Frustrating Rift S tracking issues

Hope this gets fixed soon. I practically bought my Rift S for ED and I can't play because Elite seems to only use the one, pin point position I was in when setting up my guardian. No other game does this, they all work fine but for some reason Elite just can't figure it out.

Really just want to play the game and I can't even try to.

I had this issue. I resolved it by changing USB 3.0 ports. For me there are certain USB ports on my mobo that just do not work that well for the Rift S. I even had it in one of the USB 3.1 ports, and that didnt work. But I finally found one of the ports that worked perfectly and the problem disappeared.

No idea if this will help, but good luck!

ok I've been having the same problems everybody else has, and I worked out that it's a tracking issue, if your headset loses tracking for even a millisecond it will try to put you back in the centre of the room even though you're not in the centre.

the only thing I can think of to fix it is to make sure you have the best tracking possible so you never lose track.

quick way to test this is put a piece of paper over the top camera and cover up the left and right and the centre cameras with your hand this will cause your screen to go grey and will mess up your position in game

Top Bottom