Frontier have anointed chosen ones again...

I don't mind that Frontier are doing this (surprised in fact that it has taken them this long) and if anyone can either make a part time wage or a full time job out of making videos/streams about playing Elite, then gosh, I wish I could too.

The thing that really boils my urine is when forum reference their work as though it is the final say on anything. 'Well Yamiks/OA/whoever said this so there's that established fact'. People need to cut that out.

I would say on reflection I have gained far more knowledge from people on this forum, some of which I didn't even want, looking at you @Rubbernuke, than I have from any of the 'influencers' videos.

OK, if we're pitching who'd be the best candidate for free stuff from Frontier like it's an episode of Dragon's Den ....
I've been very critical of Frontier in the past, I am not what you'd call a "white knight" for Frontier. So much so, that I will never be a moderator on this forum.
This makes me the best person to get free stuffs because when I shill ... I mean, praise Frontier for doing things well, my opinion is going to be the most believable in the community.

Can I haz free stuffs now? :p
I'll see your occasional stroppiness and raise you a hypnotic avatar, which I've influenced others to use, and a sassy protesting username [VR] prefix, which again I've influenced others to use, now gimme back my earbuds and streamdeck!

Lol, thats hilarious. So honest question for any forum goer who takes the liberty to provide feedback on elite and its development.. in the hypothetical situation that they had a forum goers EliteWK initiation program with a tributory pack of customised expensive pc hardware, how would you feel about feedback going forward?

Shouldn't leave the thread without applying the same moral quandary to ourselves.

Me? Holding of those bribe boxes with official printed elite merchandise i couldn't get anywhere? ..... No comment. :/ hhehehehehe

Essentially that's my point, for a few hundred bux of hardware, they own a streamer... Us begging for / bickering over the streamer pack and its juicy contents, we are mocking the ridiculousness of these influential people being bought for a couple of hundred bucks of tax deductable gubbins.

Essentially that's my point, for a few hundred bux of hardware, they own a streamer... Us begging for / bickering over the streamer pack and its juicy contents, we are mocking the ridiculousness of these influential people being bought for a couple of hundred bucks of tax deductable gubbins.

But whats your answer? Would you change your grey to white? Would you keep up your image of grey with one arm twisted behind your back? Let us know :)

I most certainly could be bought. Just not for a couple hundred dollars, pounds, or euros. I suspect that holds true for most of people getting this swag bag.
It's not the 200 worth of toys that is the issue really. It looks worse than it is. Access is where it's actually at. Access to info b4 the general public. Access to betas, to the dev team. That is the cash cow.
Does anyone really believe a couple hundred worth of swag significantly changes how these people speak of a game, when access is the true currency?

I'll see your occasional stroppiness and raise you a hypnotic avatar, which I've influenced others to use, and a sassy protesting username [VR] prefix, which again I've influenced others to use, now gimme back my earbuds and streamdeck!
(Yes I know this is a joke, but anyway ....)
I see your flashy annoying avatar and clique [VR] renaming that fools have joined in on (I did say this was a joke, right?)
And I raise you the fact that if it wasn't for me, there would be no Elite Dangerous (it's half-true, I can't prove it as the post is probably gone, and I need to check, this is a joke ... right?)

I may not have mentioned, I am joking.

I need a new streamdeck :p
ALSO ... I love VR, just don't have it right now.

But why dont they just give out the information to everyone so I can continue to ignore the 'influencers'? Nothing against you, but I'd prefer to cut the middle man and form my own opinion on the information itself. It's also way better for me to just read a paragraph and some bullet points in 30s as opposed to watching an 8 minute YouTube vid where the same info is stretched out and padded with generic shots of asps flying in front of things.
Perhaps Frontier should change one of their favourite comments from 'we can't wait to tell you' to 'we can't wait to tell the influencers, so they can tell you and all the other people we wouldn't have access to except through the influencer'.

Not as snappy I'll admit.

Companies are always giving YouTubers stuff. Some of it I accept, other stuff I reject. I turned down a £2k pc because I didn't like the company and didn't want to support it.

I accepted an Oculus Rift from Oculus because I love VR and feel it's s great headset.

I'm always upfront about these things. Like I say, it's nothing new.

Also, as I said earlier in this thread, I haven't given much thought to the box that was sent to me. I'm considering doing a giveaway as I have no need for it, and I think others would really like it.
I guess the days of having to ask folk to chip in for a graphics card because your present one broke are long gone.

None of my blog is paid for by anyone aside from me and my own time, so if you want a read of Frontier's lengthy development of the game then you can judge it fairly and squarely and often in their own words ;)

I did ask a couple of times (two different Community reps) if I could have an interview with someone from FDev about the development of the game but unfortunately I didnt get a reply on either occasion - which I get as they're interested in Twitch and YouTube etc... Still the blog is now close to half a million page impressions and over 260k visitors, so it's not done badly.
I'd just like to mention I have a bell ringing channel hovering around the 10 mark (well, seven subscribers actually), not related to ED of course, but free publicity is free publicity :)

I'd also like to clarify that Frontier haven't sent me a half ton tenor bell as a freebie.

(Yes I know this is a joke, but anyway ....)
I see your flashy annoying avatar and clique [VR] renaming that fools have joined in on (I did say this was a joke, right?)
And I raise you the fact that if it wasn't for me, there would be no Elite Dangerous (it's half-true, I can't prove it as the post is probably gone, and I need to check, this is a joke ... right?)

I may not have mentioned, I am joking.

I need a new streamdeck :p
ALSO ... I love VR, just don't have it right now.
Hows this for a compromise, I step back and let you get the goody bag, you keep the streamdeck and give me the razor earbuds for withdrawing from the running and I keep my impartiality?

(And of course we are joking - but I'll pm you my address for the earbuds :p)

Hows this for a compromise, I step back and let you get the goody bag, you keep the streamdeck and give me the razor earbuds for withdrawing from the running and I keep my impartiality?

(And of course we are joking - but I'll pm you my address for the earbuds :p)
(as we are joking) Deal!

EDIT: If anyone is thinking we are being OTT with the reminders that we are joking, it's because it is too easy for things to be taken seriously on this forum, and we both know we stand zero chance of getting anything, but a little humour doesn't hurt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom