News Frontier 25 - Elite Dangerous Community Activity

Get up, stand up, and jump around

:)
[video=youtube;XhzpxjuwZy0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhzpxjuwZy0[/video]

Last edited:
CMDR Thrust from Bradford passed the 250,000,000ly mark at 14:09 today.

On a serious note, I'm currently fighting a war.
Tomorrow is the last day I can play until the 1st of Feb.

So my total contribution to this cause will likely be zero, unless I have to high wake out in an emergency. Lol

:p

Should held this two weeks ago. I did an 18,000ly round trip!

Last edited:
You dang kids have it so easy today! In MY day, we didn't have frame-shift drives; we had to fly that far using thrusters to get our Cobra III's painted for free! (er, I mean our Cobra's (they didn't come with any fancy ol' letters appended to the name!)

Ummm... is that supposed to be total all players have travelled since the game was released??? 2.5x10e^8 LY in one week seems... ambitious...

Greetings Commanders,

It's our 25th anniversary here at Frontier Developments and we are so excited to spend it with you!

Our communities are filled with wonderful, brilliant people who have given us the opportunity to create games for the last 25 years and we thank you for it. Here's to many more!

To celebrate 25 years of Frontier, we're giving you the chance to unlock a brand new paint job for the Cobra MK III, free for all Commanders called the F25! To unlock it, join forces and collectively travel 250,000,000 light-years between 24 - 31 January. It's that simple! If you reach that amount of light-years jumped on the 31st, the paint job will be unlocked!

Good luck Commanders!

Well that gels very nicely with my current journey to the Formadine rift :).

Exploration is currently broken. After scan you keep getting discovery messages endlessly. Logging out and back in only fixes temporarily. Exiting game does not fix. Exploration is literally broken and unplayable. :/ Here's to hoping for a hot fix before the end of the month at least... Many others are having this problem. Check fourms and steam discussions.

Last edited:
Exploration is currently broken. After scan you keep getting discovery messages endlessly. Logging out and back in only fixes temporarily. Exiting game does not fix. Exploration is literally broken and unplayable. :/ Here's to hoping for a hot fix before the end of the month at least... Many others are having this problem. Check fourms and steam discussions.

But for the purposes of this competition you only need to jump back & forth between two systems in a high jump range ship. The proximity scan messages won't prevent that.

Was saying this for the sake of 1/3rd of the game is currently broken and unplayable :/

So play the other 2/3rds ;)

My two main activities in the game are maintaining an NPC faction and exploration. I do both of these activities alone.

I've abandoned my faction for now (I'll pick up the pieces once it settles down again) and gone exploring, but am sorely missing the ADS. So I empathise, but I'm still playing because however good or bad the 'free week old pizza crust' Beyond updates have been the stellar forge remains an outstanding piece of art that I want to explore, and the BGS is/was a fantastically intricate and detailed ecosystem.

My only hope with most updates is that the game I enjoy is not upturned by big, sweeping changes. This is just a free ship skin and an slightly annoying bug.

The pros outweigh the cons ;)

Lol also I never mentioned the competition so.... Lol so glad your not a Dev xD nothing would get done. Your rather just sit it out and let people who do want to do that just be screwed.. lol wasn't really directed at you but thanks for your opinion :)
Oh yes just let me go back 1000ly real quick and keep playing...... "No no just do what I do forget that" gee thanks :) helpful ;)

Last edited:
Lol also I never mentioned the competition so.... Lol so glad your not a Dev xD nothing would get done. Your rather just sit it out and let people who do want to do that just be screwed.. lol wasn't really directed at you but thanks for your opinion :)

In the case of this one specific bug yes, it doesn't really stop me playing. I'm saying it shouldn't stop you playing either.

If you are only posting to raise awareness of a bug FDev have confirmed both here & on Reddit that they are on the case.

Lol do you not know the severity of the situation? I'm literally in deep space for 100% of the purpose of scanning. Which mind you, is not possible because of the problem. It's literally endlessly telling you what you discovered. You cannot get planet names or types above the planet. You cannot tell from the scans if you need to fly out and scan them or not. Thus literally making the new update pointless. Literally every 1.5 seconds the discovered notification pops up in front of your view. And also scrolls down the side. Over and over never fixing, always repeating what you discovered. Even after you leave the system or exit the game and come back.

Lol do you not know the severity of the situation? I'm literally in deep space for 100% of the purpose of scanning. Which mind you, is not possible because of the problem. It's literally endlessly telling you what you discovered. You cannot get planet names or types above the planet. You cannot tell from the scans if you need to fly out and scan them or not. Thus literally making the new update pointless. Literally every 1.5 seconds the discovered notification pops up in front of your view. And also scrolls down the side. Over and over never fixing, always repeating what you discovered. Even after you leave the system or exit the game and come back.

Yes, I am too. I played for about 4 hours or so today. This is not an issue for this competition, as I said all you need to do is jump between a pair of systems in a high jump range ship. This bug won't stop you doing that.

Perhaps it would be better to vent your frustration in a more appropriate thread:

3.3.03 unplayable(in new systems)

There are two posts in that thread from Paige Harvey, one of the Community team.

I never said it was a problem with the competition but thanks for keep bringing that up for some reason. Good to know that it doesn't effect that. Wasn't my point but thanks for pointing it out. :)

Top Bottom