Fun Challenge: Creating a Novel Nublar

I could have sworn Frontier did a video where they had 2 T.rexes in an enclosure, the one where they show the sound design and wrinkly skin. Weird how they changed it.

I made a bug post about how the social meter for the T.Rex was too small when compared to the Population meter (resulting in 2 Rexes causing the comfort to lower) but, they said Rexes were solitary despite the movies showing the contrary.

You can start to see in the social and population needs as well as the need for the enclosures that herding wouldn't really be of much use in this game. It's not really needed. Cause the Dinosaurs will never form huge herds the way people expect or want.

You can start to see in the social and population needs as well as the need for the enclosures that herding wouldn't really be of much use in this game. It's not really needed. Cause the Dinosaurs will never form huge herds the way people expect or want.

True but, in the case of allotting the number of dinosaurs from InGen's list in the novel, it wouldn't hurt to mix and match some herds into the larger enclosures.
At the same time, this little project unintentionally became a test to see how well the game fares when faced with the challenge of park authenticity (finding ways to work around the game's population/social limits) ;)

It would solve the problem of dinosaurs getting uncomfortable in big enclosures despite meeting their social demands number-wise.

I made a bug post about how the social meter for the T.Rex was too small when compared to the Population meter (resulting in 2 Rexes causing the comfort to lower) but, they said Rexes were solitary despite the movies showing the contrary.

Just cause the Rexes come together for mating doesn't mean they would be together for anything else. You probably wouldn't see a two males or two females in the same territory or area, at least not together. I doubt Tyrannosaurs were pack hunters.

It would solve the problem of dinosaurs getting uncomfortable in big enclosures despite meeting their social demands number-wise.

True. They could always expand the social needs for certain Dinosaurs which I think they should do. Especially if they ever make herding available and or put it back in the game.

But I have a suspicion that these are all design choices and gameplay mechanics that Frontier might be reluctant to change or change quickly. Cause the size of the islands are pretty small. As someone who just started playing on Tacano it's pretty small. There is a space management aspect they are going for and managing the Dinosaurs and choosing which ones are the best to use and can be easily houses in certain size enclosures. It's like a strategy game almost.

True but, in the case of allotting the number of dinosaurs from InGen's list in the novel, it wouldn't hurt to mix and match some herds into the larger enclosures.
At the same time, this little project unintentionally became a test to see how well the game fares when faced with the challenge of park authenticity (finding ways to work around the game's population/social limits) ;)

I understand. I do think some of the social and population limits of some Dinosaurs could be expanded.

I'm still hoping for Herrerasaurus and, possibly, Troodon to pop up soon to have more of the dinosaurs in the original movie park. The Herrerasaurus was mentioned in the Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom stuff as well as being on the JP map...and the Troodons because hybrids shouldn't be the only pain in the rear creature to keep in a pen.

I know!! Im a freak when it comes to space management ( very great at packing for trips!) And I had to give almost 1/4 of land on Pena for the Trex mission. Any other enclosure, she didn't have enough grassland. Thank god she can handle raptors. Also, her comfort was 100% but she broke the fence and ate someone... not sure what happened there. Maybe she wants half of the island for herself...

Never had that problem with a T.Rex. Actually, I never had a T.Rex outbreak. Just Raptors.
As much as I love Raptors, Deinonychus is where its at (cause I'm a dinosaur hipster lol).

In regards to a previous post about a mission rex (or any Dino) I feel like they’re scripted to misbehave. My Trex I had in Pena was a perfect angel. Sold it to breed the mission specific one. Same exact enclosure, no changes, 100% comfort and it would become agitated. Despite a few seconds before being fine.

It just dawned on me...dinosaurs can die of old age even if you never release them from.
I had a bunch of dinosaurs ready that I was planning on only releasing once all the enclosures were ready so I would remember which enclosures were for which species but, I started getting messages that dinosaurs were dying.

I may undertake this challenge now. For the social limits, may have the Dino’s in adjacent enclosures. Best we can do at this point.

So while its obviously not entirely possible to do this I suppose we need to make some substitutions which will have to work. like perhaps the gyrosphere can act as the jeeps for now. It would look weird but what else can you do. The visitor center can be the Innovation center or Science center.
the Stegos can be 4 if you shut escapes off, or just make 5.
The triceratops is interesting but Torosaurs kinda look like them so I guess. The raptors would indeed be interesting because if I recall most were not in their enclosure. I can't remember if there was 3 in the enclosure still like the movies.
The Trexes would have to be seperated

It wouldn’t do anything for dinosaur visibility, but could always use the gyro sphere like a safari truck. Have it drive around the park doing a drive by of the paddocks. Also gives more room for enclosures.

In reference to styracosaurus limit of 4... On nublar you can turn off escapes, so it doesnt matter how unhappy they get. Life had better find a way lol.

Top Bottom