a tad concerned about mining for Tritium but, going by other threads on this board, it seems it's doable (and I quite like mining anyway).
Commodity market?

A question (or observation with a bit of a whinge thrown in): The only way I can view the cargo my FC is currently carrying is via the Inventory panel from my ship?
1642013614918.png

1642013642838.png

1642013652650.png

1642013685538.png

@Bigmaec
@Factabulous

Ah; now that's why I was right to come to this hallowed forum! Checking the Market screen is an easier option although I'd still prefer one screen which listed just the commodities my carrier's holding. Cheers guys.

Mining for tritium?? Surely you can afford to buy it!!!
Well, yes. I've got the cash to fill the hold a few times over but if I wanted to take my carrier to the edge of the galaxy and just stay there for a year or two (which is precisely what I intend doing) and jumping a handful of times per week, I presume I'd run out of Tritium at some point so would need to mine it to keep going (and eventually get back to the Bubble).

Ah; now that's why I was right to come to this hallowed forum! Checking the Market screen is an easier option although I'd still prefer one screen which listed just the commodities my carrier's holding. Cheers guys.
Not the market screen - the market config screen. Under Carrier Admin or under the path I posted

@Bigmaec
@Factabulous

Well, yes. I've got the cash to fill the hold a few times over but if I wanted to take my carrier to the edge of the galaxy and just stay there for a year or two (which is precisely what I intend doing) and jumping a handful of times per week, I presume I'd run out of Tritium at some point so would need to mine it to keep going (and eventually get back to the Bubble).
It helps if you bring a friend to help fight off the space madness.
Oh, an (s)he can help mining also.

@Bigmaec
@Factabulous[/B]

Looks from your sig like you use Inara. The Hangar / Fleet Carrier screen there has a "Cargo" option that shows it all:
cargooo.jpg

Last edited:
@Bigmaec
@Factabulous

If Frontier wanted you out there in the black with a FC mining tritium by yourself and having a good time, they wouldn’t have nerf mining into the dirt.

Hi, I’ve searched the thread for refuel and re-fuel but could not find my question.

With only its base modules enabled can I as the owner refuel my own ships I.e my T9, FDL, Anaconda etc. Or so I need to purchase the refuel module?

Thanks for answering :)

If Frontier wanted you out there in the black with a FC mining tritium by yourself and having a good time, they wouldn’t have nerf mining into the dirt.

It's sometimes hard to tell what frontier intends the gameplay to be with so many mixed messages given. Nerf mining trit so much that it can only be considered trolling, but decrease fuel consumption so you can truck it out a few thousand LY before even 1000 ton is used up.

What is it? an asset you use only near inhabited places or something viable to take out thousands of light years (which is well beyond the size of inhabited space) ?

Top Bottom