Franchise Mode - Why do we only have 200 Storage Slots in the Trade Centre when we paid to breed 130 different habitat animals?

In addition to all that's been written, storage limits depress selling in the market. When you have a choice between using a precious storage slot for a breedable animal or a sale (when you already have over 1,000,000 conservation credits,) you probably aren't going to sell. I've released thousands of animals I would love to sell if I had room to keep them!

But I honestly don't get the obsession with getting 100/100/100/100 albino or leucistic or whatever animals. Improving genetics is meant to be a gradual thing incorporated into your zoo management. Solid genetics are fine, you just don't want absolutely crap ones flooding your breeding programme. But people play franchise like they're trying to breed 6 100iv competitive shiny pokemon for some reason and that in term ruins the market for everyone else, because they suck up any good animals and dump them in their own trade centre while they're breeding, leading to a drought of said species on the market, and then flood the market with all their massively interelated rejects in one go when they're done. More storage just makes that worse.
Let me give you an example. I've been breeding red foxes for over 500 in-game years trying to work out the Planet Zoo genetics (see my original post on this project.) I'm still working on figuring out a few things. I breed, each breeding cycle, 8 breeding pairs of each color (64 animals total.) I need to keep and pair up their offspring plus a few extras in case I have reasons to eliminate an animal from the breeding pool. So, each cycle, I have about 90 foxes in the trade center. I routinely breed dozens of 4x100 foxes that I release because I don't have room in the trade center to trade them. I used to have a zoo that was only red foxes (plus a few cheap animals from the Trade Center to keep the guests coming) but I wanted to get back to a regular zoo. And keeping a regular zoo and my fox breeding program going is very difficult with the limited space.

Storage is already a mechanism which virtually destroys the already limited management challenge of the game. In any case, it’s easy to create additional storage (effectively) by just transferring animals from storage to a perpetually paused storage zoo.

As for why everything is max price - that’s the market…. If it were at all difficult to get cc or $ then prices would be meaningful - as it is both are so easy to get that the max price is generally the price because the currency (cc or $) is worthless.
The market is a problem it is literally the one and only reason I dont touch franchise mode because every time I look at the market I want to cry. Why is the only male zebra 10,000cc and albino. CC is only easy to get once you have an established zoo but the problem is if you want a breeding pair of basic animals like zebras you have to sell your soul to be able to afford it and none of the readily available cash animals sell for much cc on the market because you can buy them with cash and the release for next to nothing. So every zoo I build im stuck with peafowl, aarvarks and tortoises I cant even get a basic ungulate because there are never any males on the market unless I sit there and constantly spam reset.

The inflated prices arent caused by the devaluing of the currency they are caused by people who need cc quick so they sell animals for as much as they possibly can and hope they sell. In reality they are a small portion of the market the reason it appears like they are common is because the listings stay up there forever because no one buys them.

Let me give you an example. I've been breeding red foxes for over 500 in-game years trying to work out the Planet Zoo genetics (see my original post on this project.) I'm still working on figuring out a few things. I breed, each breeding cycle, 8 breeding pairs of each color (64 animals total.) I need to keep and pair up their offspring plus a few extras in case I have reasons to eliminate an animal from the breeding pool. So, each cycle, I have about 90 foxes in the trade center. I routinely breed dozens of 4x100 foxes that I release because I don't have room in the trade center to trade them. I used to have a zoo that was only red foxes (plus a few cheap animals from the Trade Center to keep the guests coming) but I wanted to get back to a regular zoo. And keeping a regular zoo and my fox breeding program going is very difficult with the limited space.
I wanted to start a breeding program for each animal to try and get all the gold ranks but always my biggest issue was space I just couldnt store enough animals without having a dedicated storage zoo.

CC is only easy to get once you have an established zoo …. . So every zoo I build im stuck with peafowl, aarvarks and tortoises
stick with peafowl, aardvarks and tortoises then…
Step 1: ensure zoo isn’t losing money and stuff is fixed - fairly easy for a small zoo.
Step 2: leave the room
Step 3: return a while later
Step 4: release for cc
Step 5: repeat, potentially (but not necessarily) with pricier animals to speed things up.

Once you have enough cc that you don’t have to worry just buy whatever - you are now fine for this zoo and every single zoo you build in the future.

Last edited:
Step 1: ensure zoo isn’t losing money and stuff is fixed - fairly easy for a small zoo.
Step 5: repeat, potentially (but not necessarily) with pricier animals to speed things up.

Once you have enough cc that you don’t have to worry just buy whatever - you are now fine for this zoo and every single zoo you build in the future.
Ah yes my favorite, the fact that going afk is by far the best way to start a zoo

In some ways its funny how broken the management is, in others just sad

I wouldn't leave the game running alone with peafowl breeding. They reproduce very fast, overpopulate and make a total mess of their enclosure if you don't pay attention. Then get sick and miserable.
Tortoises and most other reptiles would also produce hundreds of offspring before the first batch grows up. So after they get the first batch they usually need contraception.

If your method for earnings credits involves leaving the game running alone, I would choose different species. Perhaps some ungulates and bears. Maybe the best strategy would be having a set of species with similar lifespan and maturation rate?

I wouldn't leave the game running alone with peafowl breeding. They reproduce very fast, overpopulate and make a total mess of their enclosure if you don't pay attention. Then get sick and miserable.
Tortoises and most other reptiles would also produce hundreds of offspring before the first batch grows up. So after they get the first batch they usually need contraception.

If your method for earnings credits involves leaving the game running alone, I would choose different species. Perhaps some ungulates and bears. Maybe the best strategy would be having a set of species with similar lifespan and maturation rate?
Ur thinking is way to ethical, just make a big enclosure for nile monitor or tortoises and come back later, sell them and keep going

I have multiple zoos covering nearly all the animals ( DEF zoo is causing me headaches rofl ). And I regularly hit the 200 storage. But, for those that weren't aware, we used to only have 50 storage and I regularly hit that back then, and thought 200 would be spacious, nope, within a short time I was regularly maxed out.

Nowadays I manage to keep it at a comfortable 150-175 as I keep special breeding animals in their own zoo in bachelor and breeding habitats and only put those I am planning to trade to players or put in other zoos in the storage. I am also creating a regular breeding zoo for the same purpose, but have put that on hold while attempting the DEF zoo again, need those precious spots for transfers between zoos rofl.. While the zoos aren't active, they aren't aging so, practically the same as being stored away, and you can pick up where you left off the next time you play it.
Storage Management wise. I filter the list to the species in the active zoo so I can keep on top of trades and the next breeding group before jumping to the next zoo. Each zoo starts and ends with checking all animals for potential storage/transfer/trading opportunities.

Using mechanic research to expand the 'transfer storage unit', would give life to the mechanic building. Since I have everything researched I don't use it anymore.

Let me start by saying that I only play franchise mode, and in my opinion 200 storage slots is too small. I'm always full and I can't play as I would like. I hope to increase the number because playing all the animals in this condition is almost impossible.

Another patch and nothing new, who want to play all the animals is forced not to play franchise mode because there is no space to do anything, 145 animals for 200 slot. Multiplayer mode and you are forced to sell for money or free the animals when it is possible to auction them for other players, congratulations :)

I would love if they bumped the trade center storage up. The thing that I enjoy the most about this game is the animal breeding. I'm not an artistic soul and every time that I have tried to make a pretty habitat it looks like a 4th grade diorama. But I do enjoy trying to get better animals and breeding the harder ones (hello, pandas).

Back in the day when the game was first released and the limit was 30, there was also a caveat that you could still store animals over that limit, you just couldn't purchase animals over the limit. So all one had to do was get all of their base animals in the zoo to start a breeding program, and then you could have as many animals as you wanted in the trade center. I had over 500 before they changed that. When they did change it I had to stop playing for a long time as it's hard to determine a path forward when you have 500 animals in a trade center that allows 50 (I think that was the cap when they enforced the change?) I also believe that the current limit is 200 due to performance tuning as when I had over 500 the game would often get "disconnect" errors from the franchise server and I'd have to wait a few minutes before I could resume playing. These would happen a few times an hour. So, annoying, but still mostly playable.

Was/am I an animal hoarder? Sort of. However, the rest of the community benefits from my efforts as I sell off the non 100/100 animals at their suggested trade price. So average Joe could walk up and get a 92/100/83/83 Reticulated Giraffe for around 800CC (I think). Sometimes average Joe would then flip my animals for 10,000 CC, which is frustrating but there's no control that I have over that.

But back to breeding and the numbers involved. Let's take an animal like the Reticulated Giraffe. In order to breed this minimally I need to have 1x male that is not of the same line as the other females, 4x females that are the next set of breeding pairs, and 1x male to be the next "not of the same line" for the next set. So that's 6x giraffes at bare minimum just to keep a program moving. However, anybody that has played as a breeder can tell you that if I take a random 100/100/x/x male and pair him with 4 100/100/x/x females that their children could be all over the map. So the reality is that if you want to be a good breeder, you need to have around 10x males and 15-20x females so that you can create good pairings and have very good offspring. So that's 25-30 spaces, just for Giraffes. For animals with different polygonal setups it can be even worse (elephants, gorillas, chimpanzees, etc). So with 200 slots I can have around 13-14 species in my zoo. That's very limited.

I know that I'm in the minority in how I play. I know that for whatever reason people tend to look down on this style of gameplay. It's a game. Not everybody plays the same way. If they had a constraint that a habitat could only have 200 pieces of building items, people would certainly complain. One might argue that you could make a perfectly acceptable habitat with 200 pieces, so why do you need more? Same idea with the trade center. I can play with 200 slots, but it severely handicaps how I choose to play the game. Please expand it.

Top Bottom