ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 - Date Announcement

Yes NPC interdictions is bullying IMO and uncalled for especially since I don't take part in combat as alot of people dont.

The NPC interdictons in ED are the same as being attacked while walking along in any other MMO like LOTRO, Guild Wars 2, Black Desert Online or indeed any other MMO out there, they are semi random PVE encounters. You can increase or decrease the chances of encounters depending on what you do, where you are going or what you are carrying, just the same as you can in other MMO's, it's a standard mechanic used by all games, it's not bullying because bullying requires a consciousness to apply, and NPC aren't conscious.

I also never take part in combat, I was interdicted twice in the FC beta while flying a glass T9 with a load of Tritium to refuel my FC, no shields, light armor, no engineering, walked away from two interdictions in a row and got to my FC succesfully. This is just standard PVE mechanics, the environmental threats are always easier to deal with then other players in any game that allows PvP.

What is the point of another beta when many, many commanders (>60%!) cannot try it because of a dislike of pointless and dull grinding?

I tested a bit in beta 1, but there was nothing to test as most of the carriers were dead and forgotten after 3 days when I finally got round to joining.

p.s. I don't want one.
Personally, I dislike the idea of stating things as "grinding". People should not be playing this game if they feel they have to "grind." When you first start the game you should not expect to be "privileged" to go buy, for example, a very expensive Anaconda. You go out and find the things you like to do in this game or you go find a different game period. At some point you end up with enough to buy a Conda and the game rewards your anticipation with the ability to get it. I enjoyed the anticipation of getting to that next level - whether it was buy a Conda or getting the Elite status, or whatever.... That's called gaming. Beta testing is to get feedback, not to decide to buy it or not. I didn't beta test my Conda as I joined long after it was released. Once all the feedback is in, the Drake Fleet Carrier will be released with all of it's characteristics and options stated. Just use Wiki Fandom if you want the details to decide on it.... But even then you should not "grind" to get it, play the game for what you like and let the game come to you...

Personally, I dislike the idea of stating things as "grinding". People should not be playing this game if they feel they have to "grind." When you first start the game you should not expect to be "privileged" to go buy, for example, a very expensive Anaconda.
A Conda? I eat them for breakfast now if you had said a Krait I would have got on board personaly I think the "Conda" should be the starter ship as a punishment

A forum is suppose to be helpful not a place to get belittled over disagreement with mechanics of the game and so far I have only seen a few helpful replies but most are belittling me or laughing at me. FYI for those that can't read between the lines I play in solo mode or private group never in open so I am not complaining about the open play part of the game cause I ALREADY know what open is like it's a bunch of blood thirsty vulchers.

Evading interdiction from NPC requires such a low level of skill, even I can do it. You can ask for a no combat toggle though, perfectly entitled to do that.

But when I get 7x interdictions in one SC run it becomes excessive. Not everyone enjoys the pirate paradise of ED.

But when I get 7x interdictions in one SC run it becomes excessive. Not everyone enjoys the pirate paradise of ED.
I have to say that is unlucky I have never had that many random interdiction attempts in one run, anyone would think you were taking on and stacking missions with the opposition warning.

For those times I don't fancy meeting lots of pirates I always avoid missions, sorry that's a bit ingenuous I almost always avoid missions unless ranking up or unlocking a permit I don't want to play a game and have someone ordering me about.

A forum is suppose to be helpful not a place to get belittled over disagreement with mechanics of the game and so far I have only seen a few helpful replies but most are belittling me or laughing at me. FYI for those that can't read between the lines I play in solo mode or private group never in open so I am not complaining about the open play part of the game cause I ALREADY know what open is like it's a bunch of blood thirsty vulchers.
To be fair almost everywhere in Open is as empty of other players as Solo, you will find vultures and others at hot spots like engineer bases or credit mines or Shinrata but most places are empty. I usually play in a PG or Solo if I am having frame rate issues but that is because I generally don't bother with PvP.

This News forum and Dangerous Discussions are generally the most abrasive.

I have to say that is unlucky I have never had that many random interdiction attempts in one run, anyone would think you were taking on and stacking missions with the opposition warning.

For those times I don't fancy meeting lots of pirates I always avoid missions, sorry that's a bit ingenuous I almost always avoid missions unless ranking up or unlocking a permit I don't want to play a game and have someone ordering me about.

Don't even get me started on the stuck throttle issue while in SC. That is just as bad as the interdictions.

Lordwinter combat isn't that hard tbh especially against npcs, my heads dented in like that dear David kid from YouTube and even I got it down eventually. It's pretty fun too once you get to learning how to use fixed weapons. Building and trying out different loadouts on different ships can get to be one of the only exciting things to do once you've finished just about everything else in the game. If your on ps4 and have access to the mobius pg you can hit me up and I'll show you the ropes as far as npc combat goes if you want.

Back to the topic of the OP does anybody know if these carriers from the beta get a full refund once the beta is over? I have 10bil and want to help try them out next week. o7

Top Bottom