Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 has now ended!

Hi and thank you for the release date and additional details :)

Two very important points, if you have an answer please?
► 'Hydrogen Bomb' exploit, will it be addressed?
► Trade Dividends at Fleet Carriers? You can make around 500 billion per hour with it.

On another note: I can't use formatting, attach images and use the other options in the forums. Is it normal?

Cheers :)

Thank you Stephen.
Wow 9th is very close. I would have preferred probably a longer time to implement also all the other QoL requested in the numerous feedbacks.

Just as an example of the most common requested:
  • Tritium direct transfer from storage to tank (LINK)
  • Further improvement of Tritium efficiency (LINK)

Last edited:
Woohoo - earlier than I expected - nice job!

Any chance of more info about FC Livery before launch?

Oh, and the content is much as I predicted ;)

I think they'll do:

1) The $$$ exploits. I don't think I've seen a neat fix, but they really can't let even more money makers loose. (Not sure they care about the BGS one, there's no obvious fix that won't open a can of worms AFAIK)
2) Key repeat rates in the UI
3) Maybe fix some of the clunky UI (Confirm/Cancel in cargo xfer, random lockup in setting market buys)

Tritium mining will receive adjustments before launch to make it more lucrative (particularly in relation to sub-surface mining).
Lucrativity isn't what people are chiefly concerned about, it's the quantity in regards to jumping the carrier. I along with a fair amount of people would be fine if you dropped the value of Tritium and made it more plentiful if it meant we wouldn't have to spend hours trying to fuel up our carrier.

As it stands we are essentially burning by the hundreds of tons a material that's as rare as Low Temp Diamonds to move our carriers. Tritium isn't THAT uncommon in the universe, you shouldn't be able to make money with it unless you trade many many TONS of it. Tritium is an isotope of hydrogen, and hydrogen fuel is the most plentiful commodity and substance in the universe, so it just boggles me how in this game it's treated as rare as diamonds (to turn a phrase.), something that stereotypically accounts for 0.8% of any given amount of regolith of geologically active planets.

See it's statements like that, especially when they come at after the "Thanks for your feedback." That make me question if you really are listening, understanding and caring what that feedback is or is it more of a PR statement, and you really just want us to shut up. You've had plenty of Cmdrs who have told you they don't want to spend all their time mining for Trit to fuel their carriers, and yet this statement is about making them more Lucrative. Now perhaps this might be a "British English vs American English" thing and I'm misinterpreting, and if I'm wrong then I apologize. But Lucrativity has more to do with value and profitability rather then quantity, which the word "Plenty" and it's variations would be more applicable.

Now I'm hoping I am reading the situation totally wrong, as in, I want to be wrong about this, If that was not your intention Stephen, then again I'm sorry. But it's been my experience from the past that has made me extremely skeptical when it comes to Fdev.

Thank you Stephen.
Wow 9th is very close. I would have preferred probably a longer time to implement also all the other QoL requested in the numerous feedbacks.

Just as an example of the most common requested:
  • Tritium direct transfer from storage to tank
  • Further improvement of Tritium efficiency

Yeah this is EXACTLY what worries me, such a short turn around time from my past experience means they are going with alot as is, and our feedback changes would show up in the patch 1 of fleet carriers. That's assuming they are planning on implementing them at all

So, no other changes are coming to carriers before release?

Specifically referring to ship/module bundles, credit loss on Redemption Office, and a million other things that desperately need improvements?
Another mechanic that players overwhelmingly hate. You explained the reason for the bundling and the player base disagrees with you. We want to pick individual modules and ships for sale on our carriers. I guess my fundamental question is why have a beta if you’re going to ignore all the issues and changes requested by the beta testers? Why do you want to keep things that really serve no purpose and that everybody hates?

Another mechanic that players overwhelmingly hate. You explained the reason for the bundling and the player base disagrees with you. We want to pick individual modules and ships for sale on our carriers. I guess my fundamental question is why have a beta if you’re going to ignore all the issues and changes requested by the beta testers? Why do you want to keep things that really serve no purpose and that everybody hates?
To play devil's advocate for a moment. Alot of what the player base has asked changed, might well require dev time in the form of coding and UI changes and thus at the earliest would be the "patch 1" of fleet carriers. / end Devil's advocate

However it's been my experience that once Fdev deploys a feature, they rarely go back and "fix" it, and makes you question why they deployed a broken/incomplete feature in the first place.

It also makes you kind of realize that Betas aren't about you helping the devs, it's about the Devs getting you used to a feature they plan to deploy to cut down on the amount of "" they would otherwise have come launch day.

So according to this post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/tritium-an-incomplete-mechanic.545851/ that offers MORE WAYS to get tritium, we still have 1 way to get tritium ? (i mean mining it because 40k/t in stations is just a joke as it can go to 1B).
Maybe some players enjoy mining (i'm happy for them, really), but maybe it's not the case for every players.
Miners have their way to get tritium
Traders have their way to get tritium
We why not explorers, pirates, fighters don't have a way too?
If you say it's to prevent tritium from being unfair to those who buy it from stations (we will see in some months if they still appreciate to do it), make it buyable ONLY from FC.

PS: yes i rage because i waited 2 years and a half like other players in this forum and i'm disapointed about decommission (fixed more or less), upkeep (THE MAIN reason i won"t buy a FC) and tritium (management and reality, i mean do you really found them irl in icy rings? :ROFLMAO:)
I'm triple elite, have the billions, did every activities in the game and really wanted atmospheric landing, instead i had the "events" of 2019 and the starter pack (i'm tripple elite, so i don't give a f*** to this update)

To search for bugs in the system as is?

não, não e não, espero que seja uma piada, não é possível que eu pretenda lançá-lo tão cedo, não haveria tempo para fazer as mudanças necessárias que as frotas carregam necessidade, como pequena ui, ui mal organizada, falta de serviços adicionais para maior personalização, espero um novo beta com mudanças relevantes, parece que os jogadores sabem mais sobre o jogo do que os desenvolvedores

If you are going to force explorers to mine tritium, it should be enormously abundant throughout the galaxy. But more importantly, nobody likes this mechanic. We hate it. Why are you determined to keep it?
Whaddya mean "we?" It bothers me not one whit. I much prefer mining to, say, circling a star for however long it takes to scoop & deliver a thousand tons of Tritium
(yawn). At least some skill is required to do the mining, but I suppose that matters little to those who seek maximum convenience in all situations.

There are many mechanics in the game I don't "like" but neither do I hate, they just have to be dealt with accordingly.

Top Bottom