Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

But as above, if Tritium should regenerate quickly enough that it might as well have infinite supply, why not just use Credits as fuel instead?

Well, realism, I guess. Having to fill your tank with something in preparation for a long journey makes sense. Also, I was actually looking forward to planning the placement of tritium tankers for a deep-space expedition. Magically-appearing fuel would remove that.

Personally, I'd like to keep the logistics of actually getting the tritium from the infinitely-regenerating supply point out to the Carrier, rather than placing it ON the Carrier.

Mining
  • Fixed an issue whereby surface deposits created after cracking a motherlode would flag themselves as depleted
  • Fixed issues related to diminishing returns for commodities in overlapping hotspots

Head scratchy moment...

1. There is no mention of the abrasion blasters not functioning.
2. Mining resource distribution was more broken than in the history of the game, in the last car-crash patch. To call this issue 'diminishing returns' is understating by at least one AU. To fix issues we need to be frank about what is actually going on.

(and most importantly)

3. Are Frontier planning on PLAY TESTING the patch before pushing out to live? Given how obvious it was that the last series of patches were not play tested, surely players would appreciate some attempt at reassurance? We could save a lot of time and unhappy players time here. :)

I don’t really mind, but I would like to know if the PS4 Pro’s broken ‘Quality’ mode will ever be fixed?

I’ve heard some rumblings it’s also broken on the Xbox One X, and broke when the FC’s we’re deployed just like on the Pro.

o7 - go get ya Tritium on

But as above, if Tritium should regenerate quickly enough that it might as well have infinite supply, why not just use Credits as fuel instead?

I found the pre-patch regen rate pretty ok-ish (but kinda on the too-much side) - there was no guarantee that in the next BGS tick a large pad station with decent supply would reach the required conditions to get the 4k credits per ton.
So there was the perpetual hunt for refineries in Drought - and the early bird was still valid. Not early enough, no good carrier spot in the system. 🤷‍♂️

To conclude, the Bubble has enough supplies of Tritium to fuel the carriers, but with the supply changes there is never enough for trading.
And there was an entire ecosystem in those 4k per ton systems with carrier owners and t9/cutter traders working together.

Sometimes i simply dont get it.
People are/were complaining that mining is the only way to make credits, then they're content when tritium trading gets shutdown?
One of the very few alternate ways of making a honest 💰

@Bruce Garrido

Hi Bruce, any news regarding the current LTD prices?

Hi Stephen,

For almost a week LTD prices are consistently below 1 million credits per ton, while before the patch top prices for LTD were between 1.1 and 1.7 millions per ton, depending on BGS condition.

Can you confirm the current prices are intended and will stay like that or it is unintended and it's being investigated?
Asking because i see no mention of LTD prices being "touched" in the patch notes for Patch 3.

"Please note that the above notes are liable to change as adjustments are made and changes are added or removed. Tweaks may be made up until the time of launch. "

I think the operative phrase here is "made up".

PS. Only joking.

Hi Bruce, any news regarding the current LTD prices?
This is implicitly in the "fix demand for LTDs" bit of the 3.7.3 patch notes.

At zero demand, LTD prices end up at about half of what they would be at full demand, so a "four-state" system with demand depleted ends up at around 800k, while a "three-state" system with demand depleted ends up at around 500-600k. A fresh "three-state" system still gets 1.1M, though - just not for very long.

(As above, is it worth having supply/demand at all? Or is guaranteed income better?)

I found the pre-patch regen rate pretty ok-ish (but kinda on the too-much side) - there was no guarantee that in the next BGS tick a large pad station with decent supply would reach the required conditions to get the 4k credits per ton.
So there was the perpetual hunt for refineries in Drought - and the early bird was still valid. Not early enough, no good carrier spot in the system. 🤷‍♂️
The pre-patch regen rate was essentially "infinite", so I think we're back to "finite supply is not fun" here?

People are/were complaining that mining is the only way to make credits, then they're content when tritium trading gets shutdown?
I very much enjoyed Tritium trading back in the day, a great alternative to mining. Speaking of patches, one of the reasons I so enjoyed this was somewhere along the line Frontier fixed the ADC, which now a permanent module on my T9. I don't remember this fix being in any patch notes, but that's often how it goes - more is changed in a patch than is documented in the notes.

1. There is no mention of the abrasion blasters not functioning.
I'm pretty sure that's what they mean by "Fixed an issue whereby surface deposits created after cracking a motherlode would flag themselves as depleted"

They really need to get better at writing patch notes that describe the player-facing impact of the bug being fixed, not the technical cause of it.

I do wonder where all that supply is going - from looking at how often carriers are jumping (not that much) I tend to think it's Tritium market speculators - in which anything less than infinite won't be enough.
For Colonia I think it probably is jump preparation - it went pretty fast even at 45k/t, we never had the really low prices, and the baseline stock levels were only enough to fully fuel two exploration carriers.

In the bubble, sure, that'll be where all the cheap Tritium goes, and the expensive Tritium isn't depleting because there's megatonnes of it.

we're back to "finite supply is not fun" here?

Yea, but my point: what is "finite supply" and how is it tailored to the population numbers?
IMO the current values are ok for a really low population galaxy (tens of traders, maybe high tens) and they dont really make sense in a galaxy with thousands of potential traders (maybe tens of thousands?)

Yea, but my point: what is "finite supply" and how is it tailored to the population numbers?
IMO the current values are ok for a really low population galaxy (tens of traders, maybe high tens) and they dont really make sense in a galaxy with thousands of potential traders (maybe tens of thousands?)
Possibly they should just take out the cheap Tritium from the tables and make Aluminium (high supply, fast regen) inexplicably sell for 40k/tonne in Natural Disaster state? There's nothing to say it has to be Tritium with the exceptionally high profit margin, after all.

That would give the same bulk trading profits, relatively similar galactic rarity, and not run out of supply.

Or they could make every trade good capable of profits in the 20-40k/tonne range depending on precise BGS states, and then any individual one will run low on stock in particular circumstances, but you just switch trade route and commodity at that point.

Possibly they should just take out the cheap Tritium from the tables and make Aluminium (high supply, fast regen) inexplicably sell for 40k/tonne in Natural Disaster state? There's nothing to say it has to be Tritium with the exceptionally high profit margin, after all.

That would give the same bulk trading profits, relatively similar galactic rarity, and not run out of supply.

Or they could make every trade good capable of profits in the 20-40k/tonne range depending on precise BGS states, and then any individual one will run low on stock in particular circumstances, but you just switch trade route and commodity at that point.

Even better

too bad i cannot give more than one like for a single post :)

edit: and no, i will not resort to 1t selling :D

As usual nothing mentioned about the fact that deposits in cracked open rocks cannot be taken off with the Abrasion Blaster after you have removed the Tritium deposits in the rock before you crack it open.
Isn't this the fix?

"Fixed an issue whereby surface deposits created after cracking a motherlode would flag themselves as depleted "

Top Bottom