Community Event / Creation Frontier Comic

Some nitpicking:

-Needs HUD and scanner that can be observed without taking your eyes from HUD.

-Needs different controls - a combat capable spacecraft would probably have two sticks (assuming traditional controls rather than stuff like hydrostatic tank with neural interface) that could be operated simultaneously (so built into armrests) plus pedals AND it would still need something extra (like hat on top of one of the sticks) to handle the remaining axis of freedom (2 degrees of freedom per stick, one handled by pedals, six total so one remaining).

...I like nitpicking. :cool:

Also, if Jameson's name isn't well established, John Jordan Jameson would be a proper tribute to you-know-who.
:D

You will see the scanner at some point, the cockpit does have multiple screens including a seperate panel for maintenance. Also there is actually a combat hotas stick attached to his seat (his hand is holding it) and a seperate control yoke in front of him. I also like to mention that John isn't alone as the main pilot either.

Last edited:
just an update. The first issue should be released by the weekend hopefully. Just on the last few pages and trying to figure out a good enough cliffhanger to end the first episode

I remember speculatively typing 'Frontier Elite 2 comic' into google over the years hoping something like this would pop up. Good work getting it made, really looking forward to reading it!

Okay, gents the wait is over. I have finally completed issue one and have encoded the comic into 2 seperate formats. one is in cbr format for anyone that has a comic reader such as comical (http://comical.en.softonic.com/) if you don't want to download and install that, then I have also converted it to pdf format too. It is best viewed in 'fit page' in the display and zoom options in pdf. if you are reading the CBR version its best viewed in 'fit to width' in the view and zoom settings.

I thank you for your patience and positive comments, it has taken just under a month to complete. I look forward to starting issue 2 that will really kick start the story and also love feedback and ideas you have.

Programs used: 3D Studio max 2009, Poser 2010, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects & Comic Life.

For The PDF Version download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?g5986ag15uq5wbl

For The CBR Version download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?819vgvn11gi1tu4

Edit: Updated with fixed typos.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Only had the chance to read through it quickly as I'm at work, but.....fantastic. great work, will go through it in more detail later, but well done looking forward to part 2

:D:D:D:D

In a word.... brilliant!! :D

I really enjoyed reading this and it looks like an exciting story is starting to develop.

Putting my anorak on for a second, I think Earth has become a paradise once again by 3199 and is no longer polluted. That's according to the Frontier Gazetteer.

A few typos along the way too eg. sheilds instead of shields etc.

But don't get me wrong, these are minor issues. The quality of the art is superb. Can't wait for the next episode! :):)

the typos have now be fixed, my comic maker doesnt come with a spell checker so i checked all text and updated the comic for you all. i think the typos were accidental because my keyboard sometimes has a delayed reaction when i type so letters come out in the wrong order, i had to correct words endless times so im not surprised some slipped through, thanks for bringing it up, if you spot anymore let me know and i will update it again.

I explained about the earth being polluted from the recent war with the empire, not the original pollution issue that happened early on in the 21st century. I know that the timeline explains that the battle happened on empire turf, however i assume some of it would spill back into sol, kind of the small hint raised at the spaceport with the woman trying to ban military drives. Asside from that I don't think there is too much harm in straying away from the original story too much providing it doesn't have any huge changes.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Had a better look and its even better 2nd time round. 11yr old no1 son thinks its Epic (high praise Indeed :) )

Yes very good indeed archamedes. If Frontier EVER gets around to doing Elite 4, they should give you a call. This would be a great addition to the Elite IV Limited Edition, Super Duper, Deluxe version's box :D

Oh, and I took the liberty of letting the good folks on the SSC, PC Gamer and Amibay know about your comic ;)

Last edited:
I would love the comic to be part of elite 4's release. I will start episode 2 in a few days but i just need some time out to do other things, because I have been doing the first one relentlessly for the last month. However I do have something new to share with you in what may appear in either episode 2 or 3 its a 3d model I have been playing around with for quite a while so its about time it got some use. Can you guess what it is yet?

41011395.jpg

91602076.jpg

76427148.jpg

26219872.jpg

72088579.jpg

Yes, a nice rendition of an Imperial Trader. I still think it is one of the most beautiful ships ever created for a game.

Fantastic!
That image is now my new desktop background!:D
P.S. Ever thought of rendering up a Buck Rogers Starfighter or Ranger Class Shuttle From the movie?

Last edited:
Top Bottom