Forum downgraded?

Nope, I don't remember the exact phrasing.. It was something along the line of "for deeper discussion about the game there is the forum". I wish I remember in more detail, because it might be me sugar coating what they said.. But I'm not going to watch the stream another time just to give you the exact quote.

Still my personal take on things is that they do monitor the forum, but due to the bad signal to noise ratio they probably just skim or skip a lot of the discussions.. I mean there is rather a lot of drama, personal attacks, and offtopic banter. And when we do discuss the game itself it's an endless merry go around with people staking out their personal positions and little consensus being reached.

Anyway, maybe a part in a withdraw strategy. If it's the same old guard talking their same points and having some laughs with or at each other now and then (see my post above), then I'm not sure how useful it is for marketing a declining game initiative.

I noticed in today's livestream Arthur and Bruce were saying that more news would be directed to the website rather than the forums.

I tried to find a link to the forums from the website but failed. So have Frontier downgraded the forums or am I going (more) senile?
Don’t be so hard to yourself. To be fair the forums have always been just the little zoo, CMDRs can frolic around without making too much damage.😅

They said they were still going to use the forums but they're under utilising the website. They've got a point, when was the last time you looked on the website?

There's been 3 post from the CMs in the last 3 days, its not as if they can downgrade the forums much more .

That being said, I avoid mainstream "social media" like the plague on humanity that it is. You rare lot that venture there and live to tell about it have my respect, even if I'm a bit weary of how contaminated you may have inadvertently become.
Reddit's huge and active community can often feel like this :LOL:

jurassic-park-shade.gif

They said they were still going to use the forums but they're under utilising the website. They've got a point, when was the last time you looked on the website?

There's been 3 post from the CMs in the last 3 days, its not as if they can downgrade the forums much more .
And about 3 posts in the 3 months before that :p

I see lots of posts:
UiHrhAP.png
Maybe, but when was the last time a Fdev employee delivered me a pizza ? Or a cake ? Well, NEVER is when ! Not even for my birthday ! In fact, I'm not sure they know when is my birthday, they never asked me.
I'm not even asking for much, even a simple cookie is ok.

Except if it's white chocolate, I don't like white chocolate.

Maybe, but when was the last time a Fdev employee delivered me a pizza ? Or a cake ? Well, NEVER is when ! Not even for my birthday ! In fact, I'm not sure they know when is my birthday, they never asked me.
I'm not even asking for much, even a simple cookie is ok.

Except if it's white chocolate, I don't like white chocolate.
They asked for my birthday date, still no pizza though. 🤷‍♂️

The forum was a good tool when the players were the KS guys because everyone was here, it was a cheap way to massage the KS guys for ideas and the ego. Now its role is really a centralized feedback area, considering that the audience are all over the place- Twitter (announcements and superficial stuff), Youtube (with Burr and OA really being the 'news' and collated opinion), Reddit (although 'content' is normally low effort pictures of ships / yay I got Elite etc but its good as a place for the occasional detailed writeup) . Everything else on this forum is really 'for entertainment purposes' or just venting. Its also ironic really as the most useful platform for the game (Discord) is the weakest for feedback.

As they say in the biz, clear cookies and cache. ;)

Joking aside, it does sometimes seem to take a bit for those sort of changes to propagate. I had recently added and then changed a forum profile banner background, which I hadn't had before, and it took a while to see the change.

Last edited:
Top Bottom