GALNET - 05 NOV 3307 - Aegis Leader Opposes Salvation

GALNET - 05 NOV 3307 - Aegis Leader Opposes Salvation

Admiral Aden Tanner has called for Aegis to reject the public inquiry’s shutdown and take direct action against Salvation.

The Musashi, an Aegis Defense megaship under his command, has entered the T Tauri system to challenge Taurus Mining Ventures. The corporation has performed activities on Salvation’s behalf, including preparation for the anti-xeno weapon used to eliminate all Thargoids from the Cornsar system.

Admiral Tanner transmitted this message to media outlets:

“Salvation’s unlicensed weapons technology is deliberately designed to provoke the Thargoids, risking millions of lives. My sources tell me that Hind Mine asteroid base contains evidence of this. I therefore demand that Taurus Mining Ventures allows us access so we can determine the truth.”

Patience Middleton of Taurus Mining Ventures responded:

“We are a legitimate business under contract to a private citizen, whose activities are protected by confidentiality agreements. These threats have no legal standing and are not welcome.”

Admiral Tanner is a highly decorated Federal Navy officer and Aegis’s chief military liaison, having coordinated many combat efforts against the Thargoids. The Musashi’s relocation has been condemned by Aegis leadership, and Tanner has been ordered to depart the T Tauri system.

Source

Admiral Tanner is a highly decorated Federal Navy officer and Aegis’s chief military liaison, having coordinated many combat efforts against the Thargoids. The Musashi’s relocation has been condemned by Aegis leadership, and Tanner has been ordered to depart the T Tauri system.
What is it with Fednecks going ballistic lately? First the Paresa incident with them trying to apprehend Hadrian Duval, then Hudson ignoring diplomatic immunity and trying to apprehend Yuri Grom and now we have this guy going rogue with his megaship... 🙄

ooc:
Now that's one article that got released early 😲

Praise Salvation as Salvation is in the right!
Aegis was nothing more than an idle group of credit frauds looking to profit off of the thargoids!
Salvation offers an active solution! Behold his holy weapons! Modified Guardian Hybrid Weapons!
Everyone! We cannot allow these sinners to interfere with his great work!
Though I first suggest thee to assist the colonia bridge project and get that done quickly...
Don't let the devil Tanner take our Salvation and our Guns!

I am conflicted on this.

On one hand, it is very rich for Tanner to make those accusations when he has been the face of Aegis's military actions that have provoked the Thargoids countless times, invading their territory to profit from the barnacles once they've had the independents clear out the natives. My thinking has always been "If Aegis are involved, fight for literally anyone except Aegis". And I certainly don't want Salvation's weapon falling into the hands of Aegis. And let's not forget Aegis's attempt to trigger a Thargoid attack on Sol to, you know, escalate the war.

On the other hand... Tanner's apparently gone rogue? Normally I would dismiss this split as more deception from Aegis, of course they have to condemn their military guy asking them to break the law, while privately cheering him on. But with the extremely limited info we have (who even are these other leaders?) I'm not sure that the writers would do that.

Meanwhile, Salvation's recent messages show that he wants to eradicate the Thargoids, which I'm opposed to, but Aegis also certainly can't be trusted on that front. We also still don't know what drew the Thargoids to Cornsar - I believe it's more likely to be wreckage from the Alexandria than something deliberately placed, but that's just going off flimsy ingame evidence.

Need more information, I hope we will get another article for Salvation's response. In all honestly, I think this conflict for me arises entirely from that one final line about Aegis leadership condemning it. The implications of that line are significant, and yet they're opposed to the mountains of evidence on Tanner's and Aegis's past actions, and my belief that Aegis is Club-backed and Salvation is not. One line in a very recent GalNet vs the whole of Aegis's history. Hmm.

Biff Tanner?
32335494_800_800.jpg

------------

Well, maybe...just maybe Salvation is hiding something? Its funny people go on about AEGIS, but AEGIS never hid a giant superweapon in boxes of paracetamol. And wasn't Mahon the one planting his buttocks in the Thargoids back yards?

Well, maybe...just maybe Salvation is hiding something? Its funny people go on about AEGIS, but AEGIS never hid a giant superweapon in boxes of paracetamol.
I find it funny that people accuse Salvation of luring the Thargoids to Cornsar when the idea for that theory comes from Aegis's attempt to lure the Thargoids to Sol, despite Salvation's actions not lining up with Aegis's methods. The current attacks on the Pleiades are probably a consequence of deploying the weapon, but then Aegis also convieniently forget how they were responsible for triggering a whole bunch of attacks on the Pleiades and other places. For Salvation I could believe it was unintentional, for Aegis... not so much, especially after the Alexandria.

And yet Tanner is apparently defying Aegis here. Perhaps it just comes down to how much that split can be trusted. Last thing we need is for Tanner to win and then dutifully bring Aegis the blueprints for Salvation's weapon. If Salvation elaborates a bit more on this weapon and how he intends to use it given these events, that'd be really helpful because I don't see any good outcomes here.

Suppose there's no chance that the Guardian tech broker is going to give the opposing AI controlled ships guardian engineered weapons to fight the fed ships with in the CZ is there...

Guardian Engineered indi anacondas VS default fed corvettes...

I find it funny that people accuse Salvation of luring the Thargoids to Cornsar when the idea for that theory comes from Aegis's attempt to lure the Thargoids to Sol, despite Salvation's actions not lining up with Aegis's methods. The current attacks on the Pleiades are probably a consequence of deploying the weapon, but then Aegis also convieniently forget how they were responsible for triggering a whole bunch of attacks on the Pleiades and other places. For Salvation I could believe it was unintentional, for Aegis... not so much, especially after the Alexandria.

And yet Tanner is apparently defying Aegis here. Perhaps it just comes down to how much that split can be trusted. Last thing we need is for Tanner to win and then dutifully bring Aegis the blueprints for Salvation's weapon. If Salvation elaborates a bit more on this weapon and how he intends to use it given these events, that'd be really helpful because I don't see any good outcomes here.
Salvations 'detection' method was pretty much stuffing loads of bait into a system. I don't expect Tanner to get much support but Salvation is suspect.

Salvations 'detection' method was pretty much stuffing loads of bait into a system.
We don't know that. Unfortunately the Guardian stuff has never been mentioned on GalNet, so we have extremely limited evidence to work with here. But ultimately we have two recent stockpiles of Guardian tech that could be to blame - the Alexandria and the Glorious Prospect. The Alexandria was loaded in Thargoid territory, moved into the bubble, and then went missing. Salvation's megaship was not loaded in Thargoid territory, and has never left the system where it was loaded. What little we do have leans towards the Alexandria.

And hell, if we're just comparing detection systems, Eagle Eye only appears to be capable of detecting attacks when the Thargoids are being led to man-made beacons outside stations.

We don't know that. Unfortunately the Guardian stuff has never been mentioned on GalNet, so we have extremely limited evidence to work with here. But ultimately we have two recent stockpiles of Guardian tech that could be to blame - the Alexandria and the Glorious Prospect. The Alexandria was loaded in Thargoid territory, moved into the bubble, and then went missing. Salvation's megaship was not loaded in Thargoid territory, and has never left the system where it was loaded. What little we do have leans towards the Alexandria.

And hell, if we're just comparing detection systems, Eagle Eye only appears to be capable of detecting attacks when the Thargoids are being led to man-made beacons outside stations.
Funny how AEGIS lose a ship and Salvation suddenly gains though.

I don't buy the Thargoids destroying the Alexandria I mean, and that Salvation took it.
That would have some...interesting implications. But there's no evidence to support that theory, and I don't see why Frontier would need to make that a plot point when Salvation/Taurus already have a bunch of other megaships. They're not short of them, anyone seems to be able to get them nowadays.

I'm just returning from a 6 month hiatus from the game ... made the mistake of reading this thread. The "lore" seems to be getting more batpoop bonkers indecipherable than when I left. Is there somewhere/some resource where I can get a recap of what has been happening in ED lore? Or am I doomed to reading through the Galnet archives?

That would have some...interesting implications. But there's no evidence to support that theory, and I don't see why Frontier would need to make that a plot point when Salvation/Taurus already have a bunch of other megaships. They're not short of them, anyone seems to be able to get them nowadays.
Its not the ship itself, its what was inside it- or (dons foil) what happened when all that Guardian tech came together. My guess was the Thargoids realised what was going to happen and tried to stop it.

I'm just returning from a 6 month hiatus from the game ... made the mistake of reading this thread. The "lore" seems to be getting more batpoop bonkers indecipherable than when I left. Is there somewhere/some resource where I can get a recap of what has been happening in ED lore? Or am I doomed to reading through the Galnet archives?
There's a summary thread somewhere by Bruce G. regarding the ongoing "Azimuth Saga"...

Top Bottom