Fleet Carriers grind fail

I am using a dophin anyway, I can turn that into a mining ship? It ain't munch good for high level passenger missions. So its just a joke too me.
Another thing you can do is passenger missions from Robigo that give around 100 mil per hour using a Python. you'll have enough money for a Python after a couple of hours using your Dolphin. I still think it's better to sell your Dolphin and get a T6, but the Dolphin will work. Watch the video in detail and don't skip. Pay attention to the bit about Road to Riches and about storing a cabin to fit a fuel scoop.
Final loadout for Dolphin
Final Loadout for T6

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgryUKgWeAs&t=142s

Two easy ways to make a decent income as a nooblet with little experience or effort:

Exploration: Easy to do in any ship, passive income that takes very little effort and very little traveling outside of your normal traveling. Mostly you just have to get far enough from the sun it doesnt block your FSS.
1)Every jump into a system ( unless your positive you have been there before) should be a scan followed by an FSS check.
2) If you map planets learn which ones are worth mapping. High metal and ones that are terraformable are the most profitable. Distance from the sun matters. I wouldnt spend a lot of time mapping, maybe something to change it up a bit. Most other planets are worthless to fly to to map.
3) Once you are in the habit of scan/FSS systems you will find you make good passive income doing things related to engineers or missions that require multiple jumps( in a base cobra you will jump a lot). I made 2.5 million going to Maia to grab a meta alloy for felicity farseer that was one way 24 jumps and all i did was scan and FSS. Didnt make anything on the way back as i wanted to burn home and move on to other stuff. I think i spent about 90 min traveling one way with FSS and a few planet maps.

Courier missions: These are great for a newbie if you set them up right.
1) Find a system with at least 2 but 3 or 4 are better ports within 1000 LS of the sun. No planet ports, they are a faff.
2) Collect courier missions from every mission agent in every port that you can for a specific system 1 ( or 2 max) jumps out. I think you can hold 20-25 missions at a time.
3) Jump to that system turn in all the missions and pick up ones back to that system( or a new system if you want) but make sure they all go to the same system.
4) Make sure you are decent at evading NPC interdictions or can escape or fight back if caught. Honestly its not that hard to escape even if caught.
5) If you find the right two systems and get you a little operation going, you can make 500k-2 million per 1 way trip starting out and you should be able to do 2 round trips an hour min.

You should be able to make 2-10 million an hour doing courier missions fairly early on in a basic ship with no upgrades. Use that to get you into better ships and better paying revenue streams.

I already did the exploration stuff I decided it was boring. Did that in a sidewinder to get a dophin, I bought it because it had a longer jump range and better hull. Frankly I love the dophin I just hope they make a larger one, I love the design of them. I was more like wanting fleet carrier as a assistant for me for exploration and mining, they will fire at ships that fire at it. There is a reason for why I want a fleet carrier. People complain that fleet carriers won't work for exploration but, I beg to differ because it will give you extra funds to fund more investments in other income. Also no matter what you are mining you can fill up your fleet carrier with your gods and sell it at a station when it jumps. So it will help mining, and even exploration in the fact that you can jump farther to get to the sectors to make money.

Edit: The screwed up the dophin by making it medium size, too me it looks like a mix between Star Trek Voyager Delta Flyer and the DS9 Runabout class shuttles that can carrier at least 10 people 2 crew and eight passangers.

Last edited:
I am actually a casual player and I really didn't get the game at first. I got a Sidewinder and I am like what only 4 cargo hold can't make munch money on that ship so did carrier missions to reach enough money to buy a dophin did exploration and passenger missions, but I found exploration missions extremely boring all you do is just jump into system scan everything and move on. The only passenger missions that made a decent amount of money was the refugee missions or rebel missions that are only active when systems are in state of war in some areas for the rebels, and for the refugees when the housing value goes down due to war, famine, disease and lower security level.

Anyways I got the A2 refinery got most of my ship setup for mining. The only thing I don't understand is why you would need limpets.

Another thing you can do is passenger missions from Robigo that give around 100 mil per hour using a Python. you'll have enough money for a Python after a couple of hours using your Dolphin. I still think it's better to sell your Dolphin and get a T6, but the Dolphin will work. Watch the video in detail and don't skip. Pay attention to the bit about Road to Riches and about storing a cabin to fit a fuel scoop.
Final loadout for Dolphin
Final Loadout for T6

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgryUKgWeAs&t=142s
This Sidman guy is trolling in another thread, I came across this thread while checking out his profile to decide whether he was en entitled snowflake or a troll, but I had to like your post as it was nice of you to take the time to put those builds together for him.

I haven't played Elite Dangerous in a while because, the lack of any real thing to look forward too. The only decent amount of money that could be made in the game came from CG events and that's if you could find what they where looking for, without having to Sun Jump 500+ times to get the stuff you need. I can Sun Jump 500 or more times blindfolded, but in 3000 Century you think they would have come up with some other form of travel than jumping straight in to the center of gravity, just hope its not a black whole. With almost 8 million in credits, and I want a fleet carrier I got a long ways to go, so here is what I attempted:
Trade Routes: Failed to make a reasonable amount of money to even reach the cap of a FC. Sure I can go buy low temperature diamonds and transport them to the higher market which is about 500 plus or minus jumps.
Tried a wing mission by myself because of the 6,000,000 credit reward, that failed miserably.

I haven't tried mining or exploring, but honestly my attempt to make this game more fun for me is backfiring.
So no that is no fleet carrier for me. The only ones that can afford one are the ones that been playing this game non stop for 10 plus years and longer, there are better games out there to waste your time with. Plus I don't like to just play 1 game all the time I rotate through all the games I play. Good luck players that want one but I probably won't ever see a player fleet carrier to check it out, or ever be in the game long enough to have one.
Fleet Carriers are "End Game" Content.
With just a sidewinder and a dolphin you have years of content you are missing.
As a casual player your goal of a Fleet Carrier is unobtainable anytime soon.
Look into past content first.
The ship progression system
Faction ranks
Pilots Federation Ranks
Thargoids
Guardians
Sag A / Colonia Adventure
Beagle point trek
Engineering
Power Play
Laser Mining vs Deep Core
Bounty Hunting
Smuggling
Pirating
Generation Ships
John Jameson's story
INARA sites
Raxxla

The longer you play the more credits you have, and experience of the game you can apply to other features. Jumping from A to Z will end in frustration

Last edited:
Top Bottom