Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

@Schmuu666 they have no idea what we players want. None at all it seems to me. I backed this game at Kickstarter years ago. I am slowly regretting this with the introduction of so many bugs it's almost out of control. Frontier are out of focus with the game I backed and expected many things from the Kickstarter campaign. They have sent programmers away from ED to other types of games that I don't like. Left us with two years of no new content only to surprise us all again with bugged coding on release because they do not QAQC their code. We do it for them. Beta testing is a sick joke. Bitter am I surprise surprise.

Frontier you have let this backer down too many times now. I am actively looking for something else to play. You lost focus on the game I backed. Of that you should be ashamed. I can only speak for myself. I feel let down.

We never much see the CM posting on what we say. What are they there for? manage the community? Meh!

Last edited:
Status Agile sprint process, it is good so they only more the fixes that it fixed and tested, this two develop cycle is a good approac, Fdev are doing a good job, thanks
Issues appear because agile and bound to it TDD. Because working code does not have plan. It's made to cover tests. So each new window has issues with focus. Each new pop up has issue poping to back. They fix EACH NEW one. That is only what I can see....
For long term project you need something like OOP. Think first for long. Write code second. Then you fix bug in 1 line and all existing and future windows are fixed.

More about mining:
1. Tried single VOP spot. In about 20 mins results: 40t tritium on board. Zero VOP. Found countless SSD of whater/oxygen/bromelite, like each 1st. Some were tritium too. Found 2 bromelite rocks to explode (in VOP spot!).
2. Same experiment was with LTD yday. There I got 20t of it as met 1 SSD rock.

Long terms bugs:
Pulse wave - shiny rock my "reflect" own color to near by rock. Why? It is virtual image by on-board compuer. Image must be localized. Also from different angels rocks may shine different. Why again? It is virtual coloring on board!

Inertion:
Prospector limpet launched at big speed drops far behind ship and dies. Why ? Speed and acceleration of limpet must contain what ship has, i.e. relative to ship it is zero. Now limpet is dropped with relative to surrounding zero. Guess that is not accounted on guns too.

Last edited:
It seems to me that the current situation with the game is similar to the "struggle for survival on a sinking ship". On the principle of "let's do it this way now, and then we'll figure out how to do it in reality". I'm not saying that the game will die or die. It's just my reaction to what's happening.

I think it's been that way for a long time now, maybe since 2.0.

I think it's been that way for a long time now, maybe since 2.0.

Certainly 2.0, maybe even older than that.
I noticed the targeting bug (<> not around the targeted materials sometime) while testing planetary landing when horizon was launched. The bug can also be found in conflict zones.
Reported it back then... still here more that 4 years later.

Last edited:
If Tritium is so common now why are most Fleet Carriers still not moving? :rolleyes:

Well, I tried to mine tritium (out of the bubble) in a 'tritium' hotspot yesterday and I just got 53 units in around 30-40 minutes.
Just to make one jump would require me to mine for 2-2.5 hours (with 1/3 occupied cargo space)
I don't mind to laser-mine every now and then, but mine for more than 2 hours to make just one jump ?
I don't think so.

For now, I won't mine tritium, it's a lot easier and reliable to buy it somewhere cheap.

FDEV. I thought you had the fault of fragments going into Rocks sorted? Well I am on EOR AOC ZN-X C3-42 Planet 2 in an ICY Ring. In a LTD Hot Spot. I mined a subsurface LTD deposit. Well every darn fragment went back into the rock it was mined from. Every sodding one of them. Fix this too please. It's really frustrating seeing this happen over and over again. I hate being salty every time I post but you are forcing me to do this.

Also in a LTD HS I cannot find LTD rocks to mine from. Void Opals, Brommelite, Alexandrite, yes plenty of these but ZERO LTD rocks. Fix this crap too. So I moved to another place in the Hot Spot. First rock I find? Yes you guessed it.......Void Opals!

This is a PRISTINE RING. When you swung the nerf bat againt LTD it was way too hard you made it impossible to find LTD in a LTD HS. That is just STUPID.

I am heading now to the Triple VO HS here. That has not had the nerf bat swung against it YET.

Last edited:
fwiw, seems that an old bug is back as well. hard to say its the fc update but we all know too well that bringing back old bugs is a constant with updates.
I'd love to see the code though, the part where missions fail regularly because either the clock(timer) is wrong or it simply can't count or tell time.
for bgs purposes. I couldn't care less about the credits but a mission fail that still has time on the timer is pretty hard to beat a clock that is wrong or counts down invisibly with 1 number and displays another.
Just needed to point that out due to 2 missions failing today while there was still enough time on the mission timer.
Not as bad as the instafail but still it once again makes a person not want to touch the mission board for fear of actually DAMAGING the faction.
What ever happened to the mechanic that once saw a timer expiring and then offered a bonus if you managed to get it there even late??

And at risk of repeating myself not enough times, how on earth do you manage to bring back bugs that were once fixed?

Where Is Arthur? Tell me, Arthur, what problems, according to Fdev, most irritate players and the community as a whole? Is there such information or does Fdev conduct similar analytics?

Last edited:
Where Is Arthur? Tell me, Arthur, what problems, according to Fdev, most irritate players and the community as a whole? Is there such information or does Fdev conduct similar analytics?

Well... Seems that he is busy talking about desserts in his welcome thread...

considering this update has cost 3 to 6 months of bgs effort to be lost plus numerous ship and module losses a rollback to a working bgs and all my things are still where I left them...rooooollllback.
but something needs doing, the current BGS is a total fail as it looks like a very broken combo of the old bgs where inf did NOT lock for conflicts and some new hybrid variation that simply causes effort to fail more than it succeeds.

minor addition of something else that is causing all kinds of non fun to occur.
Then take your time to fix the bug that is the remote FC management. By this I mean the menu selections go through the menu to select items you can't see on the menu at the station you are docked at. (if docked rather than floating in space where it activates ship functions)

ADD my scream of frustration to the ROOOOLLLLLBBBACCCCKKKK choir.

Having nothing to do since I cannot get into PG and Wing, I have read a lot about the Carriers and I don't see anything I like.

Roll us back and put the FC back into BETA.

Please clarify what is "accrued cost"? Made topic for that + asked in PM community manager...
Just started game after week upkeep paid, it is already 986 667creds.
Moved tritium from cargo to tank using my ship - it is 988 453 creds now.
Are you really? >: Working with carrier balance is growing that thing too.
This means cheapest way to use it is disallow all docking permissions.

Those lazy guys demand weekly salary from me + take some fee on each thing they do or I do (as balance management is pure mine, nobody except me and I still pay) ?! I don't need such lazy workers/crew.
Darn. I just undocked and docked back immediatly. Did 10 creds refuel.
Now "AC" is 994 953cr

So do carrier owner donates money to players who want to refuel?! Are u crazy there?

Undocked again - 996 989

Upd. Checked 1 min later, it is 997k. Maybe it just grows by time. Like per minute.

Ok, if it is weekly sum showing exact value per second till now, then what is projected cost?? Because projected matches to modules installed. Something needs to be clarified.

Last edited:
Accrued is what you would owe if the week ended right now, projected is what you will owe in addition to that at the end of the week if nothing else changes, like turning modules on or off.

Accrued is what you would owe if the week ended right now, projected is what you will owe in addition to that at the end of the week if nothing else changes, like turning modules on or off.
Ok, so projected cost is modules cost, including salaries, because it changes on pause.
Now, what else expenses I have so accrued cost grows per minute?

Top Bottom