Fleet Carrier stuck, then jumped without me

I ordered the FC to jump 499,27 Ly, and sat there in dock waiting for the jump to happend. Then the timer hit zero and the fuel went down. So I headed out with a small ship, just to see that we had not left the starting point, Anlave. So I returned to the ship, just to get the error "Scarlet Krait" and the game crashed. After entering again I entered 10 Km from the FC, so I landed again. But on touchdown, "Scarlet Krait" again. Then when I entered the game the 2nd time I heard the FC jump away. So now it's 500 Ly away, and I'm stuck in a Courier with 20 Ly jump range. So I have to order it back. That game crash cost me something like 50 million in fuel.

I'm having a similar issue. I'm curious if it's like yours. I schedule a jump, there is no announcements, timer hits zero, nothing happens. When I open the galaxy map it appears the ship has jumped, but I'm sitting in the original system 500 Ly away. I had this happen pre-patch once before but it seemed to rectify itself. Basically, the ship is in two places at once. I submitted a bug report (as I did previously) but haven't heard anything.

If you check Galaxy map, you will see that the FC is reported as in the target system, and your ships onboard the FC is reported as in the current system. Then if you relog to the game you will be in the FC in target system. Whatever you do, don't launch, then your FC will jump and leave you stuck.

If you check Galaxy map, you will see that the FC is reported as in the target system, and your ships onboard the FC is reported as in the current system. Then if you relog to the game you will be in the FC in target system. Whatever you do, don't launch, then your FC will jump and leave you stuck.
this happened to me tonight, the jump never happened. timer stuck at 00.00.01 I waited for the cool down just to see but found that although still in original system FC reported as in target system. Thought it must be a bug so exited to home screen and restarted game and all was well again. First time this has happened to me, usually I just noodle on a guitar while waiting to jump but this time I was going through the options in the Codex options, so maybe that had something to do with it, back to noodling tomorrow. :cool:

FC jumping without you is a known issue. Report it every time it happens and maybe they'll do something about it.

A workaround is to quit the game (not all the way out), and go back in after the jump. You'll always be with your FC after that.

Top Bottom