Frontier please add animations for boarding ships and have the ability to walk around in our cockpits.

Deleted member 110222

D
The video itself isn't cringe. What is cringe is those that believe it still has some relevance nearly ten years later and by posting it they somehow win an argument.
Indeed. In any case, I really think at this point, Frontier might benefit from taking that video down.

Maybe then a handful of people might get the message that 7-8 years is a long time and well, things change.

Deleted member 110222

D
Not sure where they're hearing his intention they launch interiors in 2021 in that vid. Almost like they haven't even watched it...

Things haven't changed - the Brabster wanted to do ship interiors then, and he probably still does.
Yup.

As I've said and I am sure you have to, there has never been any "requirement" for legs to include all environments right away.

In fact, Frontier aren't obligated to add anything more to the game over what we have now.

I wish more players would understand where we stand here. It's the bottom. We're not investors, and we literally have no entitlement to have a say on anything beyond what FD might seek to ask. Even then they are well within their rights to totally ignore it...

I'd just like to start the movement to have a button to skip the ship boarding that they haven't introduced - I can't belive they make us walk all the way every time we board our ship, it's just a time waster. Maybe replace it with a blue circle that allows us to teleport to the flight deck or something.

Deleted member 110222

D
I'd just like to start the movement to have a button to skip the ship boarding that they haven't introduced - I can't belive they make us walk all the way every time we board our ship, it's just a time waster. Maybe replace it with a blue circle that allows us to teleport to the flight deck or something.
See that is a reasonable request.

Considering that our ships do exist in a hangar space as "unmanned" whilst we walk about the concourse, it seems that they really are in the same instance. Would be nice to have that menu have two options: Immersive and teleport.

Think about my hot water system first please, before making scandals a possibility.

This video is so cringe it's reached unreal levels.

Please, stop.

Visions, plans, whatever... They change.

Promises? From a business? Sorry, but it is naive at best to put any faith into a promise from a business, especially when they are promising something that just doesn't exist yet.

It pays to not take everything so literally.
And people aren't allowed to call out companies on their empty "promises"?

The entertainment industry really is the only industry where customers ferociously defend behavior like that. 😅

Were actual "promises" made?

Rather than a generalised inclusive statement of what could be?
That's why I used these: "" ;)

But it's still poor form and misleading. People here rightfully call out SC or other games on this, but turn a blind eye on it when it concerns Elite.

That's why I used these: "" ;)

But it's still poor form and misleading. People here rightfully call out SC or other games on this, but turn a blind eye on it when it concerns Elite.
Just me being curious - these "promises" keep being mentioned with some regularity - as I've not been around since kickstarter days I was still unsure if there had been concrete statements made that I'd not seen.

The other point of curiosity is that, currently, the game is still being actively developed (which is what the latest DLC illustrates) so, as no apparent timescale was mentioned, these geriatric "promises" may yet come to fruition, surely?

I guess the "promises" could be called out if Frontier announced there would be no further developement of the game...

[...]

I guess the "promises" could be called out if Frontier announced there would be no further developement of the game...
They already said there are no plans to add ship interiors to the game. 😝

It's been seven years, of course at some point people are getting impatient. The vision (or whatever you want to call it ) Frontier created of the game is vastly different from the current product and Frontier have been very bad at managing expectations in the past. I think that's pretty obvious.

And I think simply calling everyone who is dissatisfied with Elite a hater is a lazy cop out. (Not saying you're doing that, I was speaking generally)

Frontier have been very bad at managing expectations in the past. I think that's pretty obvious.
I won't disagree with whay you think, naturally.

I've only played for 4 years and a bit, during that time the only expectations being poorly managed were those created by the players themselves. Even the release of the EDO DLC had "players" (or non-players, never players, maybe players) bewailing that it didn't contain content that wasn't announced - it has been a pattern since 3.3 (the first upgrade to ED for me) where the forum complains more about what wasn't included rather than what was.

I'm one of the lucky ones, I bought the game without expectations of what might be, could be, or will be - just what it was at the time, and have had both free and paid content added since then.

I can almost understand the perspective of the backers, but only almost.

Being able to climb a ladder or take a lift to a small area with a door that opened onto the cockpit would do me just fine.

I'm not fussed about exploring 15km of convoluted walkways inside a Corvette just so I can find the space toilet to take a space dump - while getting interdicted just as I've managed to walk 4km away from the cockpit.
Was looking forward to this, but seriously it what I like about that OTHER game....

Which has to be the most baffling aspect. We can't get interiors because "boring and repetitive" but we can run a football field every time we board our M/L ship from a station. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

And people aren't allowed to call out companies on their empty "promises"?

The entertainment industry really is the only industry where customers ferociously defend behavior like that. 😅
publishers get away with stuff like that because of that kind of customers , and they call us "cringy" for calling them out.

They already said there are no plans to add ship interiors to the game. 😝
Noticing the damage ship model for the Anaconda (Is that only ship that has damage model.) after flaying it too close to the sun one too many times and being able to see through where the damaged hull exterior right through the ship's non existent interiors almost most ruins the immersion for me.

But "FDev promised!". No they didn't.

Someone, anyone PLEASE find and post in reply something, ANYTHING in print or video where the word "promise" to do anything in Elite Dangerous is used by anyone at FDev. I would really like to see it.

This should go without saying but phrases like "we want to" and "we would really like to" or "we see in the future" are NOT PROMISES.

Top Bottom