Notice Fleet Carrier Update - Known Issues

Seems to be. When I start the game on Steam, I select Elite Dangerous: Horizons. I checked the Frontier website to be sure and it shows me a key for Horizons. When I got to my bookmarked systems, there are no guardian POIs on my HUD or in the nav menu. I tried scanning and flying up close, but I seem to recall them just showing up on planetary surfaces. When I first logged on, I was on a planet at an engineer, so I'm assuming Horizons is working.
Have you tried with a clean install? If you have been away for a year there have been a number of updates and patches and maybe client side hasn’t updated properly.

I jumped to a half dozen sites over thousands of lightyears. I also spent some time refitting my ship for the trip. I'm hoping it's something on my end I haven't kept up with, but like I said, I have been gone since 2018.
Sadly I'm not in the bubble currently or would have offered to flit out with you to one I visted recently - your issue sounds 'interesting' and I'm wondering if you wing up with someone if that would help. Anyone in the locality willing to do a test with the OP?

Thanks for the explanation - I had images of 100 jumps in an unengineered ship... (y)

I was out at several Guardian sites around 10 days ago - they were all where I left them previously... but you are not the first to mention their loss ;)

4 hours to jump less than 1KLy - yep, you need the FSD Booster 🍻

... and there were many Fleet Carriers in system too...

I found lots of braintrees out by ngc3603 the permiot locked region but a few people went out to find them recently all gone and i was told i was lying :cautious: :cautious: I wonder is this related

I noticed something similar myself post FC update, but was told I was misremembering, so I assumed that I was. Good news if it's the same thing you're seeing: They're not gone, they just don't show up on your Nav immediately, which is how I remembered it working (provided you'd properly scanned the system/planets first, of course).

Approach the planet in SC until the little "target circles" show up on the surface, then move your ship's nose around until the one you're looking for "pops" and lock on to it. It can be a bit of a bear though if there are 40 geo/bio sites on the planet as well.

Well, still no change. The launcher says "SERVER STATUS OK". Took 7 minutes to get one account to actually get logged in.
Well, still no change. The launcher says "SERVER STATUS OK". Took 10 minutes to get both accounts to actually get log in.
Both said they were in Private Group while both were saying the other was in solo.

Just started playing on PC yesterday, been playing on the Xbox since the beta and am off to a pretty solid start and while outfitting my DBX I got the infamous "Black Adder" error and haven't been able to get back on for half an hour now.

Real good move, I finally get a good PC built and like/ed the game so much I started completely over to play with better graphics and functionalities and I'm getting shafted here. At this rate the Xbox version is at least more stable.

1599796445564.png

Last edited:
Sorry. But I'm going to necro this thread as, since Odyssey go-live the CTD from carrier jumping is happening to me every time. Added to existing ticket.

Raising this for awareness.

If a mod or anyone esle feels this not have been posted, please report/delete.

And not able to purchase anything from FCs either. It shows there's stock, but then after you click buy it just says "Transaction canceled: out of stock"

Probably not FC related but I just got a message from a Mysterious Stranger and all the message says is it Expires 10/06/3307. Nothing else. Now that is mysterious ;-)

Top Bottom