Fleet Carriers Update - Launch Announcement

There are over 20 carriers in my system and I can't get one.
There are 25 parked @ MacDonald Settlement, not sure if they are hogging all the slots or not. But it seems from the names that all 25 are owned carriers, so a glut in one carrier purchase system may inhibit the sales. Only the devs could answer that ? and they are snoozing.

However, I earned about 20M short-hauling Tritium, there's a 26k buy/sell price differential among systems within one jump of a fairly well-engineered ship having decent cargo capacity. I'd have doubled that at least if the best Buy wasn't at an outpost, I had to use my Python (156T) instead of my Corvette (384T).

Black Adder still haunts my FC dreams, however, the bahstahd!

There are 25 parked @ MacDonald Settlement, not sure if they are hogging all the slots or not. But it seems from the names that all 25 are owned carriers, so a glut in one carrier purchase system may inhibit the sales. Only the devs could answer that ? and they are snoozing.

However, I earned about 20M short-hauling Tritium, there's a 26k buy/sell price differential among systems within one jump of a fairly well-engineered ship having decent cargo capacity. I'd have doubled that at least if the best Buy wasn't at an outpost, I had to use my Python (156T) instead of my Corvette (384T).

Details of the route please - before the Devs get their hands on it!!!!
:)

Where did u mine?

Details of the route please - before the Devs get their hands on it!!!!
:)
I am parked @ MacDonald Settlement for the FC purchase. Having gotten snubbed by the Black Adder I took a look at the GalMap with Commodity>Tritium filter on, decided to top off my Corvette's hold so I'd have a little head start on tanking up when my FC came through. Best buy price with a large-pad station was a little over 41k/T.

It never did, but I sold the 384T of Rocket Tea for around 50k/T, around 4M profit. Took the sting out of being stung by the BA . Using the GalMap once again I found Sheela Na Gig, where Rocket Tea could be had for just over 40k/T, but at an outpost. So I swapped my 'vette for my Python and headed out. After filling my hold yet again, I took a wider view in the GalMap and found a station that paid 66k/T and change for my load. I forget the system but the station was Geronimo! (hard to forget that one). I ran about five loads between those locations. It ain't LTDs but it's way better than most non-mission haulage pays.

Before heading out to Alcor/MacDonald take a moment or three to scope your vicinity with the Commodity>Tritium filter, at least that is working ace.

PS. no mining, just straight commodity trades.

Last edited:
Well, thats a shame, reinstalled Elite again after a year and it seems i may have wasted my time :( oh well back to DCS.

Seems theres some kind of sound bug now since the fleet carrier update.... (or i hope it is anyway...). I'm getting hangar sound affects in my cockpit even while out in space

I suspect once the people that purchased a FC moves them out to a new location it will free up. Right now its a FC traffic jam. Although this really does highlight how many FC will be out there. ;)

Did anyone notice strange sounds on a super cruise or station? It looks like a printer working or knocking on water pipes, in a word industrial noise.

They appeared right after the fleet carrier update and me off. Without any information load (as opposed to the sound of a new contact or switching menus) they seem to be designed to fill the silence of empty space or simulate the sounds of a ship. The problem is that it only manage to create sensory pollution! It my ears and nerves with their cyclical cacophony.

If anyone has noticed this please help turn off these infernal sounds or tell me where to write.

Top Bottom