ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers - Content Reveal Recap

It's not a typo. According to Stephen @ FDev this is to limit people buying the carriers in beta so more people (who can't afford them) will test the docking part and utilizing other peoples carriers.

That's official from FDev.

Wow... :(

I have no further questions... I just hope that the second beta will be a bit more "approachable". I can afford it, but I was hoping that most of us debating here and speculating will be able to test what it really is... It's just sad

EDIT: For scientific reasons, I will be of course testing it with both of my accounts, as an owner and as a visitor

Last edited:
Wow... :(

I have no further questions... I just hope that the second beta will be a bit more "approachable". I can afford it, but I was hoping that most of us debating here and speculating will be able to test what it really is... It's just sad

EDIT: For scientific reasons, I will be of course testing it with both of my accounts, as an owner and as a visitor

I think few people will be able to afford to take the fleet carrier with the first beta, think that I have reached 2 billion after 1 month, it really takes too long, if there had been an increase in earnings it was more feasible, the fact does not make sense who want to test how many people interact with the fleet carrier since sincerely speaking people would take it more to own it than to use that of others

I think few people will be able to afford to take the fleet carrier with the first beta, think that I have reached 2 billion after 1 month, it really takes too long, if there had been an increase in earnings it was more feasible, the fact does not make sense who want to test how many people interact with the fleet carrier since sincerely speaking people would take it more to own it than to use that of others

Mining & exploration have had the potential to pay out huge sums for over a year now (compared to previous earning potential), there are plenty of players who can easily afford to buy one of these things. There are fewer that are likely to have a specific use in mind but there will be loads of them around in the beta :)

The 1h+1h cooldown for sure have gameplay design decisions behind it.

For sure they don't want Carriers zipping around the bubble converging to choke-points or to whatever action zones in seconds or minutes.
So each jump must be the result of previous planning

Q. What happened to the support vessels?
A. We examined the concept of predefined load-outs through the use of support vessels, but they restricted the level of customisation that we wanted Fleet Carriers to have. We removed the support vessels and changed it so that Fleet Carrier owners had more control of the Fleet Carriers' customisation.
Translation: We saved a bunch of time and money by not bothering to design and implement the few extra ship designs it would take to do this and instead spent the six extra months you so generously gave us just faffing about.

No, the translation is exactly what Stephen said it was, and i'm really happy they took the decision to remove the Support Vessels

Not sure how they were designed to work, but most probably you could have a single support ship, that is a single role and a single outfitting option at a time for your carrier.
As it is now, i can have all the roles added to my Carrier.
So cheers FD for this 👍

The 1h+1h cooldown for sure have gameplay design decisions behind it.

For sure they don't want Carriers zipping around the bubble converging to choke-points or to whatever action zones in seconds or minutes.
So each jump must be the result of previous planning
It's all about the title. I just shouldn't have called them FC. I've been calling them just MOVING OUTPOSTS for quite a while. Then the waiting and preparation for the jump look even underestimated.

Either this, although I think it is the last resort type solution... or, allowing UC on the FC with XY% penalty for selling it there by the owner, but maybe allowing also tariffs applied to it when sold by others at your FC. And believe me, I would rather sell exploration data for as low as 10% of its actual value as long as I do not have to travel to Colonia, Sag A or Bubble to sell it at a station so I can "keep up with the upkeep"

My main issue with this is that it defeats the concept behind exploration data. Selling it to your own FC doesn't make much sense in general as why does your FC want it? It's also essentially selling something to yourself. And, as you know, the value in exploration data is selling it as far away as possible from where you acquired it. So I still think you need to go to stations to sell it. The benefit of manually storing it your FC is being able to go further and further into the black and not feeling "nervous" about dying and losing all that data. It allows a safety net, so to speak, for your data.

I think the solution is being able to customize FC loadouts. If they had a few base packages right off the get go, and then dozens of packages to unlock in order to purchase, all with their own multiple tiered levels, that would be nice. More packages installed means more weekly maintenance fees. Aside from the fact the current maintenance fees are too high, one thing explorers could do is only purchase the bare minimum of packages that they needed. Why install packages you won't use?

So going on an exploration journey you may be out in the black for let's say a month, maybe your maintenance fees during that time is only 4-5 million. But it's not required or necessary to earn money weekly in order to offset or put a dent into weekly maintenance fees. The mindset should be, I will pay X amount while on my journey, but when I get back to the bubble to sell my data, I will make 100 times that or whatnot.

Selling it to your own FC doesn't make much sense in general as why does your FC want it?

It doesnt, the Pilots federation wants it. I use my ultra long range antenna to send it to them while they put the credits in my savings account in exchange. Other people can use my antenna as well for 3% fee

No, the translation is exactly what Stephen said it was, and i'm really happy they took the decision to remove the Support Vessels

Not sure how they were designed to work, but most probably you could have a single support ship, that is a single role and a single outfitting option at a time for your carrier.
So cheers FD for this 👍
Nothing like this. Do not justify the blatant negligence and lies of Frontier. In fact, they were too lazy to work out the design and capabilities of each of the support ships, they really wanted to meet the deadline. How do you know that in the current fleet carrier all functions are combined? I really doubt it! I'm just sure that the support ship for the combat version (mercenary, pirate) could not only stand up for itself, but also independently attack the enemy forces. Mining ship - digging ore more productively. Research ship - would explore further and faster. And now we have been given a sketch, a draft, a stub, a stump - but call it what you like.

Have the devs communicated at all about this beta period being an opportunity to make changes to the implementation?
Or is the beta period solely about bug fixes?

If the former, FDev, please, please implement the ability to:
  1. pool money as a squadron and assign FC permissions via squadron ranks
  2. base maintenance fees start at 1 million and go up depending on what services you offer
  3. 1 Tritium = 2 Light Years
  4. Countdown and Cooldown periods are halved to 30 minutes
  5. You can overcharge your FSD for 15 minute countdown, but 1 Tritium = 1 Light Year

It doesnt, the Pilots federation wants it. I use my ultra long range antenna to send it to them while they put the credits in my savings account in exchange. Other people can use my antenna as well for 3% fee

I have always had the mindset that wireless transfer in the future is actually the least secure form as there's always pirates and adversaries hoping to intercept the transmission. The whole reason for manually delivering data, whether poll data, exploration data, etc., is because it is more secure to physically deliver it.

Nothing like this. Do not justify the blatant negligence and lies of Frontier. In fact, they were too lazy to work out the design and capabilities of each of the support ships, they really wanted to meet the deadline. How do you know that in the current fleet carrier all functions are combined? I really doubt it! I'm just sure that the support ship for the combat version (mercenary, pirate) could not only stand up for itself, but also independently attack the enemy forces. Mining ship - digging ore more productively. Research ship - would explore further and faster. And now we have been given a sketch, a draft, a stub, a stump - but call it what you like.
I got it right you : Automatic earning tool for maintenance removed and maintenance costs left ?

Because i watched the stream.
Did you watched it?

You can fit everything on the carrier now, if you can afford the costs and the maintenance fee of course
This stream you are talking about is real profanity. You do not believe everything that they say to you on television? So with this stream as well.

So cheers FD for this 👍
I'd happily take the middle ground. Flexible carrier as it it now is and the support vessels as optional purchase to emphasize a particular role. Some of them were seriously pretty, sad to not get them in the game.

This stream you are talking about is real profanity. You do not believe everything that they say to you on television? So with this stream as well.

Beta test on PC is starting today.
You dont need to believe. Just do the Beta and check for yourself or watch the beta section of the forum

Top Bottom