ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers - Content Reveal Announcement

So, question: if we're setting commodity prices, does that mean we're managing an inventory, too? Are we risking taking a bath with generous sell prices when we go to sell off our stock at a real station?

1585236251616-png.166876

I never noticed the giant space endowment dangling below- is this new?
Death ray upgrade: 10bil cr.

Or just pads with no hangers?
Hmmm ... possible, I suppose. Would that mean outfitting in space rather than a hangar? The teaser video last year showed the hangar elevator on a carrier going down. That could be just for ship-turning purposes, or just way-pre-beta demo footage.

Wonder how accurate that article statement is... :unsure:

From article....

"to support the weekly upkeep costs, from wear and tear maintenance to crew wages and Tritium, a new fuel commodity needed to power the megaships. "

"but they will also need to plan and balance their finances to cover running costs, as persistent debt that eventually exceeds the debt threshold could see carriers decommissioned and sold for parts. "

Interesting.

after 4 years and ~4k hrs ingame, I still only have about 1.5bn cash

That's enough for a big ol' mining vessel. Top miners make over 250 MCR/h. I'm closer to 100-150 MCR/h because I suck, but even assuming you're as bad at it as I am, you're 35 hours away from FC money. You can probably do that before June. (I know, I know, it's boring. Audiobooks and podcasts help a lot.)

I'm probably stretching here, but those pictures do appear to show the Carrier around various different planets. I wonder if the method of jumping includes designating one to appear around (rather than the star), since we cannot pilot them manually. It makes sense in my head at least. Maybe within a certain LS distance... or would that be cheating? :p

First - this is awesome news. I have been waiting on this for so long, and am very excited to finally hear more. Kudos to the team!

Second ... Serious question ... where do the ships go?

The landing pads on the carrier appear to be nose-to-tail. Station hangars in game are not directly underneath the pads, but "ahead" of them, in the direction of the landing, which for most pads in that image would be underneath another pad. Similar thing with the sliding pad that rolls out over the opening when your ship takes the elevator down to the hangar ... slides out from "ahead" of the pad.

New hangar layout? Multiple folded quantum dimensions inside the carrier granting it Tardis-like expandability? New "stretch" carrier layout to accommodate station-like hangars?

/pedant
Picture reveals a dock beneath
1585239550418.png

I'm probably stretching here, but those pictures do appear to show the Carrier around various different planets. I wonder if the method of jumping includes designating one to appear around (rather than the star), since we cannot pilot them manually. It makes sense in my head at least. Maybe within a certain LS distance... or would that be cheating? :p
That's a good point, they dont appear to be at the entry point to a system near the star, so there must be a way to choose the body? I wonder how this works in uncharted space?

All good - new is good!

First - this is awesome news. I have been waiting on this for so long, and am very excited to finally hear more. Kudos to the team!

Second ... Serious question ... where do the ships go?

The landing pads on the carrier appear to be nose-to-tail. Station hangars in game are not directly underneath the pads, but "ahead" of them, in the direction of the landing, which for most pads in that image would be underneath another pad. Similar thing with the sliding pad that rolls out over the opening when your ship takes the elevator down to the hangar ... slides out from "ahead" of the pad.

New hangar layout? Multiple folded quantum dimensions inside the carrier granting it Tardis-like expandability? New "stretch" carrier layout to accommodate station-like hangars?

/pedant
Orrrrrr... get this.... the pad lowers straight down and is the hangar 🤯🤯🤯

Awesome, I had a feeling an announcement was coming. Great to see new content on the way. Very excited for carriers. In the mean time I'm off to hit up Borann :)

Wonder how accurate that article statement is... :unsure:

All speculation as of now of course, but I hope there are some safeguards to prevent player set prices from becoming an easy means for selling credits for real world money. It seems a Fleet Carrier might be a "gold seller's" dream resource.

Top Bottom