Funny April Fool's Coriolis...

I thought it was brilliant and didn't affect usability at all. Some of you seem to be a bit over-sensitive, no? My apologies if you have eye/other issues that make it difficult.

For a minute there I thought Coriolis had been bought out by Obsidian Ant!! (Sorry Ant, couldn't resist, love your (de-rhotic) voice, we all do) ;)

Many of you are so demanding and taking advantage of a free tool you should be thankful for to even use.

SMH

I developed some free software tools myself (not for ED) and for me the best way users can show their appreciation is by using the software a lot. That's why I found it strange the April Fools joke lasted for 2 whole days. It was funny, but it also made using Coriolis.io a lot harder (for me al least). Initially I searched for a "secret" key combo to switch back to the normal site but there wasn't one AFAIK.

I developed some free software tools myself (not for ED) and for me the best way users can show their appreciation is by using the software a lot. That's why I found it strange the April Fools joke lasted for 2 whole days. It was funny, but it also made using Coriolis.io a lot harder (for me al least). Initially I searched for a "secret" key combo to switch back to the normal site but there wasn't one AFAIK.

I believe there is nothing wrong with giving feedback to people who develop free tools.

'Hey author XY, I love your tool and use it a lot. While the April joke was funny it would be great if there was an option to return to normal.'

Calling them idiots and acting all entitled is probably not the way to go though. (not saying you are doing this, just referring to some posts I read in this thread).

If you haven't checked out Coriolis today, do so! There's an update, and the old MS Office companion "Clippy" is there to keep you company, and I believe Bugs Bunny retyped the entire site, and dyed it pink! April fools preparations most likely, they're hilarious! Clippy's "recommendations" are very funny! (Like "B-rated thrusters are the fastest" and "Shield Boosters give everyone skill" and "When all else fails, fill all empty slots with docking computers!") I hope you all check it out, and have a good laugh! 📷

y4mIjPhBXh13QmA8HyHFjcXUbCOhXr-l9D9kAJdL6LrUCvlc_ffi4h1TMGe5G8wmcXoT0rFFpqZv0BIQyschGka8AXDX9DRE2EfEy7g-zYGhvoJjh9Bb_NzdZb-QZDnGCWrQTE_xfs8rC4Bzi80Wte3ffuuKxcpKBSSESu_kjfXrHJH0eLAeK16Ou_E0Y6l__XZEK-G4myJ1SZUA1VURqBHGg

Is that what that was? Holy &*^% I had just started and just got it linked in properly the day before and I was downloading a couple of apps to the new laptop and had my anti-virus turned off and I thought WT? Looked for hours for the solution to fix it - that scarred the you know what out of me. Now it's funny.

Top Bottom