Forum downgraded?

It's buried in the footer.
Untitled.jpg

We have a website ? For real, everytime I went around what I assume is considered the official website, it felt like it was more a giant ad for ED products. I genuinely didn't know they posted news there. Always used the forum, inara, galnet, depending on the news.

Edit : oh yeah they have a news tab. With zooming picture in the news everytime I mouse over them, which make me feel uneasy for some reason. Also, every news is thrown there, important ones, galnet, CG....
Aren't they pretty much at rock bottom anyway? :)
Haven't found a hat yet, so I'd say no.

Thanks, Frontier obviously values our feedback :)

The forums aren't there for feedback, they're to gather all the criticism in one spot that is hard for outsiders to find and is easy for devs to ignore.

If it didn't exist, players would be posting all their stuff on reddit, or spamming the official twitter, and both of those are outside fdev's control and easier to find.

By posting GOOD news on public sources, while keeping BAD news on private ones, it allows them to better control their outside appearance and increase their overall sales.

All social media has been above the forums for were info goes first most times as a lot of it happens out side GB work hours now and for what ever reason fdev staff can not post here after set hours after most people go home in GB same as fdev would be on there way home as well.

Forums are used when the message is a lot of info... then theres a link on social then..
That basically Status updates and patch notes thats a lot of posts on twitter due to the length cap so wont work...

They did just get an upgrade on the forum software and it reset photo size limits which has been awesome for PC Wireless/ethernet users. Mobiles will realy need photos off mode once people catch on... 5MB PNG photos are awsome for space photos...
1647564542018.png

The forums aren't there for feedback, they're to gather all the criticism in one spot that is hard for outsiders to find and is easy for devs to ignore.

If it didn't exist, players would be posting all their stuff on reddit, or spamming the official twitter, and both of those are outside fdev's control and easier to find.

By posting GOOD news on public sources, while keeping BAD news on private ones, it allows them to better control their outside appearance and increase their overall sales.

They might not always notice it, they usually might not acknowledge it, but they don't ignore it.

I think the recent major announcement maybe created more visibility here than they wanted. Or you never know, they could have a lot of plans. It could be totally unrelated to them not liking forum salt or something like that. Still, very poignant musings.

Hahaha, check this CMDR out thinking criticism is all gathered here, as opposed to the more active social platforms :LOL:

Last edited:
They could drop the news here in the forums too, and lock the threads if they dont want criticism posted in the said forum threads.

All social media has been above the forums for were info goes first most times as a lot of it happens out side GB work hours now and for what ever reason fdev staff can not post here after set hours after most people go home in GB same as fdev would be on there way home as well.

But yea 👆 , it seems to me too they find it more convenient to drop a twitch post instead of creating a new forum post.

Hahaha, check this CMDR out thinking criticism is all gathered here, as opposed to the more active social platforms :LOL:

Well, Forums are more critic than reddit.

Here no one can bury critics under the down-voting-echo-chamber mechanisms present on reddit, unless the entire ED subreddit turns to the dark side and starts upvoting the critics and downvote the evangelists...

Top Bottom