Fleet Carriers Update patch 1 - Downtime and patch notes

Thanks for the info. You would think ED would make slot 1 a non-dark side slot but, I guess that's asking too much. There aint no way another FC will be in my triple ELW system (Chreesuia NI-Z c27-5).

Yea definitely don't take is as gospel, this is only how I understood his explanation.

He discussed how they eliminated some spawns for FC that was causing problems, mainly in astroid fields near stars and moons that orbited each other.

Thanks for the info. You would think ED would make slot 1 a non-dark side slot but, I guess that's asking too much. There aint no way another FC will be in my triple ELW system (Chreesuia NI-Z c27-5). Im 60,000 LY from Sol at the edge of the galaxy. Free refuels and repairs though. And LTD's sell for cheap!
Only two thousand jumps, minimum, in my Python. I knew fleet carriers would change things...

This community is actually really toxic. All the people saying nerf this nerf that....why? Have you tried it? Have you done it? Have you experienced the exploit? Have you experienced the gameplay? You are all hypocrites....on one hand you claim that the game is meant to be played anyway someone wants to play it....but on the other hand you claim that someone should NOT be able to acquire an Anaconda within ~15 hours of playing the game (oh hell no, they will not experience this game without experiencing the painful grind that I experienced....). Who are you YOU to dictate that? If you're willing to die on a hill fighting for things to be nerfed, you obviously have a bias as to how the game should be played. Why? Like seriously, WHY?????????? If you like to explore and don't care about credits and are fine making next to nothing bounty hunting, WHY DO YOU CARE THAT SOMEONE CAN MAKE MORE MINING?? The thing that sickens me most about this game is reading these stupid *** god***** patch notes....and of course the constant nerf hammer.

You all(elitists), INCLUDING DEVS!! are taking the assumption that whatever some content creator out there posts as fact.... just because it's "POSSIBLE" to make $400 million or $500 million an hour does not mean you can repeatedly do it. Go out that and try it before you cry to the devs to nerf or the devs actually nerf the living **** out of it. This is a great game, it has SOOOOO much to offer and experience, but honestly, if I have to spend hours and hours doing the same thing {{over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over}} just to do something that I really want to do, I'll pass. I've always loved Elite, and the VR experience. I'll still come back to it every now and then to kick the tires, shoot down some pirates in a HazRez. Beyond that, I don't see myself investing in this game or community anymore. Great game, could have been so much better.....

Call me what you want (noob, pleb, millennial). I am all those things, and I don't really care...

Errrr, my fleet carrier paint job returns to standard colour after any interaction with it. ive paid real money for these and for them not to work is unacceptable. Everything else is great though.

This community is actually really toxic. All the people saying nerf this nerf that....why? Have you tried it? Have you done it? Have you experienced the exploit? Have you experienced the gameplay? You are all hypocrites....on one hand you claim that the game is meant to be played anyway someone wants to play it....but on the other hand you claim that someone should NOT be able to acquire an Anaconda within ~15 hours of playing the game (oh hell no, they will not experience this game without experiencing the painful grind that I experienced....). Who are you YOU to dictate that? If you're willing to die on a hill fighting for things to be nerfed, you obviously have a bias as to how the game should be played. Why? Like seriously, WHY?????????? If you like to explore and don't care about credits and are fine making next to nothing bounty hunting, WHY DO YOU CARE THAT SOMEONE CAN MAKE MORE MINING?? The thing that sickens me most about this game is reading these stupid god** patch notes....and of course the constant nerf hammer.

You all(elitists), INCLUDING DEVS!! are taking the assumption that whatever some content creator out there posts as fact.... just because it's "POSSIBLE" to make $400 million or $500 million an hour does not mean you can repeatedly do it. Go out that and try it before you cry to the devs to nerf or the devs actually nerf the living **** out of it. This is a great game, it has SOOOOO much to offer and experience, but honestly, if I have to spend hours and hours doing the same thing {{over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over}} just to do something that I really want to do, I'll pass. I've always loved Elite, and the VR experience. I'll still come back to it every now and then to kick the tires, shoot down some pirates in a HazRez. Beyond that, I don't see myself investing in this game or community anymore. Great game, could have been so much better.....

Call me what you want (noob, pleb, millennial). I am all those things, and I don't really care...
hell ya i argree with this this cmdr put it in a way for everyone to have fun i got bored of contant killing to make money and switched to minning and exploring but the fact everything is getting nufed is killing the gaming exp for me

This community is actually really toxic. All the people saying nerf this nerf that....why? Have you tried it? Have you done it? Have you experienced the exploit? Have you experienced the gameplay? You are all hypocrites....on one hand you claim that the game is meant to be played anyway someone wants to play it....but on the other hand you claim that someone should NOT be able to acquire an Anaconda within ~15 hours of playing the game (oh hell no, they will not experience this game without experiencing the painful grind that I experienced....). Who are you YOU to dictate that? If you're willing to die on a hill fighting for things to be nerfed, you obviously have a bias as to how the game should be played. Why? Like seriously, WHY?????????? If you like to explore and don't care about credits and are fine making next to nothing bounty hunting, WHY DO YOU CARE THAT SOMEONE CAN MAKE MORE MINING?? The thing that sickens me most about this game is reading these stupid god** patch notes....and of course the constant nerf hammer.

My goodness the hyperbole is strong with this one.

My goodness the hyperbole is strong with this one.
Yes - the force is strong in this one....
On a separate note, I will be passing you on the EDSM discovery list soon Straha. I'm just a couple behind you at 27...:)
Not that I try - I just do what I like to do.... then something comes up for a month or two and I sink back into the 30's...LOL

Is it necessary to allow the purchase of tritium directly using the carrier..30 trips to fill the cargo? ridiculous .... aaaaaaahhhhhhhh !!!

Ok, so I was probably a bit premature in defending the seemingly slight nerf with mining, in the new triple hot spot things seemed to be fine.

I am now, way out in the Formidine Rift, I've dropped in to probably 10 LTD hotspots on my journey out here and in all of them, I have not found a single sub surface LTD deposit, not even at the direct centre. I find plenty of laser mining opportunities, LTDs exist in that form, and I found just one core, but not a single sub surface deposit, so something is broken there.

I have submitted a ticket, no response. None of my tickets have ever been responded to.

EDIT: I have just visited a Tritium hotspot out here and sub surface deposits were plentiful. The fact that I cannot find sub surface LTDs in an LTD hotspot does suggest that something is wrong here.

Last edited:
Ok, so I was probably a bit premature in defending the seemingly slight nerf with mining, in the new triple hot spot things seemed to be fine.

I am now, way out in the Formidine Rift, I've dropped in to probably 10 LTD hotspots on my journey out here and in all of them, I have not found a single sub surface LTD deposit, not even at the direct centre. I find plenty of laser mining opportunities, LTDs exist in that form, and I found just one core, but not a single sub surface deposit, so something is broken there.

I have submitted a ticket, no response. None of my tickets have ever been responded to.
single ltd hotspots seem to be next to useless found more Ltd's while in Tritium hotspots

EDIT: I have just visited a Tritium hotspot out here and sub surface deposits were plentiful. The fact that I cannot find sub surface LTDs in an LTD hotspot does suggest that something is wrong here.

I really have to agree. I seem to find EVERYTHING other than LTDs in their own hotspots. I've always loved core mining, and never had a problem in most hotspots (sometimes you'd get a lower hotspot and need to move onto another, but that wasn't the norm). But now, tons of Bromelite, Grandiderite, Void Opal cores in every hotspot I visit, but hardly any LTDs at all. (edit: oh, not to mention Tritium is plentiful for lasering eeeeverywhere)

I think something is wrong too.

Considering Fleet Carriers liveries visually resetting when you let it out of your sight for a nanosecond I wouldn't be surprised about something newly introduced messing with the hotspots, unfortunately.

And not being able to buy Limpets from your carrier immensily diminishes its self-sufficiency.

Hi everyone,

The downtime will begin at 09:50 UTC, and we expect maintenance to conclude by 10:30 UTC.

In the meantime, here are the patch notes for what we're changing:

Commodity Market
  • Reduced repeat speed on market selection arrows on Compare Market screen.
Mining
  • Reduced the largest possible yield when subsurface mining for Low Temperature Diamonds by around 25%.
  • Decreased the effectiveness of the peripheries of Low Temperature Diamond hotspots.
    • Overlapping hotspots for Low Temperature Diamonds, when coupled with the new Subsurface Mining changes, were more effective than the centre of the hotspot itself. This change increases the drop-off of the hotspot's ring, reducing the likelihood that a double-overlapped hotspot is more lucrative than either of the hotspot's centrepoints. A well-placed triple hotspot will still be very effective at increasing the likelihood of finding Low Temperature Diamonds. This change does not affect any other hotspots or minerals.
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a disconnect triggered by selling exploration data at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an occasional crash when entering a system with a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue with some bookmarks being missing.
Fleet Carriers
  • Fixed an issue which could cause a Fleet Carrier purchase transaction to fail.
  • Skybox will now correctly update after a Fleet Carrier jump without having to re-enter the instance.
  • Fixed a bug which allowed players to install additional Carrier services even if they didn't have capacity.
  • Fixed an issue with duplicate Fleet Carrier call-signs - this will cause all Fleet Carrier call signs to be regenerated as of 3.7.01.
  • Fixed some issues with stats not correctly updating.
  • Fixed an issues with carrier jump sequence not always proceeding correctly.
Arx & Customisation
  • Fixed an issues which caused some Fleet Carrier nameplates to be obscured.
  • Fixed the colour of landing pad 7 holo-marker on Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when switching Fleet Carrier Layout.
Audio
  • Fixed missing ATC voices at starports.
  • Fixed issue with outfitting ambiance audio layering up on top of itself when going between outfitting and livery.
  • Fixed an issue with Engineer Remote Workshop ambiance persisting into the main game, and can layer up on itself too.
Text
  • Fixed missing titles for the audio logs associated with the Golconda.
Missions
  • Fixed an issue where a collect/source mission would request commodities on sale at the same location.
  • Fixed an issue which caused mission critical updates to not appear in the inbox.
Journal
  • Added a speculative fix for an issue that could cause the game to add excessive NavRoute entries to the journal when looking at the Galaxy Map.
Powerplay
  • Fixed the missing cooldown time which would allow players to repeatedly obtain their allocation of powerplay materials.
Background Simulation and Galaxy
  • Reinstated missing locations.
  • Ongoing balancing of Faction influence normalisation.

Edit: The servers are now live, thanks for your patience!

Stay safe and o7 Commanders.
Why when you down rated LTD's did Tritium get down rated also? It is difficult enough out here in the black

I feel like I'm just screaming into the void here, but for the love of god, Frontier, please STOP nerfing mining profits and start increasing combat profits. I've stopped playing Elite altogether thanks to the utter lack of profit in anything other than mining - that, and Frontier's apparent inability to address the problem. If it continues to be a problem when we finally get new content next year, no matter how many empty planets I can meaninglessly walk around on, I for one won't be even remotely interested in playing any of it.

Guess you're right.07
Well, spent 1 hour at the centre of a LTD hotspot, after 100 prospector limpets, I found ONE, JUST ONE!!!!! Rock with ANY fraction of a % of Ltd!!!
Not one Ltd surface, subsurface, or core at all.
1 hour for 6 tons of LTD!!!!
BUT TRITIUM IS EVERYWHERE, SERIOUSLY?
Just delete all other hotspots and make the entire galaxy a tritium hotspot.
If I have to use up half my limpets as prospectors, and an hour of my time to scrape up 6 tons of LTD, then it sure as hell is not a LTD HOTSPOT.

Top Bottom