Notice Fleet Carrier Update - Known Issues

Honestly that was a bad idea - one minute search on the issue tracker gives at least 4 other same reports.
and so on...

Except in my case it's happening regardless of what I've targeted. Nav beacons, stations, planetary targets. All the issues you referenced targeting Fleet Carriers. The common denominator may well be with Carriers being in the system

Except in my case it's happening regardless of what I've targeted. Nav beacons, stations, planetary targets. All the issues you referenced targeting Fleet Carriers. The common denominator may well be with Carriers being in the system
Yep, i haven't looked too deep in that issue, but so far the presence of - multiple? - carriers is the most common point regarding nav. locked target changing.
IMO, comments for the most recent patch notes is a good place to combine commanders efforts in reporting/confirming/up-voting those issues (and finding common points/most probable causes of them) (and not a good place to discuss the most appropriate criteria to distinguish cheating/exploiting/punishing =))

Anyone else getting loss of target when going into low wake or more frustratingly when dropping into orbital glide? It's happening regularly to me since this weeks patch. Never had an issue with it before.
Like this..?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX7Zrb_BxJE
or this..?
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJt34JvQEU

Been like it for at least 6 months or so, I get it all the time, I just give up on this POS bugfest excuse for a game.
Reported, dismissed, reported again and posted here with a list of other issues, trolled off the forum, I had to request my own thread locked.

The second is intentional apparently, never mind the fact you HAVE to slow down in SC to interdict things, mission targets, NPC's, players and your target vanishes, trying to turn anaconda's at full speed so you dont lose target lock is moronic.

Frontier are a joke!

Last edited:
The second is intentional apparently, never mind the fact you HAVE to slow down in SC to interdict things, mission targets, NPC's, players and your target vanishes, trying to turn anaconda's at full speed so you dont lose target lock is moronic.

Frontier are a joke!
It could be that even some NPC's don't run around at full throttle all the time.
Result, you have to slow down to get within the 50 DEG cone behind them to get the interdictor to lock.
I know that when I think an NPC is stalking me, I set throttle to 5% so the NPC must get very close since the tether length is speed dependent and so the cone is as small as possible to get me locked. A very short tether, a small cone so less room to maneuver in and low speed means the NPC has less momentum to create force with to pull me off the escape target.

Like this..?

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX7Zrb_BxJE
or this..?
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDJt34JvQEU

Been like it for at least 6 months or so, I get it all the time, I just give up on this POS bugfest excuse for a game.
Reported, dismissed, reported again and posted here with a list of other issues, trolled off the forum, I had to request my own thread locked.

Frontier are a joke!
Nope that's a different issue, I haven't had any issue with target in combat, that really sucks. I only noticed this in the last few days and it only happened to me when entering low wake or entering orbital glide. I think this issue occurs when there are carriers in the system. Others are having the same issue when they target a carrier and enter low wake, I have only had it happen when targeting a system body or a target on a body or a nav beacon. But I have only had this issue in systems that have a carrier.

Last edited:
Any one seen the bug where carriers are in two parts as as you come out of FSD, as i've come across a few that as i approach after dropping out of FSD i find some carriers landing pads are some distants away from the carrier body and on asking to dock the two parts merge.

Does anyone have problems docking at fleet carrier?
When I enter the FC instace it's not shown in contacts panel.

Last week I opened a ticket for this exact problem (since I couldn't find any thread or smthng on the issue tracker)
I waited for two days and had not been contacted yet.
Since I had to scratch that Elite itch I just explored the area a bit, returned to FC still nothing.
The next day tried again but still to no avail.
Jumped it to the next system and to another planet, still nothing :(

Suddenly about 10 km out the ATR contacted me and it re appeared in the contacts panel again.
Ok, weird. Docked, undocked, left instance, entered instance, it all seemed fine.

Now 4 days later the same problem..Nothing in the contacts panel. what Fdev.!!

Anyone else?

o7

O/Z

For my part, I am trying to understand what the implementation of the Fleet Carriers had to do with Private Group and Wing Operations.

Anyone else having problems joining a Private Group?
OR
After you manage to join, are you able to join a Wing.
OR
If you do get winded up, do you mysteriously completely lose your wing-mate(s) and not be able to get back into wing.
OR
If you lost the Wing-mate and both display PRIVATE GROUP MODE, do you completely lose all contact even when you land both ships on a planet at the same location?

Weirder still, through all of this do yo keep voice/text comms with them??

I mean, lets face it,, one of the primary reasons for Fleet Carriers is as a mobile base for a wing/squadron maybe in a Private Group.

I'm seeing an issue where I can no longer watch my own carrier arrive from a hyperspace jump. If I drop out of SC and wait for it to appear at the POI, I get an instant crash to desktop the moment it is scheduled to arrive. It's happen three times in a row and in all different systems. Anyone experiencing this by any chance?

The once I tried to drop into my arrival POI I crashed, but I was experiencing other crash issues that day and so didn't think anything of it.

I just started the game back up after a year away. Got all set in VR, figured I'd pick up in my Anaconda farming some guardian stuff to upgrade my Corvette ...

... all the guardian sites are gone. No POI's anywhere in the systems I had previously bookmarked. I just assumed I had been away so long they deleted my sites and I'd have to go elsewhere. Glad I spent 4 hours making all those jumps to find out it was a bug all along. Has this really been broken for months??

I just started the game back up after a year away. Got all set in VR, figured I'd pick up in my Anaconda farming some guardian stuff to upgrade my Corvette ...

... all the guardian sites are gone. No POI's anywhere in the systems I had previously bookmarked. I just assumed I had been away so long they deleted my sites and I'd have to go elsewhere. Glad I spent 4 hours making all those jumps to find out it was a bug all along. Has this really been broken for months??
I was out at several Guardian sites around 10 days ago - they were all where I left them previously... but you are not the first to mention their loss ;)

4 hours to jump less than 1KLy - yep, you need the FSD Booster 🍻

... and there were many Fleet Carriers in system too...

Check if you have horizons activated on site. I was loosing car 2 times, just steam key was gone from site for some reason. Had to reenter.

I was out at several Guardian sites around 10 days ago - they were all where I left them previously... but you are not the first to mention their loss ;)

4 hours to jump less than 1KLy - yep, you need the FSD Booster 🍻

... and there were many Fleet Carriers in system too...

I jumped to a half dozen sites over thousands of lightyears. I also spent some time refitting my ship for the trip. I'm hoping it's something on my end I haven't kept up with, but like I said, I have been gone since 2018.

Check if you have horizons activated on site. I was loosing car 2 times, just steam key was gone from site for some reason. Had to reenter.
Seems to be. When I start the game on Steam, I select Elite Dangerous: Horizons. I checked the Frontier website to be sure and it shows me a key for Horizons. When I got to my bookmarked systems, there are no guardian POIs on my HUD or in the nav menu. I tried scanning and flying up close, but I seem to recall them just showing up on planetary surfaces. When I first logged on, I was on a planet at an engineer, so I'm assuming Horizons is working.

Top Bottom