• The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) - BBC1 London 11:30pm Thu 4 Apr

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • He's Just Not That Into You (2009) - Film4 9:00pm Thu 4 Apr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scarface (1983) - ITV4 10:30pm Thu 4 Apr

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good evening and hello everyone... in this thread we will pick a upcoming movie of the coming week to slice and dice and rip to pieces on the forum with the benefit of everyone being able to watch it and join in and rate it.

Our guess dissectors will be myself, Frank and we may add another few if anyone wants to join us.. for this coming week I have identified a couple of choices for our movie..

Micmacs (2009) - I have seen this, it is VERY good.
A video-store clerk survives being shot in the head, but loses his job and his home, while the bullet in his skull could kill him at any time. He falls in with a band of eccentrics living in a junkyard, and puts his new associates' talents to use in bringing down two arms companies. Comedy directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and starring Dany Boon and Andre Dussollier. In French
Category Comedy
Certificate 12
Film4 11:30pm Thu 4 Apr

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) I have not seen this..
An eccentric marine expert sets out in search of a legendary shark that ate his old friend and shipmate. Unfortunately the voyage is riddled with problems, including a man claiming to be his long-lost son, a pursuing pirate crew and a rival oceanographer. Wes Anderson's comedy drama, starring Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Cate Blanchett, Willem Dafoe and Jeff Goldblum
Category Comedy
Certificate 15
BBC1 London 11:30pm Thu 4 Apr

He's Just Not That Into You (2009) (PLEASE NOT THIS ONE)
Various Baltimore residents contend with romantic difficulties and misunderstandings. Unlucky-in-love Gigi seeks advice from a cynical yet kindly bartender, while her co-worker is unaware her husband is having an affair. Romantic comedy, starring Ginnifer Goodwin, Justin Long, Jennifer Connelly, Scarlett Johansson, Bradley Cooper, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Connolly and Drew Barrymore
Category General Movie/Drama
Certificate 12
Film4 9:00pm Thu 4 Apr

and our final option is this little classic..

Scarface (1983)
Small-time crook Tony Montana emigrates from Cuba to the US, determined to become rich and powerful. Admitted into the inner circle of a Miami drug lord, he ultimately takes over his boss's empire and even his wife. However, his paranoia and cocaine addiction begin to spiral out of control, while his enemies circle, waiting for the chance to bring him down. Gangster thriller remake, with Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert Loggia. Including FYI Daily
Category Detective/Thriller
Certificate 18
ITV4 10:30pm Thu 4 Apr

If these chanels are not available to you please let me know so I can narrow our options... ALSO if you see a movie worthy of nomination... let us know. Before you decide you can't get a channel please visit this FREE website for TV.
http://tvcatchup.com may only work in UK.. so get your proxy going!!! :D

Last edited:
Micmacs (2009)
I have not seen this and therefore cannot comment.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)
This is typical of Bill Murray. It is funny, if you like Bill Murray's humour. It ambles along parodying the real short films and homage to French diving pioneer Jacques-Yves Cousteau (1910–1997), to whom the film is dedicated. It's not laugh-a-minute in-your-face humour, but rather quiet subtle humour and may not strike everyone as funny.

He's Just Not That Into You (2009)
I have not seen this one, and never intend to.

Scarface (1983)
This is one of those films that you see because it is a classic and you want to be able to say you've seen it, but then you never watch it ever again. Origin of the line "Say hello to my little friend" which was imitated in playgrounds up and down the country.

So are we picking one? or watching all four?
If I were to pick one, it'd probably be Life Aquatic ... with Micmacs as a 2nd choice

Last edited:
Micmacs followed by The Life Aquatic.

Bit busy at the moment so will probably have to record and watch over the weekend.

Good idea though!

Micmas was a surprise delight to me, very much in the vein of delicatessen and city of lost children.. but captivating..

If you can see any other movies coming up, then please do make a suggestion..

I should have made a poll.... lol

"Say hello to my little friend" gets my vote lets face it even Balamory's "Mrs Hoolie" and the Pope would wants to snort coke after watching that ending :D

Hey Graham, I made a Poll with the choices...

Please vote from the 4.. then I will try to get next weeks options up...

Will then review it hopefully while it is on air.... otherwise shortly afterwards and over the weekend..

I've never seen Micmacs. That's why it's where my vote went.

Remember people it's not a vote about which is the best film. It's a vote for the movie that would be the most interesting to talk about.

Even if you don't want to say anything here, you can always vote then lurk to see what we say.

Right is 9.17am, Im going to call this vote OVER and declare tonights televisual delight will be
"Micmacs (2009) - Film4 11:30pm Thu 4 Apr"

IF you tune in via the TV OR http://www.tvcatchup.com (Film4 is on it) then join us tonight and comment LIVE as the action unfolds... Or record it and share your review with us over the weekend...

ON Monday I will put a poll up with choices for next weeks movie and we can enjoy ripping/slating/cheering on that one together..

Whos tuning in tonights... this is a good movies I promise... stick with it..

Once you get past the heavy lesbian scenes it becomes a great action flick

*may be lying his ass off to get people to watch*

The lesbians aren't heavy at all. They just the right weight for their height.

I got my bag of popcorn from Thargoid's. I'm not looking at the sell-by date.

Right its 20 minutes until this movie starts, thats plenty of time to get a cuppa or a pint, a nice sandwich and work out what channel Film 4 is on.

Or register for an account at http://www.tvcatchup.com and log in to join us in watching our voted film of the week... then join us for live comments in this thread as the film unfolds dramatically infront of us..

Criticise the opening credits.... the adverts during the movie nothing is above the debate... and most of all, enjoy it.

My Co-host Frank is ready and has the visual descriptions and braille subtitles all set up.

We are good to go...

I've a slight tech hitch here Psyko. Tried my laptop and elite forums didn't like it.. they kicked me off for 15 mins

Top Bottom