Fleet carrier upgrade and engineering for long range exploration.

I don't want to have to do that, I just want better range without me having to grind anything. And I want remote fueling.
Sorry but I agree with the developers when they say that nothing should be given for free in this game.

If you were in War Gaming you'd have to pay a monthly premium, buy gold for your ships and so on, REAL MONEY, here, all you have to do are some missions everyone can do, why not you?

Fine, but I disagree that fixing them to be the way they should've been from the start is 'giving for free'.
Right... Do you get a 60 Ly Anaconda without upgrade and engineering?

As far as I know, all ships in this game start with low stock specs, those Carriers are not different, if an upgrade and engineering system had been implemented from their introduction in the game you wouldn't be complaining but complying.

I find the capability to transport my small fleet from Wolf 363 to Colonia at once a very good capability, our grivence about jump range and cost are not more justified than pesting about having to farm materials for getting our Anacondas to 69+ Ly range except that we don't have the possibility to upgrade and engineer them.

Right... Do you get a 60 Ly Anaconda without upgrade and engineering?
Not the same thing. Were you here when FCs were first offered? Tritium was cheap and plentiful everywhere, even Colonia. You could mine it using SSD very fast, as well. Hotspots mattered.

All that got nerfed, and it should not have been. I want it back the way it was when I paid my 5 billion for the FC.

Thwarptide

Banned
Either remove the guns on the otherwise indestructible platform or give em shields, guns let us freely fly the thing as we can every ship. (Slow boat to China as it may be)
If it gets blowed up, roughly a $250 million buy back plus buy backs for any ships on it.

Last edited:
Either remove the guns on the otherwise indestructible platform or give em shields, guns let us freely fly the thing as we can every ship. (Slow boat to China as it may be)
If it gets blowed up, roughly a $250 million buy back plus buy backs for any ships on it.
If we get the same upgrade and engineering options for carriers then it will be up to each player to chose which ones suits them the best, I fly some of my ships unarmed some without shileds like the Python I use now in CEOS for passenger transport missions.

Each solution can be optimized with different upgrades depending on what we need/want, so it will add a lot to the game only this way even before having to farm new materials (like new Guardian FSD boosters) and have new equipment such as automatic cargo fuel transfer, new engineers.

The possibilities are many, including your proposal to chose between shielding and weaponry or weight toballance range and survivability, rest the question of how much material we'll have to farm and the cost of each upgrade.

But personally I think we need hose options because those carriers have a lot of potential and right now we can't use them to the full.

Understanding weights in relation to a carrier is the most important thing for exploration with a carrier.

The heavier the carrier the more Tritium required for each jump so the lighter you can keep it the less Tritium you will need to mine.

The only things that weigh are carrier modules, shipyard and outfitting packs and cargo. Your own ships and spare modules do NOT weigh anything as far as carrier weight is concerned so you can take up to your or the carrier limits (40 ships, 200 modules) without it affecting carrier weight.

I am a single player out in the black and for me Shipyard, Outfitting and Secure Warehouse are not needed, a saving of 5,000t carrier weight and in my case extra cargo capacity if needed.

I carry spare modules that I have never even fitted into a ship (apart from when purchasing them) Various limpet controllers, extra fuel tanks and scoops etc just in case and I have flown back to both the bubble and Colonia in an explorer type ship to purchase and have shipped back to my carrier newer modules that have just become available.

Take a look at my carrier, link in sig, I am both an miner and explorer that spends a lot of time out in the black.
I was considering to travel even lighter without refuel and redemption office. You think those are necessary?

Thwarptide

Banned
I was considering to travel even lighter without refuel and redemption office. You think those are necessary?
Rearm, refuel svc are necessary for most carrier cmdrs. Redemption office, depends on your own agenda. For mine its not needed.
Others who use theirs for trading mass amounts find the commodity mod is mandatory.

He is right but again it is all about what we want to do with our Carriers.

I plan to make it a platform to use for the fuel Rats and will need all those capabilities so they can dock, refuel, repair, reload, use it as a base far from base, so it is not exactly the same as pure exploration where losing weight can help anyway the same way as it does for any other ship.

I left Rodentia yesterday at 11:25am and made it to Wredguia WD-K d8-74 near Ceos today at 10:13am, but I used nearly 5,749 tons of fuel for44 jumps, I couldn't go to Ceos for lack of space, too many carriers, I still don't have a Shipyard and Outfitting, I have a Redemption Office which I use myself to collect my bounties once RTB, Armoury, Repair and Refuel.

If you need to minimize your Tritium consumption his solution is viable, but in my case, I'll need to carry all of this weight where my Carrier will be needed..

Redemption allows you to cash in the other items sometimes found while exploring ie probe scans and biologicals, refuel is handy, I am a miner so some of my ships are not equipped with fuel scoops and I need to be able to refuel them.

With a carrier it gives you the advantage of setting up a ship or two for local use and that can mean you loose the scoops of of them, this is where some of my spare scoops carried as modules come from.

Thwarptide

Banned
left Rodentia yesterday at 11:25am and made it to Wredguia WD-K d8-74 near Ceos today at 10:13am, but I used nearly 5,749 tons of fuel for44 jumps, I couldn't go to Ceos for lack of space, too many carriers
My FC is at Wredguia TH-U cq16-20, one jump from Sothis and 2 from you. I’m headed to the bubble in a bit to grab some trit to top off a friends tank while he recovers from surgery. I noticed all but 2 or 3 FC’s in your system need trit. I’ve got room for an extra 600 tons if you’d like me to top off your tank.

Update: I found the Charles De Gaulle , yep, you can do with 600T

Last edited:
My FC is at Wredguia TH-U cq16-20, one jump from Sothis and 2 from you. I’m headed to the bubble in a bit to grab some trit to top off a friends tank while he recovers from surgery. I noticed all but 2 or 3 FC’s in your system need trit. I’ve got room for an extra 600 tons if you’d like me to top off your tank.
Thanks for the proposal!

At the moment I'm doing tourists transport in Ceos (the Syrius Atmospheric mission from Brunel Hub) and make credit first, then I'll buy my Anaconda which I had to sell to save my Corvette which I lost to a freak swarm of enemy ships in colonia (no bounties or wanted warning on me???) I normaly use the Conda foir those missions and can make up to 10/15 million per rotation in about 12 mn...

Right now I am limited to my Python, about 20% less capacity and return so it will take time to recover, after that I'm not sure what I'll do, but if you're still in my Python range, I could buy Tritium from you, no problem, just keep me posted!

I'll have my Anaconda back in a few mn after that I can start doing transport mission again. the fit for this ship is minimal, all cabins (10; mix of first class, and other) no shield, passengers pay between 450.000 to 1.8 million per cabin, most of the time above 1.0 million.

Last edited:

Thwarptide

Banned
Yep, Your tank will be close to full in about 45min to an hr then.
Are you sure you’re not doing passenger missions at Robigo mines?
I prefer doing charity work. No recompense required. Thats what being mind boggling rich is all about.

Last edited:
Yep, Your tank will be close to full in about 45min to an hr then.
Are you sure you’re not doing passenger missions at Robigo mines?
No, Brunel Hub. it's OK there too I suppose.

I already managed to cover the cost of the Anaconda and I'm taking it to Brunel where I will refit it for this mission.

Last edited:
Play it in solo so you don't end up with a clutter of commanders doing the same.

I'm in my second rotation, 10 cabs, 9 above 1.0 million one above 900.000, but the more cabs you have the more difficult it is to fill them up with 1.0 million tickets.

And another thing, sometimes a nutter ask for you to kill someone which mean you're gonna be interdicted and attacked, since I don't have any shield it's a big issue, so be careful to have a good look at the messages and disembark the guy before leaving the station. The other issue is the station autopilot sending my ship crashing in the walls, I end up with 64% hull damage and cancelled missions.

Other than that it's rather smooth.

For the number of rotation per hour, it's more like 4/5 because you need to embark and disembark your passengers, but it takes roughly between 10 and 12 mn depending on the position of the station and planet that can cause the jump target to be obscured.

If anyone wonder how I managed to pay for my Carrier, that is it!

Last edited:

Thwarptide

Banned
Your FC was at 30% fuel, now your at 98%, so you’re sitting real pretty now.
(You’re Need has given me an idea though)

At Robigo mines my stripped down Python stocked with business passenger cabins (7).
I can turn around every 20 minutes, 18 if I hustle for over 22 million a trip.
Haven’t done that in way over 3 months though. I’m enjoying pulling in a mere 30 million a day making pew pew in CZs, running amuck in the bubble. 👍
I never play open. I don’t sell tritium either. I merely like to donate sometimes. I’m too filthy rich to be greedy.
At your service, Cmdr

Your FC was at 30% fuel, now your at 98%, so you’re sitting real pretty now.
(You’re Need has given me an idea though)

At Robigo mines my stripped down Python stocked with business passenger cabins (7).
I can turn around every 20 minutes, 18 if I hustle for over 22 million a trip.
Haven’t done that in way over 3 months though. I’m enjoying pulling in a mere 30 million a day making pew pew in CZs, running amuck in the bubble. 👍
I never play open. I don’t sell tritium either. I merely like to donate sometimes. I’m too filthy rich to be greedy.
At your service, Cmdr
Thanks a lot!

You're right, there are still ways to make money out there, my solution was to pile up a lot of credit here in CEOS and then get off somewhere with my Carrier but I have been a little disapointed with Colonia, although I don't know all the tricks there, I ended up losing more than I gained for this trip.

Now I can go after the remaining 55% for my Combat ranking to Elite, I'll be posted at Wolf 363 which is the best Bounty Hunting system I saw so far, I might be doing some mining and trading for breaks too.

Once again thanks a lot!

Thwarptide

Banned
Thanks a lot!

You're right, there are still ways to make money out there, my solution was to pile up a lot of credit here in CEOS and then get off somewhere with my Carrier but I have been a little disapointed with Colonia, although I don't know all the tricks there, I ended up losing more than I gained for this trip.

Now I can go after the remaining 55% for my Combat ranking to Elite, I'll be posted at Wolf 363 which is the best Bounty Hunting system I saw so far, I might be doing some mining and trading for breaks too.

Once again thanks a lot!
A great fast way to get ranked up is in CZ’s . I initially tried fighting thargoid scouts; and while that works, its still slow while you have to look for em and the money stinks
Started doing CZ missions (expert and master only) in low intensity zones and boy I ranked up fast and was was compensated nicely for the effort. With combat bonds included, one can pull in around 18 million an hr. Theres always a conflict going in either Sothis Ceos or Robigo. I leave Robigo alone though, those are pointless.

Top Bottom