Fleet Carrier Management Spreadsheet, Part 1

Some of you might know that for the last few weeks I've been working on a Fleet Carrier Management spreadsheet in Excel (that can also be imported in Google Docs). Some people have said early versions of this were useful, so I thought I'd share the final version with you. You can download the spreadsheet from this link. It is complex however so I've written a guide below on how to use it. Because the forums only allow uploading of 10 images per post, I'm splitting this into two posts.

Sheet-small.jpg

The main panel contains two editable regions. In the top left you can add your Carrier name, and the ID for the carrier (hopefully we'll be able to have custom IDs). For each module that is fitted, in the Fitted column place a "1" and the cell will change to green. You can have a null value or a "0" for a non-fitted service. All the other calculations are handled automatically.

NOTE: If the final cargo and cost amounts change for the full release, these can be edited in the highlighted cells shown. Do NOT edit any other cells, they are set to auto-calculate.

2020-05-28_13-43-10.jpg

If you do not have the Shipyard and/or Outfitting services installed, the relevant components of the spreadsheet will be greyed-out automatically.

2020-05-28_13-59-18.jpg

The Carrier section contains three editable cells, in which you can place the Carrier Location, a Committed until date if you have committed to leave the carrier out in the black (note this should be in the format DD/MM/3307 to get the year right. There is also a Distance from Sol field you can edit.

2020-05-28_13-44-20.jpg

In the Credits section, you can enter the amount of Credits currently transferred to your carrier, and how many of those credits are reserved for upkeep. The Date Recorded field helps prevent you from having to update the credit balance after every weekly upkeep deduction, as it will keep track of things for you instead. Remember to use the date format DD/MM/3306.

2020-05-28_13-44-43.jpg

In the Tritium section, all you need to edit is the current galactic average price for the commodity. Everything else is calculated automatically.

2020-05-28_13-45-04.jpg

The Stats field just has two editable fields. The commissioned date (i.e. the date you purchased the carrier) and the number of ships you personally have stored on it.

NOTE: If the number of lightyears per jump changes for the final release, you can change it here.

2020-05-28_13-45-33.jpg

There is nothing to edit in the Jumps section as this is all calculated automatically based on the amount of Tritium you have, and the galactic average price. If you want to though, you can change some of the destinations and their distance from Sol. Everything else will be calculated for you.

You will notice that the more Tritium you are carrying, the more Tritium you need to make jumps. This is because the "weight" of your carrier has a direct impact on jump distance. I can't remember which Commander here gave me the calculation for this, but a heartfelt thanks to you ๐Ÿ˜€

2020-05-28_13-45-59.jpg

The Earnings panel gives you the option to record stats from your carrier about how many credits it has earned, and how many units of Tritium have been donated.

2020-05-28_13-46-14.jpg

You can find Part 2 of my Fleet Carrier Management Spreadsheet Guide on THIS LINK.

Last edited:
Sweet. Downloaded and made a few modifications: 120T/hr rate on mining and just displaying hours instead of days/hrs seemed more straight forward to me. Also added 9 and 10 jump fuel use rows since 5000Ly is a nice round number to estimate from.

Looks like I need stock about 8500 tons to make my Colonia run with just a bit of mining along the way.

Very helpful!

Sweet. Downloaded and made a few modifications: 120T/hr rate on mining and just displaying hours instead of days/hrs seemed more straight forward to me. Also added 9 and 10 jump fuel use rows since 5000Ly is a nice round number to estimate from.

Looks like I need stock about 8500 tons to make my Colonia run with just a bit of mining along the way.

Very helpful!

I'm pleased you like it and find it editable and understandable ๐Ÿ˜ Note with the Tritium, the more you have, the more you need. You can get to Colonia on about 6,500t but if you were to fill up with 23,000t of Tritium, then it would take about 11,000t to get there. It's an incentive on long trips to do some mining I suppose ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm pleased you like it and find it editable and understandable ๐Ÿ˜ Note with the Tritium, the more you have, the more you need. You can get to Colonia on about 6,500t but if you were to fill up with 23,000t of Tritium, then it would take about 11,000t to get there. It's an incentive on long trips to do some mining I suppose ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh yeah, but it takes that to get one the weight i'll have there. Took 6750 to get from Omega Mining to Colonia in the Beta and I had it the way I would configure (except not buying module packs this time).

I got enough background with Excel to get what you've got going on. Again, thanks for putting that out there!

I got enough background with Excel to get what you've got going on. Again, thanks for putting that out there!

If you make changes and improvements, or update it to suit your own needs, and then wanna repost that updated spreadsheet to the Forums etc. feel free. I'm not prissy about ownership ๐Ÿ˜ Have fun Cmdr

Just a note, I've updated the spreadsheet but only with a minor cosmetic change where the yellow "SERVICES" box wasn't going all the way down the side where it should be ๐Ÿ˜€ you can re-download it if you want the update. Cheers all.

Just done another small update to fix one bug, and to add a profit/loss section to take into account the total accumulated upkeep ๐Ÿ˜€ New version of the spreadsheet is available to download from the same link.

Some of you might know that for the last few weeks I've been working on a Fleet Carrier Management spreadsheet in Excel (that can also be imported in Google Docs). Some people have said early versions of this were useful, so I thought I'd share the final version with you. You can download the spreadsheet from this link. It is complex however so I've written a guide below on how to use it. Because the forums only allow uploading of 10 images per post, I'm splitting this into two posts.

View attachment 174703

The main panel contains two editable regions. In the top left you can add your Carrier name, and the ID for the carrier (hopefully we'll be able to have custom IDs). For each module that is fitted, in the Fitted column place a "1" and the cell will change to green. You can have a null value or a "0" for a non-fitted service. All the other calculations are handled automatically.

NOTE: If the final cargo and cost amounts change for the full release, these can be edited in the highlighted cells shown. Do NOT edit any other cells, they are set to auto-calculate.

View attachment 174716

If you do not have the Shipyard and/or Outfitting services installed, the relevant components of the spreadsheet will be greyed-out automatically.

View attachment 174714

The Carrier section contains three editable cells, in which you can place the Carrier Location, a Committed until date if you have committed to leave the carrier out in the black (note this should be in the format DD/MM/3307 to get the year right. There is also a Distance from Sol field you can edit.

View attachment 174706

In the Credits section, you can enter the amount of Credits currently transferred to your carrier, and how many of those credits are reserved for upkeep. The Date Recorded field helps prevent you from having to update the credit balance after every weekly upkeep deduction, as it will keep track of things for you instead. Remember to use the date format DD/MM/3306.

View attachment 174708

In the Tritium section, all you need to edit is the current galactic average price for the commodity. Everything else is calculated automatically.

View attachment 174709

The Stats field just has two editable fields. The commissioned date (i.e. the date you purchased the carrier) and the number of ships you personally have stored on it.

NOTE: If the number of lightyears per jump changes for the final release, you can change it here.

View attachment 174710

There is nothing to edit in the Jumps section as this is all calculated automatically based on the amount of Tritium you have, and the galactic average price. If you want to though, you can change some of the destinations and their distance from Sol. Everything else will be calculated for you.

You will notice that the more Tritium you are carrying, the more Tritium you need to make jumps. This is because the "weight" of your carrier has a direct impact on jump distance. I can't remember which Commander here gave me the calculation for this, but a heartfelt thanks to you ๐Ÿ˜€

View attachment 174711

The Earnings panel gives you the option to record stats from your carrier about how many credits it has earned, and how many units of Tritium have been donated.

View attachment 174712

You can find Part 2 of my Fleet Carrier Management Spreadsheet Guide on THIS LINK.
This is beautiful.

View attachment 174703

View attachment 174716

View attachment 174714

View attachment 174706

View attachment 174708

View attachment 174709

View attachment 174710

View attachment 174711

View attachment 174712

Amazing job. Very well done! Thank you for this.

Does this spreadsheet tell me how many tons are required for the ship stock and includes the Sidewinder?

I'm not sure what's worse. That players think they need spreadsheets to play a game, that the developers have created a game that needs spreadsheets to play it, or that you think your carrier will be popular enough to require any management at all.

I'm not sure what's worse. That players think they need spreadsheets to play a game, that the developers have created a game that needs spreadsheets to play it, or that you think your carrier will be popular enough to require any management at all.

I just have a thing about spreadsheets ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคช

View attachment 174703

View attachment 174716

View attachment 174714

View attachment 174706

View attachment 174708

View attachment 174709

View attachment 174710

View attachment 174711

View attachment 174712

Thanks for this, it's really useful :)

Top Bottom